Import vault failed from backup

akiraexe

Due to a typing error I've entered wrongly the master password for instead the password manager ask to create a new master password. By the way KPM create a new vault and make a backup and block the last vault. Fortunately I've found the correct password but when I tried to import the encrypted vault but KPM says that cannot be imported because is from a older version and fail. Do you know a workaround or download a fully version of a older version?

Due to a typing error I've entered wrongly the master password .' The password manager ask to create a new master password. By the way KPM create a new vault and make a backup and block the last vault. Fortunately I've found the correct password but when I tried to import the encrypted vault, KPM says that cannot be imported because is from a older version and fail. Do you know a workaround or download a fully version of a older version?
Hello akiraexe, Welcome!
  1. What version of KPM did you have before the issue happened?
  2. If you found the correct password AND signed in, why do you need to import?
  3. Is the original data missing?
  4. Have you signed into your MyKaspersky account, checked the KPM data, is all the data correct?
Please post back? Thank you:pray_tone3:

Hello akiraexe, Welcome!
  1. What version of KPM did you have before the issue happened?
  2. If you found the correct password AND signed in, why do you need to import?
  3. Is the original data missing?
  4. Have you signed into your MyKaspersky account, checked the KPM data, is all the data correct?
Please post back? Thank you:pray_tone3:
Hi FLOOD, Thanks for the reply. I will answer every point in detail:
  1. I don't know exactly but I left my machine powered off by a month but is always up to date, especially because my account is synchronized with my smartphone thus must be an early release of version 9.0 or latest 8.0 of the release version.
  2. No, I found my correct password until AFTER changing master password requested by KPM AFTER many failed attempts to login with my ORIGINAL master password.
  3. Yes and not, accordingly with technical support there are 422 current files synchronized to my account but in My Kaspersky all my data was lost. The unique copy is the automatically generated *.edb file after the mentioned step in number 2 above.
  4. The same in the above explanation, all my data was lost, nothing in KPM or My Kaspersky..
Thanks in advance. Regards.

Hello akiraexe, You're very welcome! Thank you for posting & the extra information, sorry for the delay, in the process of investigating I deleted my KPM:tired_face: (1) KPM v9 has been out since May 2019, unless the computer has been off since May, you don't need the previous version (from memory it was v5). (2) Re "TS can see there are 422 files", that's GOOD, bc, the data is somewhere! (3) Did TS advise you how to "extract" the 422 files? (3a) IF "yes", what did they tell you to do? (4) A month ago, did you have a KPM backup & or export of all KPM data? (5) Look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager x What is the date of the OLDEST file/folder (6) Look in C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Kaspersky Lab What is the date of the OLDEST KPM file/folder? (7) Look in C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager x What is the date of the OLDEST file/folder (Note x = whatever version of KPM you have) --- When you say, "My account is synchronized with my smartphone", is KPM installed on an android, and a PC or just an android? If it's android ONLY, don't worry about 5. 6. 7, instead, IF you only have an android device, from GooglePlayStore, find APK Info application, install, REBOOT, FULL POWER OFF, restart android, start APK, in the top right hand corner, select 3 vertical dots, select Export, select email or save to drive (your choice), upload or email the report to yourself, it's a text file. Search the file with search criteria Kaspersky
  1. Let me know what you find please?
Re APK, it's very safe, doesn't require root permissions or anything suss. Please post back? Thank you!

Hello akiraexe, You're very welcome! Thank you for posting & the extra information, sorry for the delay, in the process of investigating I deleted my KPM:tired_face: (1) KPM v9 has been out since May 2019, unless the computer has been off since May, you don't need the previous version (from memory it was v5). (2) Re "TS can see there are 422 files", that's GOOD, bc, the data is somewhere! (3) Did TS advise you how to "extract" the 422 files? (3a) IF "yes", what did they tell you to do? (4) A month ago, did you have a KPM backup & or export of all KPM data? (5) Look in C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager x What is the date of the OLDEST file/folder (6) Look in C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Kaspersky Lab What is the date of the OLDEST KPM file/folder? (7) Look in C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager x What is the date of the OLDEST file/folder (Note x = whatever version of KPM you have) --- When you say, "My account is synchronized with my smartphone", is KPM installed on an android, and a PC or just an android? If it's android ONLY, don't worry about 5. 6. 7, instead, IF you only have an android device, from GooglePlayStore, find APK Info application, install, REBOOT, FULL POWER OFF, restart android, start APK, in the top right hand corner, select 3 vertical dots, select Export, select email or save to drive (your choice), upload or email the report to yourself, it's a text file. Search the file with search criteria Kaspersky
Re APK, it's very safe, doesn't require root permissions or anything suss. Please post back? Thank you!
Hello FLOOD Thanks for replying, I will answer to your questions in the same order:
  1. Yes must be that, thus would be any flavor of version 9 since the date that has been powered off..
  2. Yes TS told me that there is that amount. But they don't tell me where I can find'em
  3. They send me a link with the procedure but was a waste of time because its nothing has to do with my issue or at least with the procedure.
  4. Short answer, disable and re enable sync. That's all.
  5. No
  6. Short answer, I've formatted my machine. I have a backup in a fresh installation of Windows created by the KPM that I have explained what happened in the first and second post.
Due my app is syncing with my KPM account when I tried to recover my data, the syn wiped out all data at the next time that I've opened the KPM Android app. Thanks in advance, Regards.

