Issues connecting with Slack (port 443 problems)

Hi

I have been using Kaspersky and Slack together for many years. Very recently, Slack has broken for me and is unable to connect. I went through all the troubleshooting with Slack, including a total reset and was still unable to connect. However, when I disabled Kaspersky, it started to work again.

I narrowed this down further by going to 'Settings -> Network Settings -> Monitor selected ports only -> deselect 443'. Confirming and reopening Slack will cause the application to work again.

Naturally, I don't want to disable 443.

To reitterate: This appears to be a recent change as I have used both for years together without an issue.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

System:

• Windows 10 21H1
  • Kaspersky Total Security - 21.3.10.39(i)

Screenshots:

With 443 enabled:

image.png.c09229c788d57d02d0790084eb2c584f.png

With 443 disabled, Slack connection is okay:

image.thumb.png.d0694cee8704fa76cc309fd6203e053b.png

Thanks

Edited by Agent

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply.

The 'trusted addresses' option is greyed out, as I had "Do not scan encrypted connections" selected. This was due to previous issues with web development and the certificate. It appears that even with this selected, some issues can still happen.

I've kept 443 disabled for now, as I don't have time to further troubleshoot.

This issue now seems to be hitting more than just Slack however. Battle.net from Blizzard is now experiencing the same issue. It it unable to update games (connection failing). Disabling Kaspersky instantly resolves the issue, and games can be downloaded and updated. Port 443 scanning is still disable as mentioned above.

I'll look into what ports Battle.net is using and see what options I have. Much like Slack, I've used Battle.net and Kaspersky together for years without issue. It's a shame to see multiple applications suddenly having issues.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/2/2022 at 3:00 AM, Schulte said:

Hello @Agent, Welcome.

You can add Slack to your trusted addresses. Then the traffic through port 443 will not be scanned only at this address.
'Settings->Network settings->Trusted addresses->Add'.

Hide contents

image.png.28dadf38c30cf096c3ee63d09eb2b243.png

This method is not working on me. My Slack connection still blocked. Disable checking on HTTPS > Port 443 seems the only way around. 

• 8 months later...

Hello, this issue just started for me today. Same problem as OP, can't access Slack without disabling Port 443. 

On 9/26/2022 at 1:56 AM, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi @Ronny Sugianto, try this: 

1. Disable Self-Defense via Settings -> General
2. Exit Kaspersky product
3. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete all the contents (files and folders)
4. Run Kaspersky product
5. Enable Self-Defense
6. Check the issue.

If anyone could go into more detail how to "exit the Kaspersky product" it would be appreciated. Whenever I try to delete the contents in the report folder I can't while the application is running. I get "access denied" if I try to force stop the lab launcher in the task manager.

Cheers.

If You can't delete the files, it's because probably You did not apply correctly the step 1 (Save the change to apply)

Anyway, check if in Your country region it is already released Kaspersky 21.13, this bug is already fixed in new Kaspersky line of products:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2022 at 2:56 AM, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi @Ronny Sugianto, try this: 

1. Disable Self-Defense via Settings -> General
2. Exit Kaspersky product
3. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete all the contents (files and folders)
4. Run Kaspersky product
5. Enable Self-Defense
6. Check the issue.

I had exactly the same issue with Slack, OpenVPN Connect, and Battle.net.  When I followed the above instructions, the problem went away without me having to modify the "Monitor selected ports" option.  Note that I'm using Kaspersky Total Security 21.3.10.391 (k).

I appreciate the help here.