Is there a notification when gaming mode is functioning?

Xardas

Hi all,

I have Kaspersky Security Cloud Free edition.

I’ve been wondering if Kaspersky leaves a notification every time I start playing a game in full screen mode? I remember when first installing Kaspersky Security Cloud Free that there was a notification in the lower right part of my desktop when I would launch Steam for example and now I dont have that.

Gaming mode is enabled in the options.

I’d just like to make sure everything’s working properly. 

P.S. I’m using Windows 10 Home.
Thanks a lot!

1. Is there a notification when gaming mode is functioning?

Hello @Xardas,

Welcome!

Kaspersky gives you a choice:

Settings, Interface, Notification settings → Gaming mode → options available: Save in local Report, Notify on Screen 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Reference: 

KSC, How to configure application notifications

Thanks a lot for the answer! 

I checked and everything’s as it is in the photo you shared. I even unchecked and checked the boxes again and I started a game on Steam but still didn't get any notification :/ 

Hello @Xardas

You’re most welcome!

Thank you for updating us.

1. Which KSC version patch(x) x=letter, is installed - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. Is  Use Do not Disturb mode checked? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Xardas

Thank you for posting back, the information & it’s great having you as a part of the Community☺ !

Sorry for the delay, we’ve been chatting with Kaspersky Technical about the issue.

1. Please post a full screen screen print of the options Gaming mode options you see, including Do not Disturb mode please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello!

It was showing one notification about enabling extensions on documents (.exe for example ) but I’ve turned that off a couple of days ago. Yesterday it also showed a notification when I logged in to MyKaspersky but other than that, I think nothing else…

Thanks!

Hello, I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391 (g) and I have what appears to be the same problem.  I don’t think Game mode is activating across a number of games and I am definitely not receiving onscreen notifications or log entries indicating so.  I have looked at the settings recommended in this thread and elsewhere, but I have not been able to get game mode to function.  I realize it’s a different product, so if you recommend I start a separate thread or support ticket, please let me know.