Is Kaspersky Free Gone now?

😀   Thanks Flood.  I repied to that post.  In the world of free offerings KSC is the only option now if you don’t want your poor Granny to be conned into spending £100’s pounds by the likes of Avast and AVG. 

When I download the EU product from the global site I get the following splash screen: 

and then the installer:  ks4.021.3.10.391en_25100.exe 

with the end result: 

when I use the URL https://www.kaspersky.co.uk/free-cloud-antivirus and follow through I get this page:

and the installer: kaspersky4win202121.5.11.384aen_33704.exe 

With the end result: 

With a 3rd Accept/decline option (over and ablve “Marketing” and “Security Network” called “Data Processing for using the Web Portal”. Not sure whether to accet or decline that one as a rule going forward.  I expect “accept” after reading it briefly:

Hi @smipx,

Regarding Data processing, it’s personal choice, (personally), when it comes to ‘sharing’ our data, beyond what’s required to save our lives, we decline; but, if that statement is that you can’t use the web portal unless you accept that screen & that means you can’t use the software, then it would be ‘Accept’… 😶

Link

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

On the new version it looks like the options below are missing or have moved:

I hope this doesn’t mean that we are going to get bombarded by popups and ads to upgrade like you do with Avast / AVG ??

This new version is still 2021 though right?  Is there a newer 2022 in the pipeline over an above this do you think or is this the new Free offering that was being talked about over at 

Link

They are ALL new screens  - total change to the interface and onboarding process.  It’s best if you install it and see for yourself - its all change!!

I installed qbittorrent and utorrent yesterday (utorrent by mistake) but KAS flagged nothing.  When I did a reinststall of KAS it removed itself - that PUP popped up in Defender - then KAS reinstalled itself so it may have been utorrent that installed it but KAS and Malwarebytes did not care. As soon as Defender re-enabled itslf during the upgrade it obviously had a problem with it. 

I installed qbittorrent and utorrent yesterday (utorrent by mistake) but KAS flagged nothing.  When I did a reinststall of KAS it removed itself - that PUP popped up in Defender - then KAS reinstalled itself so it may have been utorrent that installed it but KAS and Malwarebytes did not care. As soon as Defender re-enabled itslf during the upgrade it obviously had a problem with it. 

There we go then! :)

Actually - in fairness to the above mentioned programs it was actually an admin tool I use for passwords - My Bad - I apologise to Kaspersky unreservedly.

It’s been a while since I have looked at the Free version and the little tweaks to make it work well.  What are people’s take now on the Browser Addon (specifically for the free version).  The concensus was that it was of no benefit if you are on free (as well as no real use to keep the free VPN and the free Password manager due to restriction on the free offering). I don’t use the safe money or vitrual keyboard either.  I have other tools that cover that.  I also use ABP for adverts (or Ublock Origin) so am covered for that too. 

I was looking at the blurb about the plugin and it mentions: 

- Private Browsing – informs you about attempts by websites to collect your data and allows you to block collection.- Kaspersky URL Advisor – marks search results with colored indicators according to the link’s security level.- Anti-Banner – blocks advertising banners on websites.- Dangerous Content Blocking - prevents a website from loading if it is deemed a dangerous or phishing website by Kaspersky.

I think that the dangerous website blocking works without the addon and private browsing / antibanner is covered by the adblockers I already use

Opinions gratefully received.

Thanks guys

Paul