How to stop interface opening when computer starts?

Kaspersky Plus won't stop opening the app interface at computer start-up. Have literally turned off ALL notifications to try and stop this, doesn't seem to be an option to turn this off. Also want to stop the app prompting to use the tools (speed up PC, improve Chrome etc.). I just want to start my computer and have Kaspersky start in the background without constantly being harassed by the program.

Cannot believe how annoying this new version of the software is. Used to be so innocuous, now in your face all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 4:28 PM, Tats said:
  1. won't stop opening the app interface at computer start-up. 
  2. Also want to stop the app prompting to use the tools (speed up PC, improve Chrome etc.).

Hello @Tats

Welcome & apologies for the delay responding to your topic?

1. Uncheck Launch Kaspersky Plus at computer startup (recommended) -> note documented Kaspersky advice: When the check box is cleared, the Kaspersky application is not started after the operating system loads, until the user starts it manually. Computer protection is disabled, and user data may be exposed to threats.
  2. Uncheck Automatically search for ways to speed up your PC
  3. Select Save to apply the change. 
  4. Select OK, to confirm the user action (not shown in image). 

image.thumb.jpeg.6a52764342c9fe2f3c6e4fd35ab2371f.jpeg

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource reference:

PC resource consumption

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1

That's not what I want though - I want Kaspersky to start when I turn on my computer, I just don't want the window to pop up each time so I have to close it. Why this is a new feature is beyond me, as it's never done this in previous versions of Kaspersky internet security. I just want it to run IN THE BACKGROUND without constantly prompting for things.

22 minutes ago, Tats said:

I just don't want the window to pop up each time so I have to close it.

Hello @Tats

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back.

Which window are you referring to - please post an image - we need to see what you see to be able to assist, otherwise we're left guessing - or - please log a case with Kaspersky supporton the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the issue; Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you. 

• Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

On 11/18/2022 at 2:28 AM, Tats said:

Kaspersky Plus won't stop opening the app interface at computer start-up. Have literally turned off ALL notifications to try and stop this, doesn't seem to be an option to turn this off. Also want to stop the app prompting to use the tools (speed up PC, improve Chrome etc.). I just want to start my computer and have Kaspersky start in the background without constantly being harassed by the program.

Cannot believe how annoying this new version of the software is. Used to be so innocuous, now in your face all the time.

Hey, same thing here!!
Kaspersky main window opening on every startup. So annoying.

I have Kaskersky Standard on Windows 11.

I contacted the Kaspersky support and they said it is not possible to stop this window from opening on start-up.

I'm considering installing the previous version ("Kaspersky Anti-Virus" in this case), but I'm not sure if I will be able to use the current license.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nikolahh said:

Kaskersky Standard on Windows 11.

Kaspersky main window opening on every startup. 

I contacted the Kaspersky support and they said it is not possible to stop this window from opening on start-up.

I'm considering installing the previous version ("Kaspersky Anti-Virus" in this case), but I'm not sure if I will be able to use the current license.

Hello @Nikolahh

Welcome!

Thank you for posting & the information!

We have Kaspersky Plus on Windows 10 - the only time the Kaspersky Plus interface/GUI opens is when we physically open it, by selecting it, from the Windows hidden icons - but K+ is actually active & running in the background, it's seamless - perhaps there's a Windows setting that's the issue - have you checked? 

Re installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus, (1) - did you ask Kaspersky support? (2), Kaspersky Anti-Virus license matches Kaspersky Basic; Kaspersky Internet Security matches Kaspersky Standard - refer: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ - by Danila T.  

Thank you?
Flood?+?

7 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Tats

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back.

Which window are you referring to - please post an image - we need to see what you see to be able to assist, otherwise we're left guessing - or - please log a case with Kaspersky supporton the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the issue; Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

This is the window - the interface/GUI opens EVERY computer start-up. No way to turn it off within Kaspersky without preventing Kaspersky from starting automatically (which is super unhelpful and completely defeats the purpose of having an internet security program).

image.thumb.png.1903cdff2f8284d0a13fd631a977d9a5.png

7 minutes ago, Tats said:

This is the window - the interface/GUI opens EVERY computer start-up. No way to turn it off within Kaspersky without preventing Kaspersky from starting automatically.

Hello @Tats

We have Kaspersky Plus on Windows 10 - the only time the Kaspersky Plus interface/GUI opens is when we physically open it, by selecting it, from the Windows hidden icons - but K+ is actually active & running in the background, it's seamless - perhaps there's a Windows setting that's the issue - have you checked?

