How to Really Stop receiving informational messages from Kaspersky? "Storing passwords in a web browser is risky."

Bukkdog

I recently (2/16/2021) installed Kaspersky Internet Security 21.2.16.590(b) on Windows 10 v.20H2 build 19042.804.

In KIS > Settings > Interface I removed the checkmark from "Receive informational messages and advertisements from Kaspersky."

KIS > Settings > Interface

Nevertheless, I continue to receive informational messages. Just today I received a message stating "Storing passwords in a web browser is risky."

How can I really stop receiving informational messages from KIS?

Hello @Bukkdog

Welcome back!

Please post:

1. A full screen image of the front screen of the KIS application, hide name or any personal information before posting? 
  2. A full screen image of the "Storing passwords in a web browser is risky" alert? 
  3. Is Kaspersky Password manager installed? 
  4. May we know the country you live in → different countries have different “privacy” guidelines. Kaspersky is using these  determine their policies🙄

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

“A full screen image of the front screen of the KIS application”

“A full screen image of the "Storing passwords in a web browser is risky" alert”

I have dismissed the message.

“Is Kaspersky Password manager installed?”

No, it is not installed.

“May we know the country you live in”

The United States. Are you suggesting that Kaspersky is allowed to ignore the user’s setting depending on where they live?

1. 🅰“A full screen image of the "Storing passwords in a web browser is risky" alert”, I ‘ve dismissed the message.
  2. 🅱 Country - United States. Are you suggesting that Kaspersky is allowed to ignore the user’s setting depending on where they live?

Hello @Bukkdog

Thank you for posting back, the image & additional information👏

1. 🅰 Sorry for the delay, we’re trying to find/recreate the alert😥
  2. Are Offer to save passwords & or Sign in automatically enabled in your browsers?
  3. Which browser is “Storing passwords in a web browser is risky" alert happening in? 
  4. Does “Storing passwords in a web browser is risky" alert happen irrespective of browser used? 
  5. Note: we think the alert you’re seeing is not covered by: 
  1. Receive informational messages and advertisements from Kaspersky.
  2. Promotional materials block → Special offers,  Receive informational messages and advertisements

However, until we can create the alert or you can share it with us, we cannot answer conclusively. 

1. 🅱 ​​​​​​​Country, Kaspersky’s Data provision may vary according to regional requirements of the regulations governing the collection and processing of personal data that have been established in these regions.

We’ll update the topic if we make progress with the alert, if you have any luck recreating it, please post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I’m giving up, because I can see that I’m not going to get an answer. Fortunately, these informational messages only appear roughly once per week. As long as it’s only going to be that often, I can learn to live with them.

FYI: The password message to which I refer is just the most recent example of the informational messages that Kaspersky Internet Security displays. None of my web browsers store passwords or log me in automatically. The messages come from Kaspersky Internet Security, not from a web browser. A country’s data privacy provisions have no bearing at all on whether or not Kaspersky Internet Security can display generic informational messages.

Clearly, KIS ignores the user’s choice of whether or not to display informational messages.

Hello @Bukkdog

Well, we’re not giving up, we’ll continue to try to find/create the alert, if we do so we’ll post to your topic, whether you’re interested or not, we are & so are others. 

Re “KIS ignores the user’s choice of whether or not to display informational messages”, agreed, that’s been the subject of many unfruitful/frustrating discussions we’ve had with Kaspersky. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