Internet speed is really slow after installed Kaspersky

kronkdark
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

After installing, the internet speed is clearly squeezed, normally my download speed is 100 Mbps, after installed kaspersky the download speed is limited to 20-25 Mbps, that is only 3 MB / s.
It's funny that I download any file under 100mb, the speed is 10-11MB/s, and when I download files larger than 100MB, it automatically squeezes down to 3MB/s, including Steam or IDM, some co-op games just stfu and can't connect to the host.

So is there any fix for this ******** software ? How to disable this idiot internet download limiter to make my internet speed work like what i pay it for ????

Hello @kronkdark

Welcome!

1. (please) Read before you create a new topic!
  2. ⚠ Make sure Limit traffic on metered connections is not enabled → open KIS, select Settings, select Network settings, uncheck Limit traffic on metered connections.
  3. If you’ve followed the system preparation & install documentation exactly & are confident the software is the problem, contact the Kaspersky consumer support team for assistance: How to request a refund for a Kaspersky application

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @kronkdark

Welcome!

1. (please) Read before you create a new topic!
  2. ⚠ Make sure Limit traffic on metered connections is not enabled → open KIS, select Settings, select Network settings, uncheck Limit traffic on metered connections.
  3. If you’ve followed the system preparation & install documentation exactly & are confident the software is the problem, contact the Kaspersky consumer support team for assistance: How to request a refund for a Kaspersky application

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Tks, doesnt work, still slow

• Solution

Hello @kronkdark

You’re most welcome!

1. Please log a request with Kaspersky support, select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; support can fully analyse your system via logs, traces, & other data, they will guide you.
  • 💥 If selecting Chat option, we recommend you request a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email AFTER the chat completes.

IF support are unable to assist you still have the option to request a refund😌

Please share the outcome with the Community?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @kronkdark

You’re most welcome!

1. Please log a request with Kaspersky support, select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; support can fully analyse your system via logs, traces, & other data, they will guide you.
  • 💥 If selecting Chat option, we recommend you request a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email AFTER the chat completes.

IF support are unable to assist you still have the option to request a refund😌

Please share the outcome with the Community?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

I just spent a whole beautiful day just to talk to kaspersky proguide’s support via email. Well, he/she was very helpful to me, through the whole conversation he/she just made me thing im a ******** idiot to buy Kaspersky’s product, all their answer is very simple: “its all your fault so we reject to support you”. 

Like the hell would i know how can Kaspersky downgrade download speed of some specific software. Oh damn, and he/she blamed me for that instead of troubleshooting the problem.

Thank you for your colleague, i just reinstalled window and start using another Antivirus  instead.

Have a nice day.

Hello @kronkdark

Thank you for posting back!

• We’re so sorry you’ve had a disastrous Kaspersky *support* experience, sadly it’s not the first time it’s happened.
  • One small thing we need to point out, we are just like you, garden variety users of Kaspersky software, nothing to do with Kaspersky, not on their payroll, none of them are *our colleagues*, all of us in the Community are here voluntarily, unless there’s a ‘Kaspersky employee’ beside a user’s profile name/photo. 

We hope they processed the refund? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

@kronkdark Can you please provide your INC number and specify the reason why Kaspersky refused to provide support 🤔

Well, you don’t need to worry. It was very frustrating and it is still very frustrating until now.

Summary:

• They asked me to provide them screenshot before and after turned off Kaspersky, of course i did provide them. I tested with Epic Game and Steam to see the different while Kaspersky Internet Security still turning on.
  • Clearly Epic Game still can reach max throttle in download speed and disk write, mean while Steam download speed and disk write are hard cap at 3 MB/s.
  • I sent these 2 screenshots to them and they said “Kaspersky can not interfere your machine”.
  • I sent another message to them said that “If you don’t believe me i will give you my Teamview ID so you can access my machine and look at it with your own eyes”.
  • They replied me “Kaspersky can not interfere your machine……..”.
  • I provided 2 screenshot show the different before and after i clean removed Kaspersky with kavremover.
  • *they ignore*

• They asked me to provide machine info log, which i did right after that, it took me more than 30 minutes to get the log. 
  • I sent them my machine info log, they said my log was failed. I dont know failed at what, i can read it all those logs with my eyes.
  • Now they are asking me to provide them another 2 logs to waste another 1 hour of my time for them.

Lmao i gave up. I dont need refund anymore, i wont ever want to buy anything from them again.

I bought Kaspersky Internet Security key from a reseller company operating in Vietnam named kaspersky proguide. My order id is: KASCARE332241