Issues with Patch E, Cant start Firefox, Malwarebytes, VirtualBox etc. after KIS 20 Version (e) Update [merged] [Closed]

CronoK
Go to solution Solved by Schulte,

• Solution

Real-time scanning or not both platforms need to get together and work out a mutually beneficial solution.

According to a post in the french forum the protection against ransomware is responsible for the problem. If two programs do the same thing, it will always lead to problems.
If protection against ransomware is deactivated in MBAM, both programs run without problems.

(Thanks to @Berny )

I had the Kaspersky Antivirus, which was working fine, However after uninstalling completely and reinstalling back Internet security, That’s When I was experiencing crashes, and unresponsive explore. Finally, figured out Kaspersky Internet security was causing the problem. Now after uninstall, the window 10 doesn’t break anymore. I am trying to find if someone faced something similar. If so, How did you resolve the problem. Since I have malwarebyte 3 installed. 

Similar problem but more severe, How do I make sure I don;t get the E patch. Also I have Malwarebyte premium

Part of mischievous behavior it was, firefox, downloaded files were stuck,  On Task Manager, never ending process Even after completely closing.

I posted earlier some of clip on a different forum,  I was baffled, as was the other who was helping me out. 

https://streamable.com/5piqz

https://streamable.com/sh4vq

https://streamable.com/g5l1q

Hello  @kazmi,

Welcome!

If you don’t have KIS 20, how is the problem related to this topic? 

Please explain the issues in detail so we can help?

Also, if you did choose ro upgrade to KIS20, Mbam can remain, however, it’s necessary to deactivate RealTime Protection. 

Thank you

List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Total Security 20

Screenshot
I was downloading regular item on the firefox  Never happened, it was certainly odd for to see download stuck at one place.

This happened with firefox and other programs as well. I was  unsure if this has something to do, but while in safe mode, this displayed Screenshot

It extremely weird that End Task wouldnt end the process to it Instead, I'm left with a zombie task that refuses to die.

I had ended the firefox in the task manager, However,  looking into the task Manager, in Details tab, the firefox still remained, Even after few round of restart of the laptop, I open found the problem persisting, 'firefox is aready running, but is not responding the old firefox process must be closed to open new window

When I accessed Disk Cleanup section, to perform the necessary steps, right after it starts, however the process bar stay at the same place.
Even after canceling it, the whole windows explore will become unresponsive, accessing any folder, it takes time and wouldn’t load. Screenshot

Hello @kazmi,

Thank you for replying.

• Do you only have 25gb free? 
  • Have you checked Windows Troubleshooter
  • Have you checked Windows Event logs? 
  • Have you run standard Windows system diagnostics procedures? 

1st. Prepare your system Kaspersky Internet Security 20 System Requirements

2nd. List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security 20

3rd. How to install Kaspersky Internet Security 20 and installer

4th. Kaspersky Internet Security 20 release notes

5th. How to roll back to the previous version of Kaspersky Internet Security and keep the application settings

Thank you

Hello @kazmi,

Thank you for replying.

• Do you only have 25gb free? 
  • Have you checked Windows Troubleshooter
  • Have you checked Windows Event logs? 
  • Have you run standard Windows system diagnostics procedures? 

No

Yes,

Yes, I have checked windows event log
Yes, ran sfc / found no corrupt

I would like to point out, that after uninstallation of KIS 20, everything is running normal without any issue. 

Hi,

i got an update for KIS 2020 yesterday. From version (d) to (e). I remember that i got a popup from KIS in the 2019 version to restart my computer after an update. I didnt get any for the update i mentioned above but the size was more than 10 MB (so i figured it had to be an version update, not just database update).

After restarting it showed version (e). When i tried to start Firefox i got an Password-Manager Popup from Kaspersky (like they do occasionally every week or smth). But Firefox didnt really start. The process hung up and couldnt be closed via task manager. Restarting PC leads to the same result. I couldnt start Firefox. There was no idication of a blocked process in the Kaspersky reports. I could start VirtualBox either. Chrome stills works.

After installing a recent backup with KIS 20 ver. (d) everything works fine. After Updating again => same errors as descirebed above.

I upgrade from KIS 19 to 20 without kavremover. Using the normal uninstall routine on the freshly installed backup to delete KIS 20 (d) and reinstalling it works, but i dont get an update to version (e) with the database update function.

