Initial Impressions of MR5. Few things...

Done a clean install on the laptop with the UK installer.

I haven’t signed in to MyKaspersky, so that gets around that whole Email visible on the left side of the screen and the checking of password breaches.

I have when I've booted the Laptop up, the Kaspersky symbol sits in the tray and then disappears, won’t open until I've rebooted. (Although saying that, upon reboot it now has patch b. So that may have been the reason why - I'll keep an eye on this.)

Hello @Jbennett360

• Thank you for the progress report👌
  • Regarding “the Kaspersky symbol sits in the tray and then disappears, won’t open until device rebooted, after reboot, patch(b) has been applied”; that’s quite normal, for a patch to be applied the computer must be rebooted. 

In the MyKaspersky account, there’s the option to select Ignore for the signed in email address,

, {our command is still queued as the device is currently offline}; we don’t know if the command overrides the 24 hr cycle or not, you may wish to check it out?

Thank you🙏, 

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello @Jbennett360

• Thank you for the progress report👌
  • Regarding “the Kaspersky symbol sits in the tray and then disappears, won’t open until device rebooted, after reboot, patch(b) has been applied”; that’s quite normal, for a patch to be applied the computer must be rebooted. 

In the MyKaspersky account, there’s the option to select Ignore for the signed in email address,

, {our command is still queued as the device is currently offline}; we don’t know if the command overrides the 24 hr cycle or not, you may wish to check it out?

Thank you🙏, 

Flood🐳+🐋

That’s good to know :)

Will keep an eye on that system tray icon. I’ll try a few cold boots, restarts etc. I think it maybe was down to the patch being applied. It was there, then it wasn’t. Then trying to open the application did nothing. Restart and everything seemed fine.

Will report back once I've tested a few more times.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just found this thread regarding the new models of Kaspersky. If everything I am reading stays unchanged in the final version that is released in the US, I have some serious concerns. First is the inability to turn off certain features. That has always been one of the things I admired about Kaspersky.  The idea of showing one's email address on the screen makes no sense at all. Perhaps one of the worst ideas is going to a subscription-based model.  I understand from a business point of view, this helps with cash flow. However, from a consumer standpoint as one person has already pointed out, it is a bad idea. I hope from the input I have read here, that Kaspersky will reconsider these steps. If not, I feel I will have to recommend to my customers and clients that they remove Kaspersky and look elsewhere for their security needs. Please Kaspersky….reconsider these steps.