• Note: we haven't unchecked any options in Kaspersky Plus

image.thumb.gif.c09112555a8452f00e40e34bc00a49b9.gif

Thank you?
Flood?+?

5 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Tats

We have Kaspersky Plus on Windows 10 - the only time the Kaspersky Plus interface/GUI opens is when we physically open it, by selecting it, from the Windows hidden icons - but K+ is actually active & running in the background, it's seamless - perhaps there's a Windows setting that's the issue - have you checked?

• Note: we haven't unchecked any options in Kaspersky Plus

image.thumb.gif.c09112555a8452f00e40e34bc00a49b9.gif

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Yeah I have checked, and short of blocking the program from starting at computer start-up, there's nothing to be done.

Also running Windows 10, so feel free to correct me and show me how to turn off this GUI from popping up.

15 minutes ago, Tats said:

Yeah, I have checked, and short of blocking the program from starting at computer start-up, there's nothing to be done. Also running Windows 10, so feel free to correct me and show me how to turn off this GUI from popping up.

Hello @Tats

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back! 

We have no idea, Kaspersky Plus application does not 'pop up' / start - without our intervention, as we've shown; it's not intrusive at all - just the way we like it. 

Going by what @Nikolahhhas said above, support advised him: "it's not possible to stop this window from opening on start-up".

You can be sure tho, if enough people complain & log cases, Kaspersky will look at the issue - as the initial support answer: "it's not possible to stop this window from opening on start-up", may change?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

This is also happening to me. I'm running the new Kaspersky Plus on Windows 10. I used to have Kaspersky Internet Security that used to run at system start up, BUT stayed unobtrusively minimized to the system tray. Kaspersky Plus opens the main app interface EVERY TIME the computer starts up. This is supposed to be a new version and yet comes with a LOSS of function.

I have been a paid Kaspersky user for many years.  Was on the fence about going with Bitdefender this time when my internet security came up for renewal. Now that Kaspersky has become intrusive and "in my face" so much, it might be time to make the switch. It's a shame the newer version feels like a down grade.

Also the proposed solution to "uncheck launch at startup" is a ludicrous response. A deliberate misunderstanding of the issue. Of course we want the software to run at startup and do the job we paid for. We just don't want the interface always opening up at every system startup. We want it to run, BUT stay minimized to the system tray. 

I don't think they realise how annoying it is. Hopefully they can fix this issue soon.

Hello  @JPJ71,

Welcome!

As we said above, we cannot replicate the issue, our installed Kaspersky Plus runs like a dream.

Please log a case with Kaspersky supporton the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the issue; Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you. We'd also recommend including a video, so the technical team are aware of what is causing you so much frustration *and* IF you do make a video, please share it here in the Community? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife

As you recommended I have contacted support and amazingly they have been useful.

After explaining the issue, they advised the following:

Please do the following steps in order to restore Kaspersky settings:
1. Open the main application window of Kaspersky.
2. Click the Settings button in the lower part of the main window.
- The Settings window opens.
3. In the Settings window, select the Manage settings section.
4. Select Restore.
5. The Save window opens.

I followed the above steps and the issue appears to have resolved. Kaspersky Plus runs on start up, but stays minimised to the system tray.

If the above didn't work, they provided info on how to gather and send the a system info report and trace report for them to review in more detail. However, as the above steps seem to have resolved things, I did not proceed down that path. But if the above doesn't work for others having this issue, they may need to contact support about gathering a trace fro them to investigate further.

Still, would be nice to see a simple tick box in the settings window for "run minimised to system tray" or something similar. Especially given others are having this same issue.

But for now it is working in an unobtrusive fashion and I am happy.

Thank you @Flood and Flood's wife for following up.

• Thanks 3

• 3 months later...

Hello,

same issue here with Kaspersky Premium. It's been the case for some weeks, I had not noticed this annoying behaviour of the application before.

@JPJ71 I have tried the process you mentioned, but to no avail. The app keeps opening up every time I start a session.

The support only told me it was impossible to change, and that I could close the window - of course, I can! How user-friendly it is!...

I don't understand what Kaspersky looked for when they built in this set-up without allowing us to disable it. It is absolutely unnecessary and nerve-racking to have this systematic pop-up every time we start a session. Do they really fear we forget we installed their software?... Everything can be customized but this, and they give us advice to prevent others' app pop-ups, but theirs can't be avoided. Unbelievable.

