Is my kaspersky alright ?

iWoodGames
Go to solution Solved by Schulte,

Alright, so I bought Kaspersky total security and Kaspersky VPN about 25 days ago, had no problem but today I noticed something unusual, first my browser, programs and anything that required internet said there was no connection, I disconnected from the vpn, didn't work, I checked my other devices and they still had working internet, then I did a quick scan that lasted about 5-8 seconds which seemed pretty odd since I read that really quick scans are a symptom from an infected anti-virus, I know quick scans are suppost to be quick but I don't remember it that quick. I've also noticed that when I run scans, every time I get different results, a full scan once told me it scanned 1m files and then next day 1.8m files. This is my first time using Kaspersky so yeah.

Edited by iWoodGames

• Solution

Hello @iWoodGames, Welcome.

Kaspersky uses some techniques that make a scan faster and faster over time (iSwift, iChecker, Scan only new and changed files,...). This also explains the difference in the number of scanned files.
Purely theoretically, a scan duration in the range of seconds is possible.

What worries me a bit is the lack of internet access. This is also needed for a deeper scan.
Does the problem still exist?
Can you give us some more information about it?
Does the connection work when you temporarily disable Total Security (tray menu)?

One thing I would like to say: if the scan finds nothing, the system should be safe.

14 hours ago, Schulte said:

Kaspersky uses some techniques that make a scan faster and faster over time (iSwift, iChecker, Scan only new and changed files,...). This also explains the difference in the number of scanned files.

What worries me a bit is the lack of internet access. This is also needed for a deeper scan.
Does the connection work when you temporarily disable Total Security (tray menu)?

One thing I would like to say: if the scan finds nothing, the system should be safe.

Thanks for the information, about the internet access I forgot to mention that after I noticed it I restarted my computer and it was back to normal, I haven't experienced it again. And yeah the connection does work after temporarily disabling Total security.

I can't be sure what the problem was with the connection, but I also noticed that some apps weren't working properly before I checked windows for updates and installed it (windows 10 22h2), the connection problem could be that I didn't install the update?

14 hours ago, Schulte said:

Thanks for the information, about the internet access I forgot to mention that after I noticed it I restarted my computer and it was back to normal, I haven't experienced it again. And yeah the connection does work after temporarily disabling Total security.

I can't be sure what the problem was with the connection, but I also noticed that some apps weren't working properly before I checked windows for updates and installed it (windows 10 22h2), the connection problem could be that I didn't install the update?