How do I disable the "Secure Keyboard Input is enabled" pop-up WITHOUT disabling the Secure Input feature itself?

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello @Alex586,

Welcome!

1. Does the keyboard “tooltip” happen irrespective of browser used?
  2. Is the keyboard “tooltip” generated by KTS?
  3. Is any Password Manager software in use?
  4. Is KTS SafeMoney browser used when the keyboard “tooltip” happens? 
  5. May I have an image please?
  6. Have any configuration changes been made to Secure Data Input Settings:

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏  

Flood🐳

• 1 year later...

I tried looking for an answer for this, but every time I found a topic about it, people would always assume that the issue is with the Secure Keyboard Input feature itself, so let me be clear: I don’t want to get rid of Secure Keyboard Input. I LIKE that feature in and of itself. I like the idea that my keystrokes aren’t being logged. What I want to get rid of is the little popup TELLING me that’s what it’s doing. Every. Single. Time.

I know Secure Keyboard Input is enabled and that little popup is not only completely unnecessary, it actively hinders me because it always pops up in front of whatever dropdown suggestions an input box has.

Please tell me there’s some way to get rid of the stupid thing. Because I refuse to believe that asking to have a box you can uncheck for “Tell me Secure Keyboard Input is enabled every time” is either difficult or unreasonable.

That is turned off. The popup still appears.

Hello @Killeriguana

Thank you for posting back!

1. Post an image of the "Secure Keyboard Input is enabled" pop-up → we need to see what you see? 
  2. & provide the information as per the Read before you create a new topic!, tutorial by @Danila T. ? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

• Solution

Hello @Killeriguana,

Thank you for posting back, the information & the image👌

We contacted support, they said:

The quick launch icon in the data entry field is referring to the tiny keyboard icon (number 1 in our image), where you may click and open the On-Screen Keyboard.

If you uncheck “Show quick launch icon in data entry fields” option, the tiny keyboard icon will not show. 

Support went on to say: 

We (Kaspersky) do not have an option to turn off the pop-up (number 2 in our image), if the Secure Keyboard is turned on in the background.

All you can do is to close (click x) the pop-up notice.

That's the only way you can make the pop-up disappear as this is a feature by design.

We asked:

Don't you think, if *Show quick launch icon in data entry fields* is unchecked & the tiny keyboard icon is *no longer visible*, it would make sense that the Secure keyboard input is enabled pop-up would also not show? Isn't that commonsense? 

Support said: 

That's two different things.

On-Screen Keyboard allows users to use the on-screen keyboard to type without using a physical keyboard.
Secure Data Input is a protection feature that prevents keylogging applications to capture keystrokes.

As I said before, we do not have the option to make the pop-up disappear. The user can just close the prompt and that's it. 

I will suggest this feedback to our team.

Note, (ioe) “suggestions” don’t get very far in the Kaspersky bubble; they appear to dedicate a lot of resources to implementing cosmetic changes, not fixing things that would help their subscribers?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Right. Well, I suppose that answers that. Ah well.

Still, thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it - you certainly went above and beyond, particularly considering the face I was being… less than helpful to begin with (sorry again about that).

And, who knows, maybe there will be some movement on the matter. There’s always hope.

Right. Well, I suppose that answers that. Ah well. 

Still, thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it - you certainly went above and beyond, particularly considering the face I was being… less than helpful to begin with (sorry again about that). 

And, who knows, maybe there will be some movement on the matter. There’s always hope.

Hello @Killeriguana,

You’re more than welcome☺ !

Do not worry, we’re used to it😅 & we’re more than happy to help; we “learnt” something too! Not that we’re happy about it. Again (ioo), if Kaspersky improved their documentation, many of these questions would already be answered. 

We wish we had your confidence → they will close the suggestion & tell us “if we would like to know anything about it in the future to contact them again”, which means raising another incident request & going thru the laborious process of explaining to the support agent, again… &…. ?

Are you familiar with a film called Ground hog day?

Don’t watch it!

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Oh, I didn’t say it was likely, it’s just possible. When I say there’s hope, I don’t mean I think it’s going to happen. That’s not hope, that’s optimism - they’re connected, of course, but still different.

Hope doesn’t mean you believe things will go as you want, it just means you believe they can and you desire that they would. That’s what people mean when they say “I hope x”, after all.

Forgive the semantic tangent, just a little thing I feel strongly about. Rest assured, I am under no illusions that it’s in any way probable. Just that, well, you never know.

Still, for the moment, I can content myself that the program is mostly very good, even if annoying at times.

• 2 weeks later...

I came here to find an answer for the same, I recently switched to the Kaspersky trial from Avast and love its protection and features, it’s so much better than Avast. But WOW this popup absolutely kills it for me. I won’t be buying a subscription because of it, it’s the most annoying thing I’ve ever experienced while using software. I truly hope they remove it in the future.

• 1 month later...

I agree with @Killeriguana.  This is a very annoying feature to have the box pop up every single time I type in a web field.  It completely blocks the drop down suggestions or drop down field options and I have to click it out of the way.  Sometimes it is very time-sensitive actions I am taking and that slows things down. 

Please add this to an update!  Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with those annoyed by this “feature”. Why do I need to be told something is doing what it is, while blocking things I need to act on?? Terrible design, and I would think easily remedied if they wanted to.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, for me it needs to go. Some of the time sensitive work related actions I am performing are being hindered by the fact that this “feature” cannot be turned off.

I love kaspersky total security, I absolutely hate this “pop up” reminder that kaspersky is doing its’ job - as a customer I want something that is efficient, silent, and the best at what it does.

That is why I subscribe and exactly the reason I ditched Avast - it was was interfering with my workflow too much.