How do I remove this Kaspersky folder?

Lester
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Basically, a couple years ago (2020) I had KTS. I deleted it a while ago but I still have this Kaspersky Lab folder in appdata\local which contains a Kaspersky Password Manager inside. When I try to enter/delete, I need to give it permission and when I try to give it permission it says I can't and I need to use the security tab. Is this normal and how can I remove it? I also have an AV folder created around the same time as when I installed KTS inside of program files\common files

Hello @Lester

Welcome!

1. Yes, it is normal, some Kaspersky folders, files permissions are not designed to be shared. 
  2. Run the system in Safe Mode, refer: How to start your PC in Safe Mode - you'll be able to delete the folders/files/objects. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Just now, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Lester

Welcome!

1. Yes, it is normal, some Kaspersky folders, files permissions are not designed to be shared. 
  2. Run the system in Safe Mode, refer: How to start your PC in Safe Mode you'll be able to delete the folders/files/objects. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

So the Kaspersky Lab folder is supposed to be there correct? Also I saw an "AV" folder in program files\common files and I'm wondering if it's made by KTS and safe to delete as well. Another thing though: If I wanted to install KIS do I need to remove these files?

15 minutes ago, Lester said:
  1. So, the Kaspersky Lab folder is supposed to be there, correct?
  2. Also, I saw an "AV" folder in program files\common files and I'm wondering if it's made by KTS and safe to delete as well.
  3. Another thing though: If I wanted to install KIS do I need to remove these files?

Hello @Lester

You're most welcome!

1. No, IF Kaspersky software has/had been removed successfully, there should not be a Kaspersky Lab folder.
  2. Go to the AV folder Properties tab & post back a full screen image - we need more information please? 
  3. Not mandatory, however, it sounds as if a previous uninstall may not have been complete, so cleaning up the system is recommended before installing any software. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

2 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Lester

You're most welcome!

1. No, IF Kaspersky software has/had been removed successfully, there should not be a Kaspersky Lab folder.
  2. Go to the AV folder Properties tab & post back a full screen image - we need more information please? 
  3. Not mandatory, however, it sounds as if a previous uninstall may not have been complete, so cleaning up the system is recommended before installing any software. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife, here is a screenshot. Also, is there anyway to delete Kaspersky Lab folder without safe mode?

image.png.9414b26f4066d32422f09e0242a96e05.png

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lester said:
  1. image C:\Program Files\Common Files\AV - 0 folders, 0 files; read only. 
  2. Is there any way to delete Kaspersky Lab folder without safe mode?

Hello @Lester

Thank you for the image & additional question. 

1. C:\Program Files\Common Files\AV can be deleted. 
  2. Well, you could do a full reinstall of the operating system, but it's faster, safer & easier to run the computer in Safe Mode & do some housekeeping (ioo).  

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Just now, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Lester

Thank you for the image & additional question. 

1. C:\Program Files\Common Files\AV can be deleted. 
  2. Well, you could reinstall the operating system, but it's faster, safer & easier to run the computer in Safe Mode & do some housekeeping (ioo).  

Thank you?
Flood?+?

The AV folder is something left over from KTS though correct?

8 minutes ago, Lester said:

The AV folder is something left over from KTS though, correct?

Hello @Lester

You're most welcome!

1. Yes, this is a Kaspersky Community, where advice if given about Kaspersky software; IF C:\Program Files\Common Files\AV did not belong to Kaspersky we would not have given you advice to delete it. 
  2. (Your) AV folder has 0 folders & 0 files, because primarily most of KTS has been uninstalled, but there's some residual folders/files; originally, had you looked at the AV folder when KTS was installed, it would have looked similar to:

image.png.658880509114f688f2b1ddf74556695e.png

Thank you?
Flood?+?

corrected spelling

7 minutes ago, Lester said:
  • @Flood and Flood's wife Hold on I have just figured out something. I can delete the Kaspersky Password Manager and Kaspersky Lab folders, but I just can't view what's inside the password manager folder.
  1. If I delete it does it delete whatever is inside as well?
  1. Yes.
  2. When you install KIS, will you be installing Kaspersky Password Manager? 
  3. When KTS was installed, did you previously use Kaspersky Password Manager?
  4. Before uninstalling Kaspersky Password Manager, was a Kaspersky Password Manager backup run? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

9 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:
  1. Yes.
  2. When you install KIS, will you be installing Kaspersky Password Manager? 
  3. When KTS was installed, did you previously use Kaspersky Password Manager?
  4. Before uninstalling Kaspersky Password Manager, was a Kaspersky Password Manager backup run? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hi, thanks for the answer. When I install KIS I do not plan to use KPM as I already have another password manager. When I did use KTS, I never really used KPM, it just automatically got installed with the antivirus and VPN. When I uninstalled, I don't remember doing any backups but I am not sure. I don't think so as I never really used it to begin with.

Hello @Lester

You're most welcome!

1. Before you install any more Kaspersky software, do some housekeeping, get rid of all existing Kaspersky folders & files. 
  2. ⚠️Before & when installing/uninstalling any Kaspersky software - always read & follow all documentation. 
  3. ?IF you ever do decide to install / use Kaspersky Password Manager, don't lose the Master password; Kaspersky does not keep it, Kaspersky cannot recover it; if you lose or forget the KPM Master password you'll lose access to everything in the KPM Vault?
  4. IF you ever do decide to install / use Kaspersky Password Manager *always* make a KPM vault Backup before making any major changes. 
  5. In the future, if you get stuck & need help from the Community, share the following information, if it's available:

Thank you?
Flood?+?

5 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Lester

You're most welcome!

1. Before you install any more Kaspersky software, do some housekeeping, get rid of all existing Kaspersky folders & files. 
  2. ⚠️Before & when installing/uninstalling any Kaspersky software - always read & follow all documentation. 
  3. ?IF you ever do decide to install / use Kaspersky Password Manager, don't lose the Master password; Kaspersky does not keep it, Kaspersky cannot recover it; if you lose or forget the KPM Master password you'll lose access to everything in the KPM Vault?
  4. IF you ever do decide to install / use Kaspersky Password Manager *always* make a KPM vault Backup before making any major changes. 
  5. In the future, if you get stuck & need help from the Community, share the following information, if it's available:

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife, what's the best way to check if I have any folder left? I am not sure where to look.

• Solution
17 minutes ago, Lester said:
  1.  I do have a event log called Kaspersky Event Log though that I can view in Event Viewer under Applications and Service Logs.

Hello @Lester

You're most welcome!

1. The Kaspersky Event Log in the Microsoft Event Viewer is not a problem. Leave it alone. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?