Using Windows 10 1903, latest update.

AMD 3700X

Asus X570 Motherboard

CronokC,

You have just summarised quite closely the problems I have been experiencing, and I’m now wondering if this is what is causing my problems.  I use MBAM premium with Kaspersky Internet Security also.  About a week ago I found that closing applications would still result in their processes running in the background.  For instance, if I closed Steam in the tray, the icon would disappear but the processes would still be running.  Any attempt to terminate said processes would be unresponsive, thus preventing any re-launch of the program.  I have also had this behaviour happen with Chrome, Firefox, Uplay, Malwarebytes, and even Kaspersky.   Only a restart would stop the processes.   A few days ago I decided to revert to a system image I made when Windows was cleanly installed and the problem went away.  Everything seemed to be working fine until just now where the problem has reoccurred.  The only thing I have done today is uninstall Kaspersky 2019 and install Kaspersky 2020.  It’s has to be something to do with this.

Hi,

i got an update for KIS 2020 yesterday. From version (d) to (e). I remember that i got a popup from KIS in the 2019 version to restart my computer after an update. I didnt get any for the update i mentioned above but the size was more than 10 MB (so i figured it had to be an version update, not just database update).

After restarting it showed version (e). When i tried to start Firefox i got an Password-Manager Popup from Kaspersky (like they do occasionally every week or smth). But Firefox didnt really start. The process hung up and couldnt be closed via task manager. Restarting PC leads to the same result. I couldnt start Firefox. There was no idication of a blocked process in the Kaspersky reports. I could start VirtualBox either. Chrome stills works.

After installing a recent backup with KIS 20 ver. (d) everything works fine. After Updating again => same errors as descirebed above.

I upgrade from KIS 19 to 20 without kavremover. Using the normal uninstall routine on the freshly installed backup to delete KIS 20 (d) and reinstalling it works, but i dont get an update to version (e) with the database update function.

Using Windows 10 1903, latest update.

AMD 3700X

Asus X570 Motherboard

CronokC,

You have just summarised quite closely the problems I have been experiencing, and I’m now wondering if this is what is causing my problems.  I use MBAM premium with Kaspersky Internet Security also.  About a week ago I found that closing applications would still result in their processes running in the background.  For instance, if I closed Steam in the tray, the icon would disappear but the processes would still be running.  Any attempt to terminate said processes would be unresponsive, thus preventing any re-launch of the program.  I have also had this behaviour happen with Chrome, Firefox, Uplay, Malwarebytes, and even Kaspersky.   Only a restart would stop the processes.   A few days ago I decided to revert to a system image I made when Windows was cleanly installed and the problem went away.  Everything seemed to be working fine until just now where the problem has reoccurred.  The only thing I have done today is uninstall Kaspersky 2019 and install Kaspersky 2020.  It’s has to be something to do with this.

Same thing happened to me. I did like you and installed a system image and the problem went away...Then came back! … Probably because Kerspersky pushes updates which obviously contain conflicts with other software. (Conflicts which never existed before) Namely with Malewarebytes. You’d think they’d have figured this out before broadcasting this unnecessary red-haring causing many Window’s users major headaches.

Hello @rlwings,

Welcome!

Kaspersky have clearly documented V20 hardware and software requirements. 

Thank you. 

That may be so, but in reality nobody really reads hardware and software requirements for antivirus software. Most people install it and expect it to work. (As it usually does from other companies, and did by Kaspersky until recently). The changes made to Kaspersky, whatever there were, now interfere with the proper operation of Firefox. Apparently some conflict with Malewarebytes. This conflict never happened before, but some recent change to Kaspersky did not take into account the many paying and invested customers who already own Malewarebytes. To suggest that customers deactivate portions of their already existing software in order to allow yours to work properly is not a solution. I really expected more from Kaspersky. There needs to me an immediate patch, and or change made to your code! Even if it means removing one of your overlapping features with Malewarebytes.

• 3 weeks later...

Just for completeness…..   

As a possible alternative (for those folk who want to keep Malwarebytes running) you could try an alternative antivirus. I have just tested Bitdefender Free and it seems to be working well.

Just saying :-)

this is my solution for above problem… I just uninstalled kaspersky and installed AVG… my 3 licences for Kaspersky Total Security just landed in WC… :-( if Kaspersky want to go the same way as Apple than bye!