Images in some websites are not visible

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

In some websites (houses for rent listing websites for example), the images are not loading and the kaspersky extension doesn’t show any options (example in screenshots). The issue exists in both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers. Would appreciate any insight or assistance with how to solve this. Thank you!

Hello @KasperskyUser21

Welcome!

In your image, added below as image 1, it requires Reload, has that been done? 

Our results → images 5 & 6, using Kaspersky software v21.2.16.590(b), Kaspersky Protection extension (for Chrome & Edge) - v1.3.8.0

Kaspersky version & patch(x)

Chrome/Kaspersky Protection extension

Edge/Kaspersky Protection extension

1. Does the Reload issue exist for both browsers? 
  2. Has the image problem always existed? 
  3. How long has KIS been installed?
  4. Tell us the KIS version, patch & Kaspersky extension version information please? 
  5. What other extensions are installed & enabled, in both browsers? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Resources:

How to install the extension in Google Chrome

How to install the extension in Edge based on Chromium

How to enable the Kaspersky Protection extension in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge based on Chromium

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife ,

Thank you so much for replying.

In your image, added below as image 1, it requires Reload, has that been done?

Yes, I tried that several times, but it just shows up again without any change.

I have attached the extension details for chrome (screenshot). 

For microsoft edge, there is not kaspersky extension at all (I tried to look in chrome webstore based on the resources that you provided and actually didn’t see an option, attached screenshot).

Has the image problem always existed? 

How long has KIS been installed?

The image problem started when I installed Kaspersky. I installed Kaspersky about one month ago (25 Nov 2020). 

Tell us the KIS version, patch & Kaspersky extension version information please? 

KIS v21.2.16.590(no patch)  Chrome extension v1.3.8.0

What other extensions are installed & enabled, in both browsers? 

There are no extensions installed in edge. The following in Chrome, other than Kaspersky (also attached screenshot):

1. Google Docs Offline
  2. Grammarly for Chrome
  3. Honey
  4. Turn Off the Lights
  5. uBlock Origin

I see that the images are showing up for you. I can also see that you are not getting the reload issue. 

For me, the images don’t load only in the websites where the reload issue shows up (a few websites only, as far as I use).

What I can use as a workaround is copying the image address and pasting it in a new tab, where the kaspersky “ Visiting an untrustworthy website has been prevented “ page shows up (also in edge) and I can go into the “I understand the risks and wish to proceed to the website” and open the image. 

Of course, this is quite frustrating to do and not feasible every time. 

Any help with this issue is much appreciated. Thank you again!

Hello @KasperskyUser21,

You’re most welcome☺ !

KIS v21.2.16.590 is up to patch(b) for almost all locations across the globe; absolutely up to patch(a) worldwide.

In Chrome, the Kaspersky Protection extension - persistent “Reload” issue & no Kaspersky Protection extension is Edge Chromium, indicates there is something amiss with the install. 

The “workaround” is not workable solution, as you state correctly, also , encountering the “Visiting an untrustworthy website has been prevented, I understand the risks and wish to proceed to the website” issue, again, not acceptable, you should not be encountering such issues. 

Please do the following:

1. Create a System restore point
  2. In Google Chrome, remove the Kaspersky Protection extension (KPE).
  3. Check whether any applications installed on your computer are incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security ? 
  4. Uninstall KIS - save License information only, do not select any other checkboxes, at the completion of the uninstall, make sure the computer is shutdown, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login:
  5. Download a new installer
  6. Install KIS, at the completion of the install, make sure the computer is shutdown, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login:
  7. Make sure KIS is started, do not start any browsers atm
  8. Run a manual Database update, allow it to complete, shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login:
  9. Recheck the patch, it should be patch(a), note, you may need to repeat the shutdown steps several times to apply the patch. If Patch(b), does not apply, do not worry, as long as patch(a) applies at this stage, that will be fine. 
  10. Open Chrome, the KPE should automatically prompt you to accept & enable.
  11. Open Edge Chromium, the KPE should automatically prompt you to accept & enable; if KPE does not, make sure “Allow extensions from other stores” is ONin the Edge Chromium browser, go to:
  • edge://extensions/?id=ahkjpbeeocnddjkakilopmfdlnjdpcdm, install KPE

Recheck the images issue?