Hello FLOOD Thanks for replying, I will answer to your questions in the same order:
  1. Yes must be that, thus would be any flavor of version 9 since the date that has been powered off..
  2. Yes TS told me that there is that amount. But they don't tell me where I can find'em
  3. They send me a link with the procedure but was a waste of time because its nothing has to do with my issue or at least with the procedure.
  4. Short answer, disable and re enable sync. That's all.
  5. No
  6. Short answer, I've formatted my machine. I have a backup in a fresh installation of Windows created by the KPM that I have explained what happened in the first and second post.
Due my app is syncing with my KPM account when I tried to recover my data, the syn wiped out all data at the next time that I've opened the KPM Android app.
Hello akiraexe Thank you for replying.
  1. First, please send me all TS communications with you, including the INC #?.
  2. When you communicate with TS is it by phone, online chat, email or via your MyKaspersky account?
Now, let's deal with the very concerning (TS) information.
  1. "TS can see 422 files. They haven't told me where/how I can find the files. They sent a link & procedures that are not relevant."
  2. Go back to TS:
  1. (2a) Tell TS: The procedures & the link, aren't relevant & do not work.
  2. (2b) Ask TS: Where EXACTLY are the 422 files?
  3. (2c) Ask TS: How can you(TS) see the number of files?
  4. (2d) Ask TS: How do I restore & or access the 422 files?
  1. Please let me know TS answers to 2a, 2b, 2c & 2d?
Remember, you've paid a premium subscription. Your $$$ are contributing to pay TS wages (to have jobs). It's TS's job to tell you & to help you! That's what they are paid to do! Please post back? Thank you.

Hello akiraexe Thank you for replying.
  1. First, please send me all TS communications with you, including the INC #?.
  2. When you communicate with TS is it by phone, online chat, email or via your MyKaspersky account?
Now, let's deal with the very concerning (TS) information.
  1. " TS can see 422 files. They haven't told me where/how I can find the files. They sent a link & procedures that are not relevant."
  2. Go back to TS:
  1. (2a) Tell TS: The procedures & the link, aren't relevant & do not work.
  2. (2b) Ask TS: Where EXACTLY are the 422 files?
  3. (2c) Ask TS: How can you(TS) see the number of files?
  4. (2d) Ask TS: How do I restore & or access the 422 files?
  5. Please let me know TS answers to 2a, 2b, 2c & 2d?
Remember, you've paid a premium subscription. Your $$$ are contributing to pay TS wages (to have jobs). It's TS's job to tell you & to help you! That's what they are paid to do! Please post back? Thank you.
Hello FLOOD Thanks for replying. I will relate you my email conversation with TS, listing chronologically how they start to answer every question:
  1. The first mail ask the steps to collect the system information. Kaspersky - Soporte INC000010772991 - 1
  2. The second mail assume that I don't know how cloud services I guess, less a possibility to remember or attempt to recover the old password or something else. Kaspersky - Resolución de incidente INC000010772991 - 2
  3. The third mail says foremost that you have mentioned about recovery through My Kaspersky plus that there is 422 synced files, TS doesn't mention where are them or at least how to recover. Kaspersky - Soporte INC000010772991 - 3
  4. The fourth mail, well they described which is the procedure step by step, TS send me a link. I follow the steps and doesn't work. I didn't find how or where to locate how to recover those of the 422 files that they have mentioned.
With that ended my follow up chat with TS. Regards, Mod edit: I deleted the attachment that contains your email address.

Hello akiraexe, *A* Create a system restore point** *B*Create a sysimage*** (1) Please post an image of "KPM says that cannot be imported because is from a older version" error? (2) Re "unique copy is the automatically generated *.edb file"
  1. Please clarify "UNIQUE COPY" ?
  2. Do you mean the original KPM vault or the replacement KPM vault ?
(3) Is the KPM (original) software installed on a windows pc?
  1. IF "yes", start PC in SafeMode, go to:
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager - you should see
  1. (on a detachable drive, that can be secured with encryption): make a copy of C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager.
  2. Take a screen image of C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Password Manager.
  3. At this stage, don't try to sync anything.
Please post back? Thank you.