Input Director blocked when accessing printer (insecure web resource)

Sevn

I’m having some trouble with Input Director, Kaspersky, and a network printer.

Setup:
I run dual PC’s at home, one for work, one for play.  The gaming rig provides keyboard/mouse via Input Director to the work computer.  Both are running Kaspersky Total Security 21.3.10.391 and both have are wired to the network (not wifi).

The problem:
From the work computer, I provide tech support for a simulation center. A client reported a problem with a network printer.  To access the printer’s interface/settings, I activate a VPN to the campus, then attempt to access the printer via it’s IP address (using MS Edge, latest version). I am greeted with a Kaspersky page warning me that the printer is an untrustworthy site due to self-signed certificate.  When I click “I understand the risks and wish to continue”, Input director is locked out of my work computer (my keyboard and mouse no longer work) and I am presented with a confirmation screen which can only be clicked on if I dig out my wireless mouse and connect it to the work computer to click on the dialogue box.

What I’ve tried:
I’ve found the article stating that all 3 Input Director entries (2 executables and 1 service) should have the exclusion “Allow interaction with the Kaspersky Total Security interface” enabled and I have done so.  (The three are: Input Director Session Helper, Input Director, and Input Director Windows Service).  I can interact with all parts of the Kaspersky app via Input Director… except the dialogue box mentioned above.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your prompt reply, Berny, but this does not address my issue at all.  I don’t want to add exclusions to Kaspersky, I want Kaspersky to stop freezing my software KVM when there is a dialogue box.

@Berny - Remember, this is a network printer and I’m attempting to connect to it via direct IP from the same subnet. I had to get a 2nd keyboard for this since Input Director (ID icon on the taskbar) is locked out while this box is on the screen.  This dialogue box appears after I click “wish to continue”.

@Berny - I fear you’re veering back into Kaspersky vs printer when I must reiterate that I’m looking for Kaspersky to stop intervening with my software KVM, Input Director without disabling large portions of the protection that Kaspersky offers.