Install of Kaspersky Mobile Security

I have an Android phone that has 'Secure Folder' enabled.

Where do I install Kaspersky Mobile Security to have the entire phone scanned ? Within Secure Folder ? or outside of Secure Folder ?

I couldn't find a KMS forum to post this in. 

11 hours ago, celsurf said:
  1. I have an Android phone that has 'Secure Folder' enabled.
  2. Where do I install Kaspersky Mobile Security to have the entire phone scanned ? Within Secure Folder ? or outside of Secure Folder ?
  3. I couldn't find a KMS forum to post this in. 

Hello @celsurf

Welcome back!

1. Read before you create a new topic! by Danila T.
  2. In the main OS, when the app install starts, (you) will be prompted by screens, that will guide you, not all are shown here, there's too many, however, the following are *critical*, if permission is *not* granted (you) will not be able to install the Kaspersky app:                                                                                       image.thumb.jpeg.6afd1dfd20a74f1502e2c94c55f003d7.jpeg  image.thumb.jpeg.4a04d735b1f1fa18d4801c08885edfde.jpeg                                                                                                                                                                                  In the Install the app documentation it says: "Open the app and view the list of permissions that Kaspersky app needs. If you agree to grant the app these permissions, go to device's Settings, find Kaspersky app and allow the app access to manage all files. If you refuse to grant the app required permissions, uninstall the app."
  3. We're not sure what's meant by KMS forum, IF (you're) using the new Kaspersky software, in Google Play Store, the Kaspersky app is called: Kaspersky Antivirus & VPN, when it's installed - it reflects the subscription the user has - in our case, Kaspersky Plus; (you've) raised the topic in Kaspersky Total Security - so - we're *assuming* you have a KTS subscription, that being the case, the software that is installed for Android is still Kaspersky Antivirus & VPN & (your) app, once installed, may be called: Kaspersky Standard OR Kaspersky Internet Security - it depends on (your) subscription:                                                  image.thumb.jpeg.c433f68ec641266c52dcbcdbce9c7014.jpeg  image.thumb.jpeg.922bcb039beb207b0480bcb93efadc0f.jpeg          
  4. After the install is done (you) may see a screen with many alerts, indicating more permissions that should be granted for the app to work - we have not screen printed them, there's too many, this is just to alert (you) to additional requirements: Add Kaspersky to battery saving exclusions, should be enabled & Turn on Safe browsing has *two* features that require configuring:                                                                                                                   image.thumb.jpeg.719988a048462d3618410973ff6da4f1.jpeg

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource:

Full library: About Kaspersky app for Android

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Image formatting is OFF ?

Thanks Flood and wife.

I got around to doing some testing.

It looks like if you install the mobile security app within 'Secure Folder', only the contents within 'Secure Folder' are scanned irregardless of how you install the the mobile security app within it.

The reverse applies if you install the mobile security app outside of 'Secure Folder'.  In otherwords, only the contents outside of 'Secure Folder' are scanned and protected.  

I highly doubt any other mobile security app currently available can get around this limitation.