How to remove news taskbar icon? How to run app without log in?

1) I don't like being forced to keep being signed in to the app to have it active on my PC. The old Kaspersky let you just provide your activation code with a once-off purchase and no more bothering after that. How can you run it on desktop without it showing your account email login? Purchasing Kaspersky Premium didn't provide an activation key

2) How do I remove the annoying green envelope "Unread News" icon in the hidden icon taskbar tray. I never signed up to be bothered by this nonsense.

22 minutes ago, A_B said:
  1. I don't like being forced to keep being signed into the app to have it active on my PC.
  2. The old Kaspersky let you just provide your activation code with a once-off purchase and no more bothering after that.
  3. How can you run it on desktop without it showing your account email login?
  4. Purchasing Kaspersky Premium didn't provide an activation key
  5. How do I remove the annoying green envelope "Unread News" icon in the hidden icon taskbar tray. I never signed up to be bothered by this nonsense.

Hello @A_B

Welcome!

1. You're not alone - but - that's how the software works. 
  2. Correct. 
  3. Sadly, you can't, the *new* Kaspersky software range is Subscription based & linked to (your) MyKaspersky account, where the License information is stored. 
  4. Correct, the *new* Kaspersky software range purchased from Kaspersky websites, does not provide an activation key - refer: Where can I find the activation code for Kaspersky Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium?After purchasing on the Kaspersky website, your subscription will be automatically saved in your My Kaspersky account. The activation code is not required. The subscription will be applied automatically after you download and install the application.
  5. How to enable or disable security news & How to enable or disable the receipt of security news on My Kaspersky

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added to 1.

1 hour ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @A_B

Welcome!

1. You're not alone - but - that's how the software works. 
  2. Correct. 
  3. Sadly, you can't, the *new* Kaspersky software range is Subscription based & linked to (your) MyKaspersky account, where the License information is stored. 
  4. Correct, the *new* Kaspersky software range purchased from Kaspersky websites, does not provide an activation key - refer: Where can I find the activation code for Kaspersky Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium?After purchasing on the Kaspersky website, your subscription will be automatically saved in your My Kaspersky account. The activation code is not required. The subscription will be applied automatically after you download and install the application.
  5. How to enable or disable security news & How to enable or disable the receipt of security news on My Kaspersky

Thank you?
Flood?+?

These are not solutions.
I already did the disable news information the icon isn't removed from taskbar, even after restarting PC.
Also, I am forced to have my login and email displayed while active since Premium switch over?
Ok, what other antivirus product do not do this? I'll look among the other options for a less invasive product.

EDIT: You can only remove the icon by opening every news article Kaspersky forces on you.
I won't play these stupid games with Kaspersky. If it ain't broke don't fix it. This is a fail on their part.

Edited by A_B

1 hour ago, A_B said:
  1. I am forced to have my login and email displayed while active since Premium switch over? 
  2. Ok, what other antivirus product do not do this?
  3. I already did the disable news information the icon isn't removed from taskbar, even after restarting PC. EDIT: You can only remove the icon by opening every news article Kaspersky forces on you.

Hello @A_B

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back! 

1. Already answered above -> information stored in (your) MyKaspersky account is required by the physical software -> to make it work -> IF (you) sign out the application will not work -> Protection is disabled, RED Kaspersky icon  image.thumb.jpeg.20b9252589dad0632a704e8c5879f6e9.jpeg
  2. Kaspersky's original software: Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS), Kaspersky Total Security (KTS) - the activation code can be stored locally - in the application on the PC/Laptop. Kaspersky Security Cloud (KSC) is subscription based, so (you) may encounter the same issue, however KSC is the software that's most comparable to Kaspersky Premium, but even then, it's from the old generation software. KIS, KTS & KSC will eventually be replaced by the new range - so the problem won't go away - forever. Contact Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, they will help you. 
  3. Discuss the news information icon issue with Kaspersky Customer Service -> at the same time. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

added image & info

1 hour ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @A_B

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back! 

1. Already answered above -> information stored in (your) MyKaspersky account is required by the physical software -> to make it work -> IF (you) sign out the application will not work -> Protection is disabled, RED Kaspersky icon  image.thumb.jpeg.20b9252589dad0632a704e8c5879f6e9.jpeg
  2. Kaspersky's original software: Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS), Kaspersky Total Security (KTS) - the activation code can be stored locally - in the application on the PC/Laptop. Kaspersky Security Cloud (KSC) is subscription based, so (you) may encounter the same issue, however KSC is the software that's most comparable to Kaspersky Premium, but even then, it's from the old generation software. KIS, KTS & KSC will eventually be replaced by the new range - so the problem won't go away - forever. Contact Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, they will help you. 
  3. Discuss the news information icon issue with Kaspersky Customer Service -> at the same time. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

I spoke to a Kaspersky chat support agent. Apparently there is no solution. 
It seems you can still get retail copies of the previous UI and functionality in Kaspersky Internet/Total Security.
I would rather do that as I do not want this new rubbish system with my email displayed for all to see on the taskbar, frivolous notifications, obfuscating notification settings, invasive news icons. I don't need or want any of that rubbish. 
Kaspersky took a product that was just fine and made it an annoyance.
Why?
Do the customers get any say?
In the old Kaspersky, if a notification pops up on desktop it has 3 dots that allows you to edit those specific notifications. 
Now? Noting. You must go read some forums and try to figure out where all the separate, disparate, hidden options are.
No. Screw that

• 4 months later...

