Info about Kaspersky Internet Security

Needinfo

Hi !

I have been a McAfee user for over 15 years.

I'm looking for a new avtivirus and VPN solution when my subscription is over in Feburary 2024.

• Could you please tell me if you are satisfied with Kaspersky ? 
  • Do you get many notifications from the software ?
  • Is the customer support efficient?

Edited by Berny

1 hour ago, Needinfo said:

I'm looking for a new avtivirus and VPN solution when my subscription is over in Feburary 2024.

• Could you please tell me if you are satisfied with Kaspersky ? 
  • Do you get many notifications from the software ?
  • Is the customer support efficient?

Hello @Needinfo

Welcome!

1. Some people are died-in-the-wool-devoted-&-passionate Kaspersky fans, others are people who complain bitterly about Kaspersky but continue to use the product - different strokes for different folks - the *best* thing you can do is install a trial version of Kaspersky's *new* generation software & test it yourself - make an informed decision, before you spend any $.
  2. All versions of Kaspersky have configurable options to manage notifications, that doesn't mean that sometimes some users don't complain about notifications. 
  3. KIS is from Kaspersky's old generation of software, it will eventually reach end-of-life, Kaspersky has not announced an end date - KIS has been replaced by Kaspersky Standard, there's also Kaspersky Plus & Kaspersky Premium, read:  Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.   & Standard, Plus, Premium: Comparison of subscription plans.
  4. Regarding Kaspersky's VPN, Kaspersky Plus & Kaspersky Premium both come with Unlimited VPN for the *Subscriber account* only - all other User accounts on the Subscription get Kaspersky Standard/Free VPN. 
  5. Regarding the Kaspersky Standard, Kaspersky Plus & Kaspersky Premium subscription(s), IF purchased from a Kaspersky website OR via (your) MyKaspersky account, there is no Activation code, instead there's a License code - the License code is sent directly to (your) MyKaspersky account when the Subscription payment is made & the Subscription *activates* on the payment date, not the software install date.  

Any questions, please post back?
Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Needinfo

From more of a normal user side, a question you maybe didn't consider, is the processes and amount of RAM Plus (in my case) uses. My specs as well.

myspecs.jpg.552badddc57e1b916d63e6108efea216.jpg

kaspprocesses.jpg.bba4f4a5b63621544e248f594b79e17c.jpg

The nice feature that came out recently, is the search box at the top of the UI, which can really be helpful. Also, you can enable full-screen mode to see and scroll the multiple options better. Some of the Preformance options I disabled from running in the background, and will run those on demand when desired. I also disabled the Background scan in the Security/Choose Scan/ options.

I use another VPN, but Kaspersky's seemed pretty nice from when I did use it. Plus on Android has been performing very well on my device, with no battery drain or issues.

Otherwise, there are quite a few notifications you can disable to quiet it down. Go to the gear icon on the bottom left of the main UI/Interface settings and scroll down to Notifications and below it.

The best thing you can do as @Flood and Flood's wife mentioned, is to run a trial of it and see how you like it. Kaspersky does uninstall pretty cleanly as well.

Edited by jonny quest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi all!

Thanks all for your comments 🙂

I am mostly leaving Mcafee because i get too many advertising pop ups for additional products and I can't stand to be disturbed all the time.

Thanks @Flood for your detailed information : its perfect if we can setup notifications.

I disable all notifications on my smartphone or computer as I use IT as a tool to help me not to be a slave to constant notifications.

Given the quality of the support on this forum I will migrate to kaspersky soon 🙂

Have a nice day !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1