How to update licence on Web Traffic Security 6.1?

Go to solution Solved by ElvinE5,

Hi,

i got a new licence and Activation Code for Web Traffic Sec on my Squid proxy.

In the Settings at the web-gui there is a "licence" subject, but it only allows to *delete* the active key. Not to add / update one.

Do i have to delete the key first, before  updating the new one?

Will Kaspersky halt if i delte the existing key and kill all my users connections?

I am afraid, i need some help here. The docs are not usefull on that...

regards

Sachbearbeiter

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Caos:

Hi,

thanks, but i have seen this Links before.

I simply have no "Add the Licence" opportunity.  Only "Delete".

So my question is: Do i have to delete the active licence *defor* i can install the next one?

Will this (delte the licence) halt the application? (So i have to do thei at night, not at work time)

Please see this screenshot:

image.thumb.png.054922cca70b16c2ab7ca10491c336c8.png

regards

Sachbearbeiter

Dear user,

Thanks for your messages. If you have Kaspersky Total Security for Business, you can activate Kaspersky Web Traffic Security as part of license. Optionally, if you bought Kaspersky Web Traffic Security as add on, you will be able to activate that product too.

Please check your license, and request more details to your Kaspersky reseller.

• Like 1

• Solution
16 часов назад, Sachbearbeiter сказал:

So my question is: Do i have to delete the active licence *defor* i can install the next one?

Will this (delte the licence) halt the application? (So i have to do thei at night, not at work time)

Yes, you need to remove the old license and suppress the new one in its place. checking the license (if there is an Internet connection) will take a few seconds and your system will continue to work.

if I understand correctly - after the license expires (or the key is deleted), the traffic continues to be processed and users do not lose access to the Internet ... the engines and processing rules just stop working.

If you are worried about this, replace the swear during non-working hours.