How to 2 set up two KPWM profiles on the same laptop

Bassett

Recently got a second hand computer and husband set it up for me, but he put his version of KPWM on it.   It would be handy to keep his, despite it not being my profile.  So question is,  how to add my own KPWM bank of passwords  profile as well on the **SAME device.** ?

in short can you have two PW profiles on one device, and if so, how to set it up like that, so the Master PW that you enter on the device determines which 'bank' of passwords it accesses? 

On 2/25/2023 at 8:33 PM, Bassett said:

Recently got a secondhand computer and husband set it up for me, but he put his version of KPWM on it.   It would be handy to keep his, despite it not being my profile.  So question is, how to add my own KPWM bank of passwords profile as well on the **SAME *?

1. in short can you have two PW profiles on one device, and if so, how to set it up like that, so the Master PW that you enter on the device determines which 'bank' of passwords it accesses? 

Hello @Bassett

Welcome!

• ?Question: Do you & your husband have two separate KPM software licenses?? 
  1. The KPM Master password doesn't determine the 'ownership' of the passwords being accessed; the email account that is signed into KPM does that. 
  2. For two people to use the same KPM software, it's necessary for the current user to sign-out & the next user to select Use another account, this brings up a new login screen, person two logs in & as long as they're logged in the active KPM vault is assigned to them, but only if there's provision for more than one KPM User account & or more than one KPM software license.  

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
modified 2

Thanks for replying. We have one licence and my husband and I share it.  He has his own bank of passwords and logs on using his individual master password, and before I had problems with old computer, I was logging in to my own 'bank' of passwords (stored in KPWM) on old computer using my own unique password to access them.   Now, we have a 'new to us' second hand machine.  Husband set the PC and PW Mgr up on this second hand machine with his KPWM login that when KPWM pops up it is all linked to his master password.      I haven't got another Total security licence separately any more as about two months ago when mine ran out, hubby still had more devices allowable on his licence/account.   Does that help explain our set up?   

So at the moment if I log out of just KPWM and try using my master login it doesn't recognise it.  If I log out of the whole thing then I've not got another account to log in with because my bank of passwords is already linked with hubby's main Total security License already.

Does this set up mean I can't access my own password bank on this computer we're sharing then, even though when if I went back to my old pc I could access my separate KPWM bank?

Hello @Bassett

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the information!

The only way for this to work is IF the software license is for two (2) or more User accounts OR there's more than one software license

IF the software license is a one (1) User account license, irrespective of how many devices it's for, the license cannot be shared with anyone else. IF it's one (1) User account, the same license can be installed on as many devices as the license covers, but the only person who will have access to KPM is the owner of the software license. 

IF the license is for two (2) or more User accounts, the owner of the license is able to share the license, that would enable (you) to have your own KPM. 

Kaspersky Total Security includes KPM, but it must be for more than one User account for KPM to be available for each user - see image:

image.thumb.jpeg.29bdf7a141237fcde7adb97378fa55be.jpeg

A KPM license cannot be shared:

image.thumb.jpeg.5b37045213f6b0fa48bdb7ad48793964.jpeg

1. Just for clarification, are you saying, atm, on the old computer, there's an expired Kaspersky Total Security software license, but you still have access to the full Premium KPM - not limited? 

Please advise? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added bolding || added KPM single

Thanks for another informative reply.   Hubby has a licence which is for up to 10 devices I believe.    I don't think on the old computer there is the old licence dormant but expired as before it started playing up I had activated one of the 'lives' from OH account.   I sitll have unlimited active access on my devices including phones to PH KPM, I'm not sure if its premium but I use KPWM still a lot and have full access on phones and  when old pc decides to work on that as well.

Thanks for another informative reply.   Hubby has a licence which is for up to 10 devices I believe.    I don't think on the old computer there is the old licence dormant but expired as before it started playing up I had activated one of the 'lives' from OH account.   I still have unlimited active access on my devices including phones to PH KPM, I'm not sure if its premium but I use KPWM still a lot and have full access on phones and  when old pc decides to work on that as well.

post script.   I will write this up in case someone else out there wants to know how to have two vaults accessible on one device.  Just found out from tech support you have to log out of the whole of Kaspersky - my kaspersky and then enter password for the other user for the whole of Total security .  It then gives you a captcha, and you put that in, and then put in the logon for KPWM  of the 2nd user of the device.

Edited by Bassett
  • Thanks 1