How to turn off certain messages; third party Windows updater, and Amazon Kindle Oasis.

I’m am getting certain warning messages repeatedly from Kaspersky:

1. Warning that Windows update is not enabled.
    Actually, it *is* enabled, but I am using a separate program to manage Windows updates, which gives me more control over such timing.
  2. Warning that a certain device has connected to our wired network.
    Interestingly, I’m getting this *repeatedly* for my Amazon Kindle Oasis, which I have already disconnected from the network.

3. I would *really* like to disable these two warnings, since they are really not useful to me.  Is there any way to do this??

Versions:
    Windows 10 [Version 6.3.19042]
    Kaspersky Security Cloud V21.2.16.590(b)

Hello 

I’m am getting certain warning messages repeatedly from Kaspersky:

1. Warning that Windows update is not enabled.
    Actually, it *is* enabled, but I am using a separate program to manage Windows updates, which gives me more control over such timing.
  2. Warning that a certain device has connected to our wired network.
    Interestingly, I’m getting this *repeatedly* for my Amazon Kindle Oasis, which I have already disconnected from the network.
  3. I would *really* like to disable these two warnings, since they are really not useful to me.  Is there any way to do this??

Hello @Gorlash

Welcome!

1. Please post full screen images of 1 & 2?
  2. Do the same issues persist with version 21.3.10.391
  3. Is Kaspersky Security Cloud Premium or Free?

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

1. responses:
    okay, I’ll have to wait for those events to happen again.  You don’t know what your warning messages look like??

2. I’m trying to find the ‘update’ button, but it isn’t obvious

3. this is free edition.

Do I need to have the paid version in order to upgrade to the new version?

If I wish to stay with the free version (which I do), will I need to always uninstall and then do a clean install, to upgrade to the next version?

1. Do I need to have the paid version in order to upgrade to the new version? 
  2. Will I need to always uninstall and then do a clean install, to upgrade to the next version?

Hello @Gorlash

You’re most welcome!

1. To answer 1 & 2: no, however, because you’re reporting alert issues, for this new version, we recommend uninstalling the existing software → in the uninstall process, do not select any check boxes, leave all check boxes blank; complete the uninstall. 
  2. Check your computer for any incompatible software
  3. Download KSCF 21.3.10.391  
  4. Clean install KSCF, configure. 
  5. Run a manual Database update → allow it to complete.
  6. Run a manual Full scan → allow it to complete.
  7. Recheck alerts issue? 

• ⭕ Regarding “ You don’t know what your warning messages look like?”:
  • Kaspersky software has many alerts → you’re reporting an issue, if you wish for us to help you, it’s always best to provide full screen images. 
  • &, the Community is made up of users of Kaspersky software (like you) , all give their time freely, to help other Community members (like you). There's a small team of Kaspersky employees - all of whom are clearly identifiable, bc, their profile shows "Kaspersky Lab Employee".  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @Gorlash

You’re most welcome!

1. To answer 1 & 2: no, however, because you’re reporting alert issues, for this new version, we recommend uninstalling the existing software → in the uninstall process, do not select any check boxes, leave all check boxes blank; complete the uninstall. 
  2. Check your computer for any incompatible software
  3. Download KSCF 21.3.10.391  
  4. Clean install KSCF, configure. 
  5. Run a manual Database update → allow it to complete.
  6. Run a manual Full scan → allow it to complete.
  7. Recheck alerts issue? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife !!
First off, I *sincerely* apologize for my grumpy comments last night!!  Your comments were courteous and complete, and my response was not justified… I promise that I’m not generally like that, and I appreciate the community support.

I will follow all of your instructions, and update back here in a few days, regardless of whether I see the issue or not.
Gorlash

Okay, I’m now running KSCF 21.3.10.391

Here is the Windows Update dialog that I wish disabled.
I use WAU Manager instead of the built-in update manager, as it adds several convenient features to the process. 
So anyway, this warning, which pops up several times per day, has no value in my system.

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife !!
First off, I *sincerely* apologize for my grumpy comments last night!!  I will follow all of your instructions, and update back here in a few days, regardless of whether I see the issue or not. Gorlash

Okay, I’m now running KSCF 21.3.10.391. Here is the Windows Update dialog that I wish disabled. I use WAU Manager instead of the built-in update manager. 
This warning, which pops up several times per day, has no value in my system.

Hello Grumpy @Gorlash 😉 , 

Thank you for your kind words, we really do appreciate them & do not worry, we understand, when most folks visit the Community, they do so because of a problem, that’s why all of the Community participants work so hard to help each other. 

Thank you for the additional information & the image👌

🅰 The KSCF alert issue, with no Decline & or Ignore & do not remind me again option, has been raised before, but not for WAU Manager.

Previously, Kaspersky did fix this, for other alerts; it’s disappointing to see it back in MR3. 

The problem we have from here is, technically, as a user of Kaspersky’s Free software, there’s no tech support; however, this is a Kaspersky issue, not created by the user & unable to be fixed by the user:

🅱 For the Amazon Kindle Oasis, do you have an option to “forget”, if you are able to grab the screen image for that alert, it would also be most helpful please?  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi again, @Flood and Flood's wife !!
Thanks for the feedback on the Windows Update notification… I’ll have to hope others have some insight on that topic.

As for the network-connection notification, I’ll include a copy of that message as well, though it is from the previous version of Kaspersky; just as with the Update notice, all it has is ‘show devices’ or ‘hide’, and clicking ‘hide’ does not stop the message from popping up again…
*HOWEVER*, since I updated to 21.3.10.391, I have not seen this message again when I brought my Oasis online, so maybe I’m lucky and that has been dealt with??  We can hope…