How to activate Kaspersky Protection extension.

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

I have checked the extensions , Kaspersky Protection extension is listed and the blue button is switched to on, All I get there is the option to remove or details. I went online and followed Kaspersky’s list to activate but I only got so far and the option for activation was not present. I am not sure where to go from here as I am continually getting notifications from the action centre, very annoying.

I am using Windows 10 on a Laptop

Hope someone can help with this please.☹

Cheers

Curley54

I have checked the extensions , Kaspersky Protection extension is listed and the blue button is switched to on, All I get there is the option to remove or details. I went online and followed Kaspersky’s list to activate but I only got so far and the option for activation was not present. I am not sure where to go from here as I am continually getting notifications from the action centre, very annoying. I am using Windows 10 on a Laptop. Hope someone can help with this please.☹

Cheers, Curley54

Hello @Curley54

Welcome back!

It helps us to know please:

1. KIS version & patch(x) - see tutorial below for help finding the information
  2. W10, version & build - see tutorial below for help finding the information
  3. Which browser have you installed Kaspersky protection extension in: Chrome, Firefox, Edge Chromium? 
  4. Which Kaspersky protection extension version
  5. In the KIS Notification centre, to the right of the Kaspersky Protection extension Recommendation, is there an option to Ignore (after selecting the tiny dropdown arrow V) ?

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳🐋

Read before you create a new topic! tutorial by @Danila T. 

I have checked the extensions , Kaspersky Protection extension is listed and the blue button is switched to on, All I get there is the option to remove or details. I went online and followed Kaspersky’s list to activate but I only got so far and the option for activation was not present. I am not sure where to go from here as I am continually getting notifications from the action centre, very annoying. I am using Windows 10 on a Laptop. Hope someone can help with this please.☹

Cheers, Curley54

Hello @Curley54

Welcome back!

It helps us to know please:

1. KIS version & patch(x) - see tutorial below for help finding the information
  2. W10, version & build - see tutorial below for help finding the information
  3. Which browser have you installed Kaspersky protection extension in: Chrome, Firefox, Edge Chromium? 
  4. Which Kaspersky protection extension version
  5. In the KIS Notification centre, to the right of the Kaspersky Protection extension Recommendation, is there an option to Ignore (after selecting the tiny dropdown arrow V) ?

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳🐋

Read before you create a new topic! tutorial by @Danila T. 

Thank you so much Flood, your suggestion number 5 stopped it at least, it was becomming a anuisance popping up all the time. Do you know if I really need Protection Extension at all?, if so I will look at it another time to activate. 

Thank you so much for your time.

Cheers 

Curley54

• Solution

Thank you so much Flood, your suggestion number 5 stopped it at least, it was becoming a a nuisance popping up all the time. Do you know if I really need Protection Extension at all?, if so I will look at it another time to activate.  Thank you so much for your time. Cheers, Curley54

Hello @Curley54

You’re most welcome☺ !

We’re delighted the notifications have stopped, well done👏

Using the Kaspersky protection extension is not mandatory, KIS application provides the same functionality, but, it sounds as tho, in the first instance, the Kaspersky protection extension did not install correctly; it’s not a difficult process to install & activate → How to install & enable the Kaspersky Protection extension in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge Chromium; if you wish to tackle it at some stage. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Kaspersky browser extension is for better interaction with web pages, so it is an optional option.
But unfortunately, there are some errors in Kaspersky page interaction. I cannot reproduce them stably. It will make mistakes from time to time (anti-advertising failure). Therefore, if you want to avoid such problems, please turn off script injection and anti Advertising, anti-tracking. You can use Adblock Plus instead of Kaspersky’s protection for better results.