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I implemented the steps that you suggested, and I now have patch (b)! Thank you for this :).

And I have installed the Kaspersky extension in edge, using the steps that you suggested, but it is just grey and I get an image showing a shield-x-screen? 

On the other hand, the image issue still persists exactly the same as before..

Any further help would be appreciated. Thank you again! 

Hello @KasperskyUser21

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the update; however, it’s disappointing the issue persists, please do the following:

1. Create a System restore point
  2. Go to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local (USER = your name) → copy MicrosoftEdge folder to your desktop. 
  3. Reset MS Edge Chromium → edge://settings/reset
  4. Uninstall MS Edge Chromium
  5. Open KIS, select Settings⚙ , select Manage Settings, select Export - save the KIS config file, select Restore → complete the process by accepting the Confirmation prompt.
  6. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login
  7. Make sure KIS is active. 
  8. Download Microsoft Edge Chromium, install the browser - do not check the image issue or Extension issue atm.
  9. Run a manual KIS database update
  10. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login
  11. Make sure KIS is started. 
  12. Start Edge Chromium browser, check the Kaspersky Protection extension is installed, if not follow our previous directions. 
  13. Recheck image issue? 

Please let us know the outcome?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Okay I did the steps you suggested and the Kaspersky extension is green and working for edge now. Thanks again!

The images issue still persists (also in New InPrivate window and toggling the (KIS) Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages and (KIS) Do not scan encrypted connections is unchecked.

New find

I uninstalled KIS and checked the images issue. And it still persists! Only now it is the "Your connection is not private. Certificate expired" error. This leads me to believe that actually KIS may not be causing this issue at all ?.

Please let me know if you have any further suggestions for me. 

Thank you for your help until now!

• Solution

Hello @KasperskyUser21

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for updating us👌

It’s wonderful to read the Edge, Kaspersky protection extension issue is resolved, that’s progress, good work👏

• ❓ When you say, you “uninstalled KIS and the image issues persist, only now it is the "Your connection is not private. Certificate expired" error, with KIS uninstalled, which application is generating the error? 
  • ❓  Please post full screen images of all Your connection is not private. Certificate expired" error, including the Certificate details ?
  • ❓ May we have the other site names/URLs where the image issue persists, we’d like to test to make sure we haven’t missed anything please? 
  • Our apologies😥 ​​​​​​​, however, we can see we’ve made an error with one of our steps: (KIS) Do not scan encrypted connections, should be is checked, please kindly redo this step & tell us the result? 
  • Also, as unchecking (KIS) Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages did not change the outcome of the images issue, please make sure this option is checked

​​​​​​​🅰  Please also do the following:

1. Confirm Windows updates all have a successfully applied status?
  2. Create a System restore point
  3. Change to Safe mode
  4. Go to: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp  (USER = your name) → delete the contents of the Temp folder 
  5. Go to: C:\Windows\Temp →  delete the contents of the Temp folder 
  6. Return to normal mode

🅱 ​​​​​​​We’ll also ask you to please log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, follow the template at the end of our reply, please include: 

1.  A detailed history, what caused the problem?
  2. Did you try to solve the problem? How?
  3. Text from an error message? Screen shots? Video?
  4. Community topic URL?
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Thank you for the reply.

It worked!

Please also do the following:

1. Confirm Windows updates all have a successfully applied status?
  2. Create a System restore point
  3. Change to Safe mode
  4. Go to: C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp  (USER = your name) → delete the contents of the Temp folder 
  5. Go to: C:\Windows\Temp →  delete the contents of the Temp folder 
  6. Return to normal mode

I followed the above steps, and it worked! I can see the images in all the websites where this problem existed (in chrome and edge). The Kaspersky extension is active with both chrome and edge with problems. Attached screenshot :).

Chrome on the left and Edge on the right half of the image

My KIS settings are now as follows:

1. Encrypted Connection Scanning: Scan encryption connections upon request from protection components.
  1. Traffic Processing: Inject script into web traffic to interact with web pages is checked.

Thank you very much for helping me out. Very grateful!