I can't update for patch J [Solved][Closed]

Go to solution Solved by nexon,

Did I understand the opening poster correctly that they are still on Patch h?  If so, I just wanted to say that I have recently installed KIS 2020 and it would not update past Patch h as well.  I would have thought that it should update to Patch i, as it was released in February, as Anya mentioned.

I have opened a ticket with Technical Support, so we shall see what they come up with.

@DannyDiamond  Hi, and welcome. Patch i is installed on most devices you should have this patch also. And also it depend on region. Where are you from?
And KIS 2020 was installed how? Over older version or clean install?
Also look for detailed reports > update reports (if there is any error) or update working or not.

Hi nexon, thanks for the help. 

I’m from Canada.  It was a clean install of KIS 2020, and just previously to install, I had refreshed my copy of Windows 10 using the media creation tool.

I looked in detailed reports > update reports but didn’t see any error messages.  The databases seem to be updating OK.

I’ve sent a GSI report to technical support yesterday, so I’m just waiting for them to get back to me.

Hello @DannyDiamond

If New application versions is enabled & Gaming mode is not enabled, the “silent” patch updates  should arrive. 

The trick is “knowing” when a patch has arrived, so the computer can be rebooted, to apply the patch, as it stands, Kaspersky distributes the patches silently, then waits to see if you or anyone else will reboot their computer, Kaspersky waits for 7 days, if at the end of 7 days the computer has not been rebooted, Kaspersky shares the following:

MyKaspersky account, Devices Tab, Computer reboot advisory

MyKaspersky account, Notification center, Computer reboot advisory

Kaspersky application, Notification center, reboot advisory 

Kaspersky application icon, turns red 

😖

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi @FLOOD, I have just disabled gaming mode and have made sure that I have the option selected for “download and install new versions automatically”.  I’ll see if that does the trick.

I just wanted to thank you and @nexon for the help.  Right now, I’ve got to get a move on and get some things done around the house.  If I don’t have any luck solving the issue either by enacting your guidance or the guidance of technical support, I will be back asking you and @nexon for help.

Best Regards,

DannyDiamond

Did I understand the opening poster correctly that they are still on Patch h?  If so, I just wanted to say that I have recently installed KIS 2020 and it would not update past Patch h as well.  I would have thought that it should update to Patch i, as it was released in February, as Anya mentioned.

I have opened a ticket with Technical Support, so we shall see what they come up with.

I have the same problem. I don’t understand why i’m still stuck with patch H if they already released patch i and j! At least i should have received patch i. As i said, i’m looking for patch J because it adds compatibility with Edge - the browser i use. 

Hi nexon, thanks for the help. 

I’m from Canada.  It was a clean install of KIS 2020, and just previously to install, I had refreshed my copy of Windows 10 using the media creation tool.

I looked in detailed reports > update reports but didn’t see any error messages.  The databases seem to be updating OK.

I’ve sent a GSI report to technical support yesterday, so I’m just waiting for them to get back to me.

I just made a fresh install too. I installed KIS 2 days ago from the scratch . And i’m still with patch H. I just made the changes @FLOOD  suggested but nothing happened yet. BTW, i’m from Brazil…

AS i wrote it depends by your region for example on Brazil Website KIS is version kis20.0.14.1085abcdept_19514.exe which means that is included patch e only and before you install this package kaspersky will search for newer version if it available then downloads automatically and also after installation do manuál update and restart PC for (this step install newest patch) if it is available of course.

You can ask kaspersky Brazil team about patches. 

AS i wrote it depends by your region for example on Brazil Website KIS is version kis20.0.14.1085abcdept_19514.exe which means that is included patch e only and before you install this package kaspersky will search for newer version if it available then downloads automatically and also after installation do manuál update and restart PC for (this step install newest patch) if it is available of course.

You can ask kaspersky Brazil team about patches. 

Well, ty i guess. I just wish the process of patch update would be faster. I think you agree that 2 months is a lot in terms of AV updates 😓

​Hello @Anya,

imo, 2 months is outside normal expectations🤔

1. Was the clean KIS install from the Global www?
  2. Has a KIS software compatibility check been run?
  3. Also, reset KIS to Default settings, reboot, login, run a manual Database update, if the issue persists, please contact Kaspersky Technical Support, provide them with a full history, GSI & Windows Logs, & images if relevant.

