If the computer is infected with a virus, Safe Money will protect the transaction?

celsurf

I realized Safe Money is a powerful tool to protect financial transactions.

It seems that Safe Money can’t be ‘read’ by other processes on the computer according to Process Explorer.  This leads me to believe that even if the computer is infected with a virus, Safe Money will protect the transaction.  Thoughts ?

Another point, what happens if I continue to surf in the Safe Money browser ? Do I get an added layer of protection? ie. What if I surf and go to a website that is infected with a virus while using Safe Money ?  I get the impression that the virus will not download to the computer by doing this !

Hello @celsurf

Welcome back!

1. Not necessarily, depends on the infection, if there’s a problem, please submit a case to Kaspersky Technical Support. 
  2. Online Banking with Safe Money Technology, however, due to the Protected browser being a powerful tool, using it may limit the use of other software, that being said, if you wish to use the Protected browser 100% of the time, do so. 
  3. Re “ what if I go to a website that is infected with a virus? ”, Kaspersky is designed to protect you, with or without Safe browser, if you find you’ve been infected, please submit a case to Kaspersky Technical Support. 
  4. Advice, responding to broad sweeping generalizations, cannot be provided.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Additional resources:

Protecting your money online with Safe Money technology

Host-based Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS)

Thanks for the reply

The thread was marked for conversation. 

1. No problem.
  2. Thanks for the link. I haven’t seen any downsides… yet.
  3. No infection. Just wanted to generate conversation on if using Safe Money 100% of the time added another layer of protection in addition to the ones already there.
  4. Point was raised for conversation.

Create new topic - Conversation was selected.

Originally, my post was named ‘Safe Money - Protection’

One of the moderators must have modified it.

I’m kind of surprised there wasn’t any further discussion on it from additional members on this board. I think its a great tool !  

Hi @celsurf , 

It seems that Safe Money can’t be ‘read’ by other processes on the computer according to Process Explorer.  This leads me to believe that even if the computer is infected with a virus, Safe Money will protect the transaction.  Thoughts ?

Protected Browser will protect the data as it is started in an isolated environment to prevent other applications from injecting their code into the process of Protected Browser. This creates additional layer of protection, definitely, but does not replace the other functions of the product, such as File Anti-Virus, System Watcher, Application Control, etc. 

Another point, what happens if I continue to surf in the Safe Money browser ? Do I get an added layer of protection? ie. What if I surf and go to a website that is infected with a virus while using Safe Money ?  I get the impression that the virus will not download to the computer by doing this !

To intercept viruses on infected web pages you need Web Anti-Virus.

Hello @Igor Kurzin,

Specific to the “Create new topic - Conversation was selected” reply by @celsurf,

A Conversation topic shows no icon:

Question has ❓

Idea has 💡

It would be most helpful if Conversation had ?, or a similar icon, atm there’s nothing to show a Conversation topic has been raised

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