How to fit the Kaspersky Free display entirely on my laptop screen

rfhaney
Go to solution Solved by Schulte,

My Kaspersky Free display does not fit entirely on my laptop screen.  In particular, there are three icons in the lower left of the display that I cannot access individually, not even by shifting focus around on the screen via use of my Tab key.  I can drag the display upward momentarily so that I can see the three icons.  But soon as I lift my fingers off of the touchpad controls, the display snaps back down so that the top of the display coincides with the top of the laptop screen.  And -- except for the PrntScr key -- I cannot exercise at least a few other controls while the display is held upward.  Moreover, the Kaspersky Free display does not respond to the Ctrl- and Ctrl+ control keys to change the display size as can be done with other products.  The three icons, from left, are:  (1) a bell icon, presumably a notification icon of some sort; (2) a gear icon, presumably a settings icon of some sort; and (3) some unfamiliar icon that looks somewhat like a circular wreath (headphones set?) of some sort.  I would like to have all product info and controls of Kaspersky Free to be fully accessible.  How can I arrange for that?

My laptop:  Dell XPS 15 L502X, software: Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1.  The attached image is a screenshot of the Kaspersky Free display momentarily lifted as high on the screen as possible; the three icons of note are near the top left corner of the image; a dotted rectangle -- evidently indicating current focus -- surrounds the three icons; my slightly obscured computer "System" screen is shown in the background.

The second image is a screenshot of my Windows Control Panel 'Display' screen.  Long ago after extensive experimentation I had to settle on a "Medium - 125%" display setting due to Dell's ultra tiny font for systems controls.

Kaspersky Free lower left display momentarily visible.jpg

Windows Control Panel 'Display' screen screenshot.jpg

By the way, does anyone know of a way to force the Kaspersky Free display to focus individually on each of the three icons in question even though they may be off-screen?  Is there some sort of keyboard keys combination, say along with the Tab key, to specialize the focus in turn to each of the three icons?  My guess is that once such a specialized focus is obtained, merely hitting the Enter key would likely activate that icon and open the relevant feature.

I also tried changing the Windows Control Panel "Display" setting to "Smaller - 100% (default)".  But the result was terribly impractical.  I had to log off, and that meant that I had to restart all the gazillions of Chrome windows I have ("semi"-)open just to use Chrome again.  (Fortunately, it seems the Chrome people have finally, recently made it possible to have lots of Chrome windows ("semi"-)open without crashing Chrome due to memory limitations.  But it typically takes a lot of time to restart that stuff.)  And "My Kaspersky" did not recognize my recently new password when I tried other browsers -- notably, Opera and Avast Secure Browser.  So here I am, back where I started with the Windows Control Panel "Display" setting much more nicely set again to "Medium - 125%" for readability and being able to use Chrome to again access my "My Kaspersky" account.

When I posted the main post, My Kaspersky offered to allow me to set keyword tabs, but I see no way to do that now.  Is there a way to do that even after logging off and then logging back on?

• Solution

Hello @rfhaney, Welcome.

You can reach all three options by other means.
1. The bell icon indicates that there is a message. You can also view this by clicking on 'Details' in the main window and then 'News'.
2. gear icon for the settings -> see tray menu 'Settings'.
3. headset (support) -> see tray menu 'Support'.

Spoiler

image.png.f6a48adb70d5e76c23fee83309e1abb9.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rfhaney said:
  1. When I posted the main post, My Kaspersky offered to allow me to set keyword tabs, but I see no way to do that now.  Is there a way to do that even after logging off and then logging back on?
  2. And "My Kaspersky" did not recognize my recently new password when I tried other browsers -- notably, Opera and Avast Secure Browser

Hello @rfhaney

1. Also, Keyword tabs are not a feature offered by the MyKaspersky portal; how did you actually set the tabs, which method was used? 
  2. Just as information: Opera and Avast Secure Browser, are not supported, refer: Kaspersky Free, Hardware and software requirements, Browser support

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Use tabs in Chrome

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

• 3 weeks later...

I did not actually set any keyword tabs.  I just noticed that they were offered -- probably after I had already clicked to close the page or to move to another page.  But since   Keyword tabs supposedly were not offered by the MyKaspersky portal, I'm guessing that they were offered by the Chrome browser itself.  But that would seem to be a rather unusual and unexpected interactive feature of Chrome.  Yet Grammarly seems to have that level of sophistication to interact with text screens and text boxes.  On the other hand maybe I'm inappropriately using the term "keyword tabs" to describe the keywords-association feature that appeared to be offered.  It seemed the feature was allowing me to specify keywords to associate with my post, probably to allow users to more easily find my post related to those keywords.

Oh, and by the way, besides Opera and Avast Secure Browser, I also tried Mozilla Firefox unsuccessfully as well.  However, I've noticed that a new popup login procedure is apparently being provided by my Google account and that the use of that new feature bypasses even the offer of password entry for at least one website that was being extremely difficult when I used the traditional ID/password method of logging in.  So perhaps Google was disabling the traditional method of logging in for the MyKaspersky portal.  I do tend to ignore lots and lots of pop-ups because they often seem to largely be a major advertising-gimmick distraction and nuisance.