How to Disable "Removable Drive Scan" Notification

ralfy
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I have several external enclosures attached to the PC. When I turn them on, the antivirus gives the notification “removable drive scan” for each drive. How do I disable the notifications? I checked the settings and “Notify on Screen” is disabled for all options in “Informational.”

I have several external enclosures attached to the PC. When I turn them on, the antivirus gives the notification “removable drive scan” for each drive. How do I disable the notifications? I checked the settings and “Notify on Screen” is disabled for all options in “Informational.”

Hello @ralfy

Welcome!

Toggle the Removable drives scan to OFF, select Save, to apply the change.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Resources:

Removable drive section

Removable drive scan settings

How to run a removable drive scan

• Solution

Thank you. I wonder if it’s possible to maintain scanning of removable drives but not to show notifications unless a drive is infected.

Hello @ralfy

You’re most welcome👌

Unfortunately, no, atm, there is no such facility. 

However, if you wish for Kaspersky Security Cloud, Removable drives scan to have more options,  please raise a Feedback, I have a suggestion request with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the template as in our image, if your software is 21.2, select 21.1 as Kaspersky have not updated their templates, include as much information as possible, so that, the development team, have a clear understanding of how the product could be improved, if the feature(s) was included: 

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.
  • Note: the process may take a very long time, each request is measured against many benchmarks and not all requests are successful. 
  • When feedback from the Kaspersky Technical Team is available, please share it here in the Kaspersky Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Are 21.2 templates, for all home AV software, going to be added/updated please? 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your prompt response

This was the last straw.

This guys took over my laptop , this morning I found “password protection” installed with asking me for approval.
I’m fed up with all the popups and recommendations 

Uninstalling the dam thing 

• 5 weeks later...

Agreed - since the last update I keep getting hounded by these notifications. It is not acceptable that the only way to stop it at the moment is to disable drive scanning. I hope this is truly a bug and not someone’s idea of what people want - I want my AV to do its job silently in the background and not keep insisting I close notifcation windows - it doesn’t even time out - every time I do something on my PC.

Every update I get seems to add more things I don’t want - password protection and uniqueness checking are the latest and I’m sure the installer / upgrader ignores my preferences because they keep coming back.

I’d have to lend our weight to this as well. We have Kaspersky across multiple business machines, and these annoying popup messages are causing serious interruptions to our work.

We’re currently looking for another antivirus solution, as it doesn’ t appear that Kaspersky is interested in doing anything about this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...