Follow my below mentioned two steps to remove the news taskbar icon, and run the app without logging in.

1- To run the app without showing your account email, check if you have an activation key. If not, contact Kaspersky support for assistance.

2- To remove the "Unread News" icon in the hidden icon taskbar tray, right-click on the taskbar, select "Taskbar settings," and then choose "Select which icons appear on the taskbar." Find the "Unread News" icon and turn it off.

18 hours ago, abdulwahab said:

Follow my below mentioned two steps to remove the news taskbar icon, and run the app without logging in.

1- To run the app without showing your account email, check if you have an activation key. If not, contact Kaspersky support for assistance.

2- To remove the "Unread News" icon in the hidden icon taskbar tray, right-click on the taskbar, select "Taskbar settings," and then choose "Select which icons appear on the taskbar." Find the "Unread News" icon and turn it off.

Hello @abdulwahab

Welcome!

1. Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus & or Premium will not function if not logged in with the email address the subscriber used to purchase the subscription. 
  2. Post a screen-print of the Unread News option in Taskbar settings, please? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

grammar😌

What exactly is meant by being signed in to the app to have it active on my PC and will not function if not logged in with the email address ?

Is the engine (malware, virus, etc. protection) running and active after installation and first time log-in for subscription-check to my.kaspersky ?

Also will the engine be running and be active after several restart, crash, update etc. of the PC but without logged in to my.kaspersky ?

When exactly the new Kaspersky software will need log-in to my.kaspersky account ? Please list all.

Edited by cafyon

3 minutes ago, cafyon said:

What exactly is meant by being signed in to the app to have it active on my PC and will not function if not logged in with the email address ?

Is the engine (malware, virus, etc. protection) running and active after installation and first time log-in for subscription-check to my.kaspersky ?

Also will the engine be running and be active after several restart, crash, update etc. of the PC but without logged in to my.kaspersky ?

When exactly the new Kaspersky software will need log-in to my.kaspersky account ? Please list all.

Hello @cafyon

Welcome back!

Before we start, please provide the information as specified in these guidelines: Read before you create or update a topic! by Danila T.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

4 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @cafyon

Welcome back!

Before we start, please provide the information as specified in these guidelines: Read before you create or update a topic! by Danila T.

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

I am not a user of Kaspersky Basic/Plus/Premium. I'm a user of KTS on Win64. The content presented in this topic is utmost important for me whether to continue KTS or change to Premium. Thus my questions which are rooted from comments herein do not deserve your pointing to guidelines. Questions are simple. I started to believe answers are not!

10 hours ago, cafyon said:
  • I am not a user of Kaspersky Basic/Plus/Premium. I'm a user of KTS on Win64.
  • The content presented in this topic is utmost important for me whether to continue KTS or change to Premium.
  • Thus my questions which are rooted from comments herein do not deserve your pointing to guidelines.
  • Questions are simple. I started to believe answers are not!

Hello @cafyon

Thank you for the information!

You can believe whatever you want - allow us to illuminate you - we spend hours digging thru what we are provided by people - such as yourself & providing answers - only to be told - "Oh no, not that, I want to know about X for Y & Z...... Sorry, I didn't mention it!"

💥There's *always* a reason for Community members to seek information - to enable them to best assist people like you. 

• 👉IF the user is not signed into the application, they will see the following:

image.thumb.jpeg.7ee5faa9632663012a86e69f2f15666d.jpeg

& get this alert:

image.thumb.jpeg.d50eed68c5b1a460c2d0078f37c86f17.jpeg

👉The application continues to function; the user has no access to the application - other than some options available in their MyKaspersky account:

image.thumb.jpeg.4bc17210977c1efe70154c3dbe557834.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.abcabeae30ac06c88ea80afcfb7ffa8f.jpeg

👉During installation the software must be synchronized with the user's MyKaspersky account - to 'pick-up' the associated license - read: How to install or remove the application & How to activate a subscription on your device

💥We've never encountered (your) scenario of 'several restart, crash' etc. & am not about to do any such thing to our production machines for testing purposes. 

👉IF (you) are thinking about changing to the new range - the actual KTS equivalent is Kaspersky PLUS, you may wish to read about the *upgrade* (free), Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T., noting - the *upgrade* is like for like: KTS comes with Kaspersky Premium Password Manager & Kaspersky Standard VPN -> upgraded Kaspersky PLUS is identical with the available software = Kaspersky Premium Password Manager & Kaspersky Standard VPN

➡️We always recommend people try Kaspersky's Free before investing, that way (you) can make an *informed* decision. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

grammar😌, added image