I Am Not Able to Access My Kaspersky on Android

masteryoda1041

Some background: I currently have a Windows 10-based laptop and Android-based cell phone. My current Kaspersky subscription allows me to protect up to 3 devices.

I seem to have no trouble accessing My Kaspersky from my laptop.

Up until I got a new cell phone last month, I had never installed any Kaspersky products on any of my previous phones. I do not recall having much, if any, trouble with the initial installation process of Kaspersky Security Cloud on my Android OS-based cell phone. If I recall correctly, I downloaded the Kaspersky Security Cloud app onto my phone via the Play Store, read and accepted agreements, tapped "Mobile protection" within the main window of Kaspersky Security Cloud – Personal (the desktop version), aimed my phone at the QR code shown on my laptop’s screen, and voilà, I was in.

However, I’ve been running into trouble tonight when trying to sign into my account via the Kaspersky Security Cloud app for Android. While attempting to connect via the "Connect by QR code" button on my phone, I am greeted with the following message: "Unable to connect to My Kaspersky Check your Internet connection and try again." I’m given two options "CLOSE" and "TRY AGAIN."

I think I began noticing issues when I tried to link the Android version of Kaspersky Security Cloud to My Kaspersky. My phone did not seem to completely link to My Kaspersky. What I mean is my phone would be listed in My Kaspersky when I’d sign in on my laptop. However, in the picture of a phone that appears right above the words "Mobile Android" and my phone’s model number, it would have an "x" over a globe on the screen.

Another issue arose after installing the Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security app. Upon tapping "I HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION," "Sign in to My Kaspersky," then entering my credentials and tapping "Sign in," the words "Incorrect email address or password" appeared right under the password entry box. Entering an activation code via the "Enter the activation code" link under the above-mentioned "Sign in to My Kaspersky" link did not work either. Upon entering the code found in a recent message from Kaspersky regarding my recent license purchase and tapping "Next," a message appeared about the code I entered being an activation code for Kaspersky Security Cloud that can only be applied on My Kaspersky. The message included four possible ways to apply the activation code. (Please see the attached picture.)

After several failed attempts to get the Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security app to access my Kaspersky information, I decided to unlink my phone from My Kaspersky and uninstall all Kaspersky apps from my cell phone.

I looked at Unable to connect to My Kaspersky, mobile. | Kaspersky Community, but the provided information did not seem useful.

How might I resolve this?

Hello @masteryoda1041,

Welcome!

Kaspersky Security Cloud (KSC) – Personal  & Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security app, commonly referred to as KIS, are two different applications. 

We understand you have the Personal subscription for Kaspersky Security Cloud, however, do you have a subscription for Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security/KIS app or have you installed KIS Free app (as well as KSC) in the android? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hello, @Flood and Flood's wife.

Thank you for replying.

I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying. However, looking at the "Licenses" page within "My Kaspersky" in a browser on my laptop, I can see the following:

Kaspersky Security Cloud: Personal; Subscription for 3 devices; Subscription: Active; Expiration date: Jun 04, 2024; 1 out of 3 devices protected.

Under "My devices," my laptop is the only device listed.

Directly under "Apps," it says, "1 out of 3 devices protected," and shows the icon for Kaspersky Security Cloud for desktop devices (with a "Download" button to the right of it), as well as the icon for Kaspersky Internet Security for Android (with a "Download" button to the right of it).

Directly under the icons for Kaspersky Security Cloud for desktop devices and Kaspersky Internet Security for Android, but still under "Apps," it says, "0 out of 1 user protected," and shows the icon for Kaspersky Security Cloud for mobile devices (with a "Download" button to the right of it).

Directly under Kaspersky Security Cloud for mobile devices, but again, still under "Apps," it says, "0 out of 1 user protected," and shows the icon for Kaspersky Password Manager (with a "Download" button to the right of it).

Lastly, under "Additional info," in addition to the "Activation date," "Expiration date," "License key," and "Comments," it says, "Days left: 1086."

Does any of that information help?

Hello @masteryoda1041

Thank you for posting back! 

In your initial problem description you advise you have:

Kaspersky Security Cloud, Personal subscription, installed on PC & Android, further on you advise “Another issue arose after installing the Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security app.

Specific to the android, as that’s where the difficulty is:

Kaspersky Security Cloud (KSC) & Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security (KIS) are different apps

Are you trying to install/activate both apps

Note: to use Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security (KIS) Premium subscription, a separate subscription is required, unless you select Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus: AppLock & Web Security (KIS) Free

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