How to block the built-in Google app for searching, etc.

JR69

May I add that this is really a showstopper problem for me. My kid is browsing /searching thru this mean, with no limit at all (except for search filtering). So please please release this feature, as KSK is a bit useless due to this, it's a really big hole. Your message date back 2 month ago, Google app blocking should already be available. Thanks à lot in advance. 

Hello @langlade.family

Welcome!

Sadly KSK Developers are, (ioo), notoriously slow fixing issues; until they do release a solution, please implement the combined AppLock & KSK workaround, shown in our video above, 20th January 2021. 

Also, even tho there’s multiple reports from parents, on outstanding issues, Kaspersky do request a formal case is logged, we suggest filling in the Feedback, I have a complaint template → tell them why this specific issue is a concern

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Hi !
I have exactly the same pb with my son : I use both KSK and GG Family link, and since the beginning of the blocked time, my son keeps on using google Search without any limitation …. This is a very big hack in that software as he can navigate on google as much as he wants …
2 products and a kid can bypass it !!! even if I block the Wifi access on my fortigate Firewall, he just switch on 4G … :(
Such a shame for a parent in the IT Security field !!! :(
(I also must verify if after an update, the product still works even if we don’t have agreed to the product notices …. I must also check (but i don’t find any post about it), but i think my son remove a parameter in the system config … a one that allowes KSK to act as low level system or something like that … ) … I must wait the perfect timing to pick his phone … (sleeping time lol) and check …
Well anyway please add this function ….
(I know that it’s long because one time there was a bug (a created a request on it) and several months later it was still bugging :( (it was : when you block Youtube, but you allow 1 video, then after he just had to click on an other video on the page to read it without any pb … but i didn’t check it again nowdays, as i bought a Fortigate to control … )

Hello @BrianEarth

Welcome!

1. Re "Google Search/navigate on google": as mentioned several times, in the course of this topic, AppLock & KSK in combination, are an effective solution, have they been implemented? 
  2. Re Wifi, can also be managed via AppLock & KSK in combination. 
  3. Switching on 4G is not done via Google Search, please provide specific information including screenshots; we can & will test everything, if at all possible, however, we need to see what you see?
  4. Re  "removes a system config parameter"; please provide specific information, including screenshots; we can & will test everything, if at all possible, however, we need to see what you see? 
  5. Regarding YouTube, "a created a request on it", does that mean you logged a request with Kaspersky Technical Support? If "yes", great, they will have the Incident reference number & will happily provide you a status update. 
  6. The only "product notice" that can be declined is related to marketing & advertising, if anything related to Privacy Policy, Eula & or TOU is declined/not consented to, the software will not work. Those documents are part of your agreement with Kaspersky & Kaspersky's reciprocal agreement with you. 

Please post back, as well as the above requested information, please provide the following: 

(Your son's):
a. Device name, OS & version?
b. Birth year?
c. Is KSK Premium or Free? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