I cannot watch Raiplay via VPN

Go to solution Solved by KiaMachay,

I tried with two different computers, Mac and pc, and different browsers like Chrome and Safari, if in Raiplay try to stream a film for example it’s not working. Of course with a different vpn provider I had before trying Kaspersky (Touch VPN) it was working

It’s useless they ask for log files. I’m not bothered, because the VPN Italy is not working on 2 different PC and a MAC while the simple touch VPN extension for Chrome works perfectly. So let’s say it’s their server that doesn’t work

Hi thanks for your replay,yes it does fix it because unfortunately despite being a long time customer I will only use my KIS and forget Kaspersky VPN, considering I only need Italy, and I will keep using Touch VPN in chrome. Yes I have already uninstalled and reinstalled it. In the PC is one d/l coming together with KIS and ion MAC is a separated app

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Streaming services are often restricted to the country they are licensed in, so it's possible that Raiplay isn't available outside of Italy. There are plenty of other streaming services like Hulu or Netflix. Because websites use a geographic IP, you would also be able to bypass any blocks by connecting from another country before accessing your favorite Italian show.

VPNs work because they set up an encrypted connection between your computer and the content provider (which is what is blocked with this service.) If you plan on using VPN connections for anything more than watching TV, make sure that your VPN provider has servers in two different countries - for example Canada and Germany - so that if one location is being blocked you can go elsewhere. 

• 2 months later...
  • Solution

hi @cinweb 

I don't know if you solved this problem yet, but the solution for me was quite simple.

I just disconected my account and loged in again. before the page was refreshed on chrome, KSV even asked for confirmation to be used on the page (I configured specific VPN for rai play on the app). this also worked for the rai play app. log out, log in again.

• 3 weeks later...