It seems that Kaspersky started blocking Steam servers

Rimanah

As of today, Kaspersky began blocking Steam servers making me unable to use my Steam client fully. This issue was not there in the past, it is new. It makes me wonder, if it can be rolled back(there was an update not a long time ago, so I assume this was what caused it). Currently disabling Kaspersky completely makes Steam usable again, but clearly this solution isn’t optimal. 

Could this be fixed in the future and does anyone else experience compatibility issues with Steam?

As of today, Kaspersky began blocking Steam servers.

Hello @Rimanah,

Welcome back!

Please read before you create a new topic & provide the information detailed by @Danila T.including full screen images of the issue & KIS Report, showing KIS blocking Steam servers? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello, thank you for the answer. Kaspersky doesn’t show any notification regarding the blocking, but I was able to fix the issue by disabling monitoring on ports 443 and 80. It must be a new problem, either on Steam’s or Kaspersky’s side.

As of today, Kaspersky began blocking Steam servers.

Hello @Rimanah,

Welcome back!

Please read before you create a new topic & provide the information detailed by @Danila T.including full screen images of the issue & KIS Report, showing KIS blocking Steam servers? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello, thank you for the answer. Kaspersky doesn’t show any notification regarding the blocking, but I was able to fix the issue by disabling monitoring on ports 443 and 80. It must be a new problem, either on Steam’s or Kaspersky’s side.

Actually just disabling monitoring on port 443 fixed it.

Hello @Rimanah

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for taking the time to let us know🙏 

We’re delighted the issue is resolved🤸

Flood🐳+🐋

Well, while It is a solution, I wouldn’t say the issue is fixed. This is essentially disabling Kaspersky’s functionality anywhere - a “brute force” solution. The issue still needs to be looked at and perhaps Steam needs to be whitelisted by Kaspersky to stopped it from being blocked.

The issue still needs to be looked at and perhaps Steam needs to be whitelisted by Kaspersky to stopped it from being blocked.

Hello @Rimanah

1. IF Kaspersky is *blocking* Steam, it will show in the KIS Reports. 
  2. Have you reported the issue to Steam? 
  3. Log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, on the support page, select your region, select either Online Chat or Email, fill in the Application malfunctionApplication fails to start template, include a detailed history & images; Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will advise you:

‼ Note: if you wish to receive a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Online chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email AFTER the chat completes‼

• When it’s available, please share the outcome with the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