How to disable password manager prompt icon

Since recently I have Kaspersky password manager icon prompt next to fillable fields in Chrome. How can I disable this? I tried selecting “Don’t show this again” in the right-click menu, but the prompt icon pops up again and again. 

Thank you,

Hello @Beholder

Welcome!

Re “Kaspersky password manager icon prompt”, do you mean the key, see my first image

• In Chrome, is Kaspersky Password Manager extension enabled or disabled? see my image

Disabling the Kaspersky Password Manger extension will stop the key icon showing in both profile and password fields

If the above does not help, please show me an image of the  “Kaspersky password manager icon prompt”?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

https://help.kaspersky.com/KPM/Win9.2/en-US/85271.htm

In the Autosave and autofill section, you can enable or disable autosave and autofill for accounts, addresses, and bank cards. If autosave and autofill are enabled, Kaspersky Password Manager automatically saves information when you fill out an online form and then fills out online forms for you.

I never installed Kaspersky password manager or password manager extension; Kaspersky protection is installed and active.

See the icon below, the green circle with a key (it pops up on other sign-in forms, or sometimes just fillable forms):

This pops up when I click on the icon: 

Hello @Beholder

Thank you for the information & the images👌

Kaspersky distributes their Kaspersky Home AV software with Kaspersky Password Manager pre-installed. 

Recently, for version 20, they added a (choice) option to not use Kaspersky Password Manager. 

1. May I ask, have you updated your Kaspersky AV software to version 20? 
  2. Which Kaspersky AV software is installed?

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Beholder

Despite rigorous testing, atm, I cannot get the icons😖😥

• May I have an image of the KTS main application window please? 
  • Please right click on both highlighted icons (see image below), select “inspect”, save the data & attach the file to (your) reply please

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Beholder

1. As well as my last reply, I’m not sure if KPM Key 🔑 icons & KPM Protect this account popup screens can be considered “adware/bloatware”🤔 , (imo “yes” if KPM was unchecked during KTS install), however, how is KTS Notifications, Promotions configured please? 
  2. Please also post an image of KTS Notification Centre? 
  3. If Lastpass is disabled, do the KPM prompts persist? 

Please let me know? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Sorry for not participating - I was in transit and once I arrived, my computer broke down and needed repairs. 

I cannot replicate the icon on another PC, either due to a different location, or a different configuration.

I’ll get back to the topic once my broken laptop is fixed (it will take few weeks) and make best efforts to provide the data Flood requested. 

Best, Beholder

Hello @Beholder,

Thank you for the update👌

Whenever you’re ready, I'm more than happy to keep working on this, I just wish I could replicate the pesky icon.
I've installed UK KTS, US KTS, Global KTS & ANZPAC KTS, on 2 of the installs the KTS intro screens offer the option to not install KPM & on one KTS install, it had a KPM page that included the key in circle icon as in your image, but that's it.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

This is happening to me constantly in all my Chrome windows over multiple accounts and I have tried all suggestions but am unable to get rid of it. I have not installed Password protection. Clicking through and checking “don’t show me this again” does nothing. I have never had this problem with Kaspersky before and I certainly don’t like it!

Hello @gmpugh

Welcome!

Please tell me:

Operating system name & version

Kaspersky software name, version & build?

Please post: 

1.  An image of the Kaspersky main application window? 
  2. An image of Kaspersky Notification Centre? 
  3. Right click on the key icon, select “inspect”, save the data & attach the file to (your) reply please? 

• Sometimes Kaspersky releases "campaigns",  in specific geographical locations, this KPM icon issue may fall into that category, may I also know your location, just country, please?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I solved this by going into Control Panel and uninstalling Password Manager, which I had NOT installed myself. Seems that Kaspersky auto-installed this feature and then created annoying pop-ups that don’t go away even when you select “don’t show me this again.”