Install Kaspersky Protection Firefox extension to increase your level of protection. Make sure you trust the extension before you install it [Closed]

wgcuser
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

After a Full Scan using KIS 20.0.14.1085(h) I received the following:- Recommendation "Using Mozilla FireFox? Install Kaspersky Protection extension to increase your level of protection".

However.. clicking the link to install the extension, the following 'warning' appeared,  "This extension isn’t monitored by Mozilla. Make sure you trust the extension before you install it"

My question is:-
Do I ignore the Recommendation?
 or
The 'warning' from Mozilla?

I'm using FireFox 72.0.2 (32-bit) All aspects of KIS including Safe Money appear to be functioning correctly i.e. green frame.

Hello @wgcuser,

Welcome!

1. May we know your operating system version & build?
  2. Which browser is set as system default browser? 
  3. KIS, select More Tools, select Reports, select Detailed Reports, select All Events, select 24hrs, select Export, export the report, save as a text (*.txt) file, 📎 attach📎  to your reply?

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resources

Installing the Kaspersky Protection extension in Chromium-based Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome

This extension isn’t monitored by Mozilla. Make sure you trust the extension before you install it for Firefox

• Solution

Hello @wgcuser,

You’re very welcome!
Thank you for replying & the report👌

There’s an element of choice involved, Mozilla, like Google and MS, have available thousands of extensions… 

The “warning” from Mozilla is “generic”, Mozilla Add-ons Product Manager (Jorge Villalobos) explains it better than me:

quote:

The “This extension isn’t monitored by Mozilla” notification is currently part of a test, so not all users are seeing it. It’s not a permanent part of AMO yet. We want to gauge the reaction users have to it and decide if it should be kept, modified, or dropped.

Having said that, the message is accurate. Most extensions on the site aren’t being regularly code-reviewed, so we can’t guarantee their safety. We believe this is something users should understand. That a developer has been contributing for X years, has positive reviews, or has provided ID to us is not enough to assess safety (though it helps). We’ve had incidents in the past with long-standing add-ons and “reputable” developers. Additionally, having the ability to ban after the fact doesn’t help users who have already been impacted by a bad add-on.

We’re trying to draw a line between add-ons that are being closely monitored and those that aren’t. At the moment that’s limited to a small set of Recommended extensions, but that can change in the future depending on the success of the program.”

unquote

➡ On the other side of the coin, you’re using KIS to protect the entire system, including browser(s), you may choose not to use the Kaspersky protection extension, but (imo) it’s designed to add to the security & protection Kaspersky offers. I’d recommend, install it, you’re safer with KIS protection extension than without.

I see you have patch h👏 It’s good to see the long awaited patch is finally arriving☺

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@FLOOD 

Thanks for this, I’ll go for the Kaspersky side of the coin!

I’m currently using Mrswgcuser’s laptop (win 7  KIS 20.0.14.1085 (G) and FireFox 72.0.2 (32-bit) - I note that the KL extension is present - but disabled ) I’ll try switching it on later.

“ Kaspersky Protection (disabled)

Your protection on the Internet with extension from Kaspersky Lab”

BR

Hello @wgcuser

You’re very welcome👍

Regarding “coin”, thought you might😉

• If you run into strife with the extension, let me know please?

Also, on the subject of Kaspersky “extensions”, just to keep us all on our t🐾 es, Kaspersky Password Manager extension, for Microsoft EDGE Chromium browser, is installed from Google Chrome Web Store.

Additionally, Kaspersky have advised: the Kaspersky Protection extension & Microsoft EDGE Chromium browser are supported by patch H, in case you wish to check it out🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 months later...