In scan scheduling, what's a "weekday" and what's a "weekend?"

Bert

In the scan scheduling settings there is an "Every Weekday" and an "Every Weekend" option. Which days are considered "weekdays" and which are "weekends?" Since US "weekends" cover two days, does an "every weekend" scan run on both? I'm currently using two scheduled Windows tasks to perform these scans through KAV's command line interface, which allows me to select the specific days on which each task runs. This works fine, but being able to use the built-in task scheduler might be a simpler option if it's flexible enough. By the way, the command line interface is a really, really nice feature!

Never mind.. After testing, I realize that I can't use the scheduled scans because they're run from an "AVP.EXE" process. Since there's always an AVP.EXE process running even when no scan is active, I have no way to programmatically detect when the scan has finished. Scans run from the command line interface run under an "AVP.COM" process. That process is only present while the scan is running, and I have a simple program which can watch that process and wait until it's gone to then allow my nightly backup to proceed. Like I said in my initial post to this thread, the command line interface is a really, really nice feature!

• 9 months later...