Interactive mode

Kasperov
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi, I still don’t have Kaspersky & I have a question: Does Kaspersky prompts me if an application or file wants to access internet & askes me to allow it or not (& create the rule for it)? In other antiviruses this is called interactive mode or alert mode. This is important for me to know if I want to install Kaspersky.

Thanks

• Solution

Hello @Kasperov

Welcome!

• 💥If the Perform recommended actions automatically check box is cleared, the main application components work in interactive mode. This means that Kaspersky Internet Security asks you to decide which action to take on detected objects and threats if the Ask user option is selected in the settings of File Anti-Virus, Web Anti-Virus, Mail Anti-Virus, System Watcher, and Application Control.
  • If the check box is selected, Kaspersky Internet Security automatically chooses the action based on rules defined by Kaspersky experts.

Thank you🙏, 

Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks @Flood and Flood's wife & @Berny for your replies, I have another question which may be not related directly to Kaspersky but if you have any info, it would be much appreciated to share: In the meantime from uninstalling my previous antivirus to installing Kaspersky Internet Security, how can I deny apps which I don’t want to allow? There are hundreds of apps which is hard to go though windows firewall and define them. Should I switch internet off? I saw Kaspersky needs internet to download & install.

Thanks

In the meantime from uninstalling my previous antivirus to installing Kaspersky Internet Security, how can I deny apps which I don’t want to allow? There are hundreds of apps which is hard to go though windows firewall and define them. Should I switch internet off? I saw Kaspersky needs internet to download & install.

Hello @Kasperov

You’re most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the additional information. 

• 💥 KIS does need the internet for download & install. 
  1. Set an Allow rule for KIS, & Deny rule, for whatever else you’re concerned about: How to set a connection rule for an application
  2. Regarding the ‘actual’ install, follow Kaspersky’s documentation always, How to install the application, including: check Hardware & software requirements?
  3. Check whether any applications installed on the computer are incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security?

• MR5, (Kaspersky’s new Home software range), has been released, the KIS (21.3) equivalent is Standard, so determine if you’re going to use KIS or Standard, references: 

Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ

Kaspersky Basic | Standard | Plus - Online Help

💥 IF, in the future, you reach out to the Community for help with Kaspersky software, always tell us:

1. Device OS name, version & build, e.g. Windows, MAC, Android, iOS, reference doc: How to find the version of your operating system?
  2. Kaspersky software name, version & patch?
  3. Screen-prints(s), images of the issue, if we see what you “see”, often times it is a huge help!

Thank you🙏, 

Flood🐳+🐋

Thanks @Flood and Flood's wife ,

• It makes sense that with exception of KIS I deny other apps in windows firewall, until I install KIS. I guess KIS includes of several apps (or files) which I should find & allow them in firewall?
  • I looked at article but I still don’t understand the difference of KIS and standard, is KIS now called standard or they are different?

Thanks