How do I block a device from being used?

grounded_roamer

19 hours ago, grounded_roamer said:

I couldn't see any "monitoring" in the menus.

Hello @grounded_roamer

You're most welcome!

Apologies for the delay, a few network issues & trying to work out the best way to share the info with you, hope this covers it:

In (your) MyKaspersky account, select the Kids tab, select Device use, select Settings, select the device to be blocked - toggle the Block device on - to automatically block the device when the time limit is reached, noting, (you) may have to zero out the Hours of use or Schedule(s), depending on what you've configured. 

• Note 1: Calls and SMS will continue to work = security feature Kaspersky have determined is necessary to be available to protect kids (in case of emergency).
  • Note 2: KSK has no Kill switch, despite the fact the feature has been requested by parents on many occasions, such a necessary feature. 
  • Movie, to give you an idea of how Block is configured 
  • Before & after images - kid's phone - Block has been applied - edit - adding movies after saving, keeps dropping out - sigh

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, grounded_roamer said:
  1. I expected a much simpler solution ...
  2. If I can vote on a 'kill switch' (as in Note 2 above) - please provide a link and I'll add my vote.

Hello @grounded_roamer

You're most welcome!

1. IF only, sadly, there's no such thing? & after you've done it 1/2 a dozen times you may find a local hardline solution is more suited to your requirements; Kaspersky have managed to implement a nice KILL switch for their KVPN so, we live in hope...
  2. Again, sadly no voting, it's a laborious process, but we encourage you to go thru it - at least once: go to the support page, fill in an Email or Chat, then select Feedback, I have a Suggestion, or Feedback, I have a Complaint template - provide a detailed history & explanation/reasons for the request.
  • Support will submit the request to the relevant team(s) & provide you with feedback.
  • Support will also close the request & tell you to "keep an eye out to see if it's every implemented" & if you want information about it in the future - to log another request?
  • Note, not all requests/suggestions are implemented & those that are, may take a long time, sometimes a very long time

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available?
Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1