Please let us know the outcome when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

​Hello @Anya,

imo, 2 months is outside normal expectations🤔

1. Was the clean KIS install from the Global www?
  2. Has a KIS software compatibility check been run?
  3. Also, reset KIS to Default settings, reboot, login, run a manual Database update, if the issue persists, please contact Kaspersky Technical Support, provide them with a full history, GSI & Windows Logs, & images if relevant.

Please let us know the outcome when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

1. It was downloaded from here: https://www.kaspersky.com.br/downloads/thank-you/internet-security-free-trial
  1. Yes
  2. It is with default configs

I tried to contact the technical support but they asked where i bought KIS. But i’m actually trying it before buying because i need to know how it will work with the new Edge. At the moment, with patch H, i’m facing a few bugs with Kaspersky and Edge. So, unless i can figure out how update it and test patch J, i wont buy KIS. And it seems the technical support is not available for trials, isn’t? 

Hello @Anya

Thank you for the update👌

• Regarding support: according to previous Kaspersky Lab, written advice:

KLab OLC Tue 05-November-2019, 04:50:12 pm    

All saleable products will have technical support. Non saleable products will not have technical support but depends on agent's discretion.

unquote

• The Edge Chromium fix is in patch J.
  • Try a clean install from the Global site.
  • If you wish to share the GSI & Windows Logs, we’re more than happy to look at the data. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Anya

Thank you for the update👌

• Regarding support: according to previous Kaspersky Lab, written advice:

KLab OLC Tue 05-November-2019, 04:50:12 pm    

All saleable products will have technical support. Non saleable products will not have technical support but depends on agent's discretion.

unquote

• The Edge Chromium fix is in patch J.
  • Try a clean install from the Global site.

Hey! I installed the global version of KIS and after reboot it was updated to patch “i”. However, the global version is english, and despite i can understand, i would prefer to use the portuguese version.. Do you have any idea how to revert it to portuguese without reverting the patch to H again? Furthermore, even with the global version, i’m not able to get patch J. Any idea of which countries already received it?

• If you wish to share a GSI & Windows Logs, we’re more than happy to look at the data. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

How can i do that?

Ty for your support

Hello @Anya

You’re most welcome🙂 !

• Installing from the global site was a test to see if the H/I patch issue was solved, so, it’s good to know that particular issue is actually solved🤸 . Thank you for letting us know👌
  • Regarding Patch J, now that (your) KIS is on patch I, patch J will arrive in due course, reboot on a daily basis and patiently wait.
  • All patches are distributed in a staggered cycle, there’s no information from Kaspersky, other than the Release notes, which are issued when the cycle begins. I’ve had the situation with computers in the same building all updating patches in different weeks, even tho all documented advice is followed to the letter.  
  • Regarding KIS Portuguese language version, you’d need to re-install, however, if software at that site is where the patch issue is, you’ll be back where you started🤔 In this regard, it’s worth contacting the Kaspersky Technical Team, provide them with the information/history, hopefully, they will check the software at their site🤔
  • Regarding the GSI, thank you, it’s not needed, you’ve shown the issue is not your system, nor the processes you’ve used. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I installed kis20.0.14.1085abcdefgpt_19515 again, and it reverted to patch H as you said. However i did a manual update and reboot and this time KIS was updated to (i) version. I hope patch J will arrive soon. Ty for your help

@Anya  FYI : After a Kaspersky re-install  or clean install during the week that a patch is being gradually released on the K-Lab servers, it may take several additional days until the patch shows up in the new install.

Ty for in the information

@Sib3riX

Thanks👌 !

@Anya

Additional information from: Kaspersky Lab Support, Sent: Friday, 10 April 2020 13:05

Patch J specific interface improvement changes:

1. Support of the latest Chromium based MS edge but Mac still does not support the browser.
  2. Added "View activation code in My Kaspersky" buttons to Support and Licensing windows.
  3. Removed the option to "Disable automatic update to the latest version".
  4. Added "Don't ask again" option to Kaspersky Protection installation notifications.
  5. Common Anti-Banner bug resolved which prevented filtering of YouTube ads.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@Sib3riX

Thanks👌 !

@Anya

Additional information from: Kaspersky Lab Support, Sent: Friday, 10 April 2020 13:05

Patch J specific interface improvement changes:

1. Support of the latest Chromium based MS edge but Mac still does not support the browser.
  2. Added "View activation code in My Kaspersky" buttons to Support and Licensing windows.
  3. Removed the option to "Disable automatic update to the latest version".
  4. Added "Don't ask again" option to Kaspersky Protection installation notifications.
  5. Common Anti-Banner bug resolved which prevented filtering of YouTube ads.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Very important fixes. Specially the Edge support! Ty