Mat

Edited by Mat. K
  • Thanks 1

11 horas atrás, Mat. K disse:

Hello,

same issue here with Kaspersky Premium. It's been the case for some weeks, I had not noticed this annoying behaviour of the application before.

@JPJ71 I have tried the process you mentioned, but to no avail. The app keeps opening up every time I start a session.

The support only told me it was impossible to change, and that I could close the window - of course, I can! How user-friendly it is!...

I don't understand what Kaspersky looked for when they built in this set-up without allowing us to disable it. It is absolutely unnecessary and nerve-racking to have this systematic pop-up every time we start a session. Do they really fear we forget we installed their software?... Everything can be customized but this, and they give us advice to prevent others' app pop-ups, but theirs can't be avoided. Unbelievable.

Mat

SOLUTION:

1- Format your computer (do a clean install, don't save anything)

2 - After formatting your computer, go to windows update and update your computer. Restart the computer.

3 - As soon as the computer is fully updated, download kasperky standard/plus/premium through the my kaspersky portal (website) and install it on your computer

I had the same problem and this was the only solution.

I've also experienced this but only since the application automatically updated itself to 21.9.6.465.

I'e also noted that this doesn't always happen too, seems random. Some boots it will popup and on some others it won't.

Never had an issue with 21.7/21.8

Will keep an eye on it and it carries on I'll either try the restore settings or fully uninstall the application and reinstall.

The fact this has been going on for some users since November though, suggests there's an issue somewhere with something.

Edited by Jbennett360

Hello @Tats, @Nikolahh, @garette, @JPJ71, @Mat. K, @promo30@Jbennett360

FYI:

1. This issue is not normal. 
  2. It is not by design.  
  3. Re: "I contacted the Kaspersky support; they said it is not possible to stop this window from opening on start-up." this advice is not correct. 
  4. Release date for version 21.9.6.465 was starting 1st week of November 2022. 
  5. Please log a case with Kaspersky support: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 
  6. ?Please post back the Incident reference numbers?

?@Tats, can you also post the Incident reference number for your case, even if it's closed, please? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

2 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

FYI:

2. It is not by design.  
  3. Re: "I contacted the Kaspersky support; they said it is not possible to stop this window from opening on start-up." this advice is not correct. 
  5. Please log a case with Kaspersky support: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

?@Tats, can you also post the Incident reference number for your case, even if it's closed, please? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

I'm going to try a clean install first. I attempted the reset settings but it still happened afterwards!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I as well facing the same problem.

I downloaded and purchase a license for the Kaspersky Standard product a week ago, tried to reinstall and restore the settings but the application still annoyingly opens up full screen 2 minutes after startup.

Is there still no solution ?

I will most likely move to another antivirus since that is fairly annoying

Edited by Veti
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2023 at 5:15 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

FYI:

2. It is not by design.  

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Telling people it's not normal and not by design, and that the issue doesn't exist, is neither helpful nor true.

The fact is this happens a lot, to almost everyone. I have the same issue. The Window is just appearing at every boot, without prompting or intervention, and it's very, very irritating.

I agree I will be moving AV, as its incredibly irritating and nobody at Kaspersky seems to care about fixing the problem.

Edited by FileTrekker

It was commented on in this topic, take a look there, and try to do the following.

Open Kaspersky Free main application window. Select Settings ⚙ icon, lower left-hand-side of window. Select Manage settings. Select Restore, select Next, select Confirm, select Done. Shutdown the computer using SHUTDOWN, not Restart, when the computer if fully OFF, power ON, by pressing the power button, login, recheck the original issue?

8 hours ago, FileTrekker said:

Telling people it's not normal and not by design, and that the issue doesn't exist, is neither helpful nor true.

I agree I will be moving AV, as its incredibly irritating and nobody at Kaspersky seems to care about fixing the problem. 

Hello @FileTrekker

Welcome!

1. We can assure you, the GUI interface automatically opening at startup is not normal, nor is it by design, the information is true - the issue is a due to a *known bug*
  2. In *our* tests we could not replicate the issue =  issue doesn't exist (for us) BUT that does NOT mean the issue does not exist for others. 
  3. IF the issue was happening to us we would be p*ssed OFF -> just like you are! 
  4. IF you logged a case with Kaspersky, post the Incident reference number so HQ can find out why the issue has not been resolved?  
  5. Have you tested if the issue persists with version 21.13.5.506

Don't shoot the messenger buddy. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

pn