I keep getting an Unable to connect to My Kaspersky message (Kaspersky Security Cloud Free)

JW01

I keep getting an Unable to connect to My Kaspersky message.

Is it possible to use My Kaspersky with Security Cloud Free?

If so, how do I do it? There does not seem to be the option.

If not, I don’t need the message, so how do I stop it?

Security Cloud Free works with My Kaspersky. Are you using a VPN? I’ve seen issues if trying to connect through a VPN. It’s also possible there may be an issue with the servers in your location. I use the free version and have just checked and was able to connect, although it was a bit slow.

Your protection is still fully functional. If you click Active in the lower right hand corner of the app you can confirm your subscription is active. You can also click on Database Update to confirm if your software is connecting to Kaspersky’s database.

To save others asking later can you say which version of Security Cloud you’re using and which operating system? To see your Kaspersky version hover your mouse over the Kaspersky icon in the taskbar and note the full number shown (21. etc.) including the letter in brackets at the (end).

Many thanks for your detailed reply. 

I do use a VPN.

I followed your instructions with VPN off and it confirmed that my subscription was active and that my database had been updated 2 hours ago.

I’ll have to check if it’s only when I use the VPN that I get the error message. (It’s actually a notification saying Error connecting to My Kaspersky).  One thing that confused me was that Kaspersky Help shows a window reached from More Tools which shows an entry for My Kaspersky  but mine doesn’t.

I am using Windows 10 and my Kaspersky version is 21.2.16.590(b).

Once again, many thanks.

You can go straight to the My Kaspersky site here: My Kaspersky | Welcome

If it’s able to communicate with your software it will do so the moment you log in.

If you still can’t connect, reply back and hopefully someone from Kaspersky can chip in with a further suggestion. As mentioned your protection is unaffected, so don’t worry about that. 

In case it’s asked, which version of Windows 10? E.g. Windows 10 Pro 20H2 etc.

Hello @JW01

Thank you for posting back👌 

• If a connection is not made to the MyKaspersky account → if the Free subscription is not validated, KSCF will not be fully functional. 
  1. Has KSCF just been installed? 
  2. Has KSCF ever been installed previously? 
  3. Please post a full screen image of the KSCF main application window please? 
  4. When you’re logged into (your) MyKaspersky account → via a browser, & you look at the Devices tab, do you see your Computer, with KSCF application - please post a full screen image → hide any personal information please? 
  5. Before KSCF was installed, was an Applications incompatible with KSCF check done? 
  6. Has the computer been fully shutdown, using Shutdown, not Restart recently? 
  7. If “no”, please do so, power on, login, start KSCF, from the app, select MyKaspersky, sign in please? If you still cannot sign in, please post back with full screen images of everything you see? 
  8. KSCF is unavailable in some locations - may we know which region/county you’re in please?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

How to activate KSC Free

Kaspersky Security Cloud FREE, Personal, Premium, package comparison