How to prepare to use Kaspersky removal tool so PC is not damaged? [Solved][Closed]

PCMouse
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello, I have the log.  I would rather email it than post it here for the world to view.  It just seems like private information that I’d rather not put on a forum.  Is it possible to email the log?  Thank you!

Hello @PCMouse,

Thank you for replying👌

• The Windows Log is important, please rerun the GSI so all the information is collected.
  • Unfortunately, there is no email address to send the data to.
  • Also as the product is Kaspersky Free, engaging Kaspersky Technical Support is not an option.
  • You may wish to PM a Moderator & ask them if they will accept the data?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Also, can I have Google chrome running while I run the log, or do i have to shut that off as well?  Thank you!

What is the risk in posting the information here?  This is the only way to find out how to safely remove the software, correct?

Hello @PCMouse
Please follow my earlier directions, run the GSI & Windows Logs and do not have any other applications running at the same time

• Regarding posting the data, essentially, the problems have existed since mid Jan 2020, we have endeavored to assist on a number of occasions, however, without data, we’re unable to advise you as we would be giving advice without seeing. That’s the worst possible way to try to resolve anything. 

• Regarding “What is the risk in posting the information here?

This is the advice I’ve been given by a Community Admin:

quote:

“Community portal is a public resource where one Kaspersky users are trying to help other ones. In order they have an ability to investigate the issue they should have a full picture of your situation, because the majority of problems are caused by system conditions and third-party software installed. GSI log contains only your system information and does not include your files, docs, pictures, passwords and so on. If you don't want to post your logs here you can contact to the official Kaspersky Technical Support via private services.”

unquote

• However, as we’ve already established, Kaspersky Technical Support is not an option available to you. 

• Regarding “This is the only way to find out how to safely remove the software, correct?”
  • If you wished to buy a Kaspersky software license, you could then avail yourself of the Kaspersky Technical Support option, otherwise, as I said earlier, send a Moderator a PM & ask them if they’ll accept the data, or post here please so we can assist?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @PCMouse

You’re most welcome!

Thank you for your reply👌

• You most certainly can post the data here, & delete the data when it’s been acknowledged, however, replies to Topics are only able to be edited for 60minutes after the reply has been saved,  after the 60minutes expires, it’s necessary to send a PM to a Moderator and ask them to please action your request. 
  • The Moderators are from all points of the globe, so, they may be sleeping and or otherwise occupied when you’re awake & or vice-a-versa. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 weeks later...

@PCMouseYour  Log doesn’t show “Kaspersky Antivirus Free”, however “Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Home” is showing up in the installed programs. Beside the fact that your  free disk space on your “C” partition is getting low, i don’t see any conflicts or other main problems ,

@PCMouse In your opening post you are talking about removing KFA , however KFA is not listed in your installed application list ? As already suggested above , using KRT is only recommended when encountering problems during the uninstall procedure. If you want to uninstall “Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Home” please try first try the regular way : Control Panel > Program and features

Yes, sorry, I only have the anti-ransomware.  I have tried the regular way of removal already, and it would not budge.  Nothing happened.  I was advised to send the GSI report before using the removal tool.  I just want this software off my PC, as it is not compatible with my other applications, as I described.  Is it OK for me to use the removal tool, or is that only for the anti-virus?  I have also considered trying to add applications into the “trusted apps” sector of the software menu, but I thought removing it altogether might be a better option, as long as that does not risk harming my PC.  How should I proceed?