How do I stop my daughter from stopping Kid Safe?

graziano68

Hello

again ? Sorry what's not clear in the video ?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qbQSux4JKCplc3plm3PW28YFaUSWwXeY/view?usp=sharing

It's simply such as counting to 3 , I unlocked the phone right now

1 simply reboot the phone, and click the "Batteria Ultra" icon when the phone restart
2 I wait the message windows to activate the "Risparmio energetico" mode and I click over "attiva ora"
3 done ! In "Risparmio energetico" mode Safe kids will NOT start . After this step I can exit from
"Risparmio energetico" and I could also uninstall Safe kids.

I explained it a lot of time , sorry what's not clear ?

Hi. Any resolve for this yet?
The video is very clear & my child’s phone is using Android 9
Same issue. If you reboot the phone it is simple to quickly enter the forbidden systems on the phone, such as “settings” & “Play Store” etc, etc, etc!!!
Not fit for purpose at this current time!
Have sent a ticket to the Lab. Awaiting reply but I reckon I will get a faster, straight forward, reply from yourself.
All the best, Steve

Hello @Stevenewly

Welcome!

I was unable to replicate @graziano68’s scenarios & he’s never updated his topic with the outcome of consulting with Kaspersky Technical Support. 

In my tests, with (phone) Settings, PlayStore etc blocked/forbidden, no access was possible at any time

Kaspersky Technical Support may take up to 5 business days to respond, however, they most certainly will. 

Please let us know their advice when it’s available?

Thank you

Flood

Hello @Stevenewly

Welcome!

I was unable to replicate @graziano68’s scenarios & he’s never updated his topic with the outcome of consulting with Kaspersky Technical Support. 

In my tests, with (phone) Settings, PlayStore etc blocked/forbidden, no access was possible at any time

Kaspersky Technical Support may take up to 5 business days to respond, however, they most certainly will. 

Please let us know their advice when it’s available?

Thank you

Flood

Ok. Will do. Im having the exact same issue as shown in the video in the thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all

I read this post and all replys in it as I googled today the same topic as described in this post…

My son (11) is using Huawei mate 20 (android 9) i think and he found the way to turn off Kaspersky too.

First time I thought it was a bug or some stupid coincidence in the phone but now it happened the second time.…

I took his phone today and I restarted Kaspersky... i must say I handle technical devices quite well but I didn't find the way KSK could be turned off…

I find explanation as described in this post possible (power safe mode) but i didnt try... my son naturaly didn't admit he turned off KSK and sure didn't reveal how he did it…

But seems like there is a way, and kids knows the path... :)))

I dissabeled the power safe mode to see if this is the bridge as someone mentioned above.

Thumbs up for some usefull advices how to solve this problem.

Basically, if I restarted the phone I could quickly access any of the locked apps before the security booted up.

Once interrupted as fast as possible after starting this would stop Kaspersky from self booting.

In the end I deleted the app & bought a product key [from another Anti-Virus]

Cost me £ ..,.. for as many devices as I wanted & it's working great.

All children's forbidden apps now locked with no possibility, that I or they have found, to access things I don't want them to.

Hello all,  I read this post and all replys in it as I googled today the same topic as described in this post… My son (11) is using Huawei mate 20 (android 9) i think and he found the way to turn off Kaspersky too.

Hello @Stenmark77

Welcome!

• When KSK was installed on the Huawei, how was Automatic restart configured? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@FLOOD 

Hi.

They wanted me to download some updated version along with a monitoring file. After that I was asked to search for some file on my phone, can't remember the name now, & send this to them for investigation.

Going by the previous unresolved cases I simply did not bother.

I expect things like this to work straight off & need no work from myself.

I had been a user of Kaspersky myself for years but this issue has seen me swap to McAfee on all devices as I had the option of doing so with the licence key I got.

@FLOOD Hello

• When KSK was installed on the Huawei, how was Automatic restart configured? 

I am not sure i understand the restart settings question. When I installed app on my phone (samsung - parent phone) and on my sons phone (Huawei) I wasnt ask to configure this settings or to restart the device after app installation… I have made the installation in Nov.2019 when I bought him a new phone…

Not sure how he did it but I suspect he found the way like Mr. Graziano68 daughter... i must be something with this reboot / power safe mode in which app can be dissabeled.…

The trick is parent phone should be notified that app on device ××-××-×× is turned off or uninstalled. This might help, but he was left with no control instead for over 14 days...  So on random check i realized that KSK app is turned off; it happened twice so i am almost sure it was not a coincidence ;)

I do not like to be sneaking on my sons device or play a detective, but I also like to feel calm while he explores things on web without my presence... I must say "history" was quite interesting for 11y.o. boy in the period KSK didnt work.

Greets and thx for help.

Stenmark