How Many My Kaspersky Accounts Can Be Linked to One Multi-Device License? [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Question as above. I have a 3 device license of KIS installed on one of my device and now would to share it with my wife who has her own device with her own My Kaspersky Account. Sharing a single account is obviously not ideal in terms of Security and Privacy.

Thanks

Hello  @neo_zerox,

Welcome!

KIS Premium 3 device license will allow for KIS to be installed on 3 devices (as you know), however, it’s a single software license. It also installs Kaspersky Password Manager, Premium, which is one (& the same) KPM vault on each device. 

Your wife (has) & can have a MyKaspersky account, however, unless it is the same account as you have (same email address/same password), your wife’s account will not reflect the KIS Premium license. 

Kaspersky Security Cloud Family license, is the software that allows for multiple, non-shared, user accounts.

Please post back if you need any clarification?

Thank you. 

MyKaspersky Library

KIS Library

KSCloud Library

Hello  @neo_zerox,

Welcome!

KIS Premium 3 device license will allow for KIS to be installed on 3 devices (as you know), however, it’s a single software license. It also installs Kaspersky Password Manager, Premium, which is one (& the same) KPM vault on each device. 

Your wife (has) & can have a MyKaspersky account, however, unless it is the same account as you have (same email address/same password), your wife’s account will not reflect the KIS Premium license. 

Kaspersky Security Cloud Family license, is the software that allows for multiple, non-shared, user accounts.

Please post back if you need any clarification?

Thank you. 

MyKaspersky Library

KIS Library

KSCloud Library

Hi @FLOOD , thanks for the reply!

So to clarify, I would not be able to link the license with my wife’s account as well (i.e. I wouldn’t be able to enter the 20 alphanumeric Activation code in my wife’s account). Hence, when she logs in to her account, she won’t be seeing her device in her My Kaspersky dashboard (since I activated her KIS with my codes) while I would be able to see her device under my own My Kaspersky account (and initiate scans/updates/etc remotely from it). Is that all correct?

Thanks

Hello  @neo_zerox,

You’re very welcome! Thank you for posting back. 

“When she logs in to her account, she won’t be seeing her device in her My Kaspersky dashboard

Correct.  

I would be able to see her device under my own My Kaspersky account, and initiate scans/updates/etc remotely from it.”

Correct. 

KIS software is installed on 2 computers, however, the license/activation code is assigned to one account/email address, used once.

The account (email address) can be changed, however, multiple accounts/email addresses cannot be added. 

Best regards. 

• 2 months later...

Hello @James_o1,

Welcome!

If there’s a single User license for multiple devices, it’s your choice who you share it with.

However, there will only be one MyKaspersky account, if for example 2Factor Authentication is set up, it’s managed by one account, any functions that require the MyKaspersky account will always be via the one MyKaspersky account. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• Solution

He

Hi Guys, thanks so much for the reply, my concern is by having log into my Kaspersky account the other users can access my computer! is that possible? or they just can initiate search or update on the Kaspersky application?  Thanks 

Hello @James_o1

You’re very welcome👌

Anyone who has access to the MyKaspersky account cannot access your computer, for example your documents & files, however, the MyKaspersky account is a powerful component of (your) Kaspersky software.

Access to the MyKaspersky account enables the following:

• Make changes to, and or access MyKaspersky Account settings:

Name
Email address
Password
Security
Bank card
Order history
Activation codes
Consents
Data provision
Delete account

• Manage 2FA.
  • View & manage Kaspersky application Notifications. 
  • Turn on or turn off Kaspersky protection components of Kaspersky applications installed on your devices.
  • Run Kaspersky application Full Scan. 
  • Run Kaspersky application Quick Scan. 
  • Run Kaspersky application Database Update.
  • View information about Kaspersky software licenses and their terms.
  • Disconnect the MyKaspersky account from the device. 
  • Download purchased, free or trial Kaspersky applications.
  • Access & manage KPM, only with KPM Master password. 
  • Contact Technical Support and manage any incident requests raised via the MyKaspersky portal. 
  • If KIS is installed on an Android, remotely lock the mobile device, locate it, and protect private data.

Kaspersky’s contractual obligations are with & to the sofware License holder. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