How can i upgrade my KTS to Kaspersky Plus

11 minutes ago, yash said:

Will it be free, or I have to purchase a new subscription, since I already have an year of subscription left.

Hello @yash

Welcome!

No, upgrading from KTS to Kaspersky Plus is not free?, it's necessary to purchase a new subscription, read: Frequently asked questions (FAQ) Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium, by Danila T.

Thank you?

Flood?+?

20 minutes ago, yash said:

Is it possible to upgrade KTS to Kaspersky standard for free , since KIS user can do it

Hello @yash

Welcome back!

No, Kaspersky have not included KTS in the free upgrade programme, for any of their existing products:

• Kaspersky Anti-Virus = Basic 
  • Kaspersky Internet Security = Standard
  • Kaspersky Security Cloud = Plus

IF you wish to upgrade KTS to any of the new software, you need to pay a new subscription. We also have an existing KTS subscription; personally, we are going to wait until our KTS subscription expires, before we spend any more $$$$.

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yash said:

Thanks for the info, but it is really weird of them not providing free upgrade to their best legacy product.

Hello @yash

You're most welcome!

Agreed, we do not understand either &, to date, no-one in the Kaspersky team, has been able to provide an explanation that makes any sense.

Thank you?  

Flood?+?

• Like 2

В 10.08.2022 в 12:20, Flood and Flood's wife сказал:

Agreed, we do not understand either &, to date, no-one in the Kaspersky team, has been able to provide an explanation that makes any sense.

in fact, no one said that upgrading from KTS to Kaspersky Plus would be paid. Or I missed something...

Was written: 

Цитата

But KTS customers will be allowed to renew with and upgrade to Kaspersky Plus.

So it remains to wait for the release.

11 hours ago, andrew75 said:

in fact, no one said that upgrading from KTS to Kaspersky Plus would be paid. Or I missed something...

Was written: 

So it remains to wait for the release.

Hello @andrew75

Read @Danila T.comments in topic raised by @Guardián XMigrate from KTS 21.3 to Kaspersky Plus 21.5

Thank you?  

Flood?+?

23 minutes ago, yash said:

Sorry for bothering you again, but every time I put my KTS license on renewal page it keeps showing me KTS renewal option instead of plus, how can I renew for a plus subscription then?

Hello @yash

Welcome back!

It's no bother?

• IF the renewal page only goes to KTS, not Kaspersky Plus, it means Kaspersky Plus is not yet available in *your* region
  1. Which *region* are you in please? 

Thank you?  

Flood?+?

At the end of last year I bought a digital KTS activation code/licence for 10 devices/2 years on Amazon.co.uk This is my backup code to be used in April 2023 when my current activation will expire. 

Kaspersky Plus is now available in UK. Will I be able to use current KTS activation to switch to Kaspersky Plus and then in April 2023 backup activation to renew Kaspersky Plus?

If this is possible is there a link to the guide showing how to do this?

If not possible will the backup activation code still be valid in April 2023 for use on KTS?

Will the Kaspersky Plus subscription also applies to Android devices?

6 hours ago, Kruk07 said:

At the end of last year I bought a digital KTS activation code/licence for 10 devices/2 years on Amazon.co.uk This is my backup code to be used in April 2023 when my current activation will expire. 

1. Kaspersky Plus is now available in UK. Will I be able to use current KTS activation to switch to Kaspersky Plus and then in April 2023 backup activation to renew Kaspersky Plus?
  2. If this is possible is there a link to the guide showing how to do this?
  3. If not possible will the backup activation code still be valid in April 2023 for use on KTS?
  4. Will the Kaspersky Plus subscription also applies to Android devices?

Hello @Kruk07

Welcome back!

1. Also, no, you have to buy a new subscription for Kaspersky Plus, but, read comments by @Danila T., in topic Migrate from KTS 21.3 to Kaspersky Plus 21.5
  2. The Kaspersky Basic | Standard | Plus - About Subscription is a *starting* point in the Online help library, it's best to log a request with Kaspersky Support, select either Chat or Email, fill in Activation & License issues, Other template; Support will guide you. 
  3. (ioo), IF & when Kaspersky do decommission KTS, they will still have to honor existing, valid activation codes; it's not easy getting clear information -> on August 12th, 2022, Kaspersky support advised us: "Soon we will phase out KTS which is why there are no ETA." Frankly we were / are shocked by the "soon"; we hope they've simply been careless with their words. IF you contact Support, please ask them?
  4. Yes, atm the KTS subscription covers installing KIS Premium software on an Android, the Kaspersky Plus subscription will cover installing Kaspersky Standard on an Android.
  • Please share any Support feedback, with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• Thanks 1

Thanks

For a time being I will stick to KTS as long as they will be regularly updating the database. I will not give up the 2y/10 devices licences for free.

Maybe they will change their mind re free move from KTS to Kaspersky Plus and honour the KTS license.

Again many thanks for the responses.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kruk07 said:

For a time being I will stick to KTS as long as they will be regularly updating the database. I will not give up the 2y/10 devices licences for free.

Hello @Kruk07

You're most welcome!

The comments we thought may interest you were, when @avplab asked:

"I have a valid KTS license that will be expired in 2025. If I bought one year Kaspersky Plus license, will I have a Kaspersky Plus license that will be expired in 2026?"

@Danila T., replied: Yes. ?

------------

?

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Thanks, but this make sense only if Kaspersky Plus is subscribed in 2025 (at the end of the validity of KTS license).

So this suggests only that KTS application can be used till around 2025 and then new subscription for Kaspersky Plus app.

I actually was on chat with Kaspersky Support. Please see below:

Support: KTS license can't be converted to Kaspersky Plus. Please use KTS until expires then only purchase Kaspersky Plus.

Also:

Q: will KTS still be working fine through 2023-2025?

A: It will work until year 2025

Q: will Kaspersky still be updating the KTS database?

A: Yes can be updated.

Q: KTS licenses are still available to buy on Kaspersky UK and Amazon UK, when this will be blocked?

A: The license is still sold in our official website in fact. We re not able to advice you on when it will be block. As KTS is still working and not stop for now.

So this suggests that KTS will be still available for another 2 years. But this can change. They are still selling old products licenses so they need to honour this or refund customers regardless of channel they used to buy keys (as long as from legal source ? ).

We just need to see and wait. I still hope they will move KTS to Plus for free ?

So it looks like that in my case I just need to use what I have stocked and in 2025 move to Kaspersky Plus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kruk07 said:
  1. Re "...Kaspersky Plus is subscribed in 2025....etc."
  2. This suggests that KTS will be still available for another 2 years.
  3. But this can change.
  4. They are still selling old products licenses so they need to honour this or refund customers regardless of channel they used to buy keys (as long as from legal source ? ).
  5. We just need to see and wait. I still hope they will move KTS to Plus for free ?
  6. So it looks like that in my case I just need to use what I have stocked and in 2025 move to Kaspersky Plus.

Hello @Kruk07

Thank you for the feedback & your proactive efforts, that's gold?

1. Apologies, we thought it matched your circumstance?
  2. It'd be good if they all sang from the same songbook, in the space of 72hrs they've gone from "Soon we will phase out KTS" to "KTS will work until year 2025"
  3. Agreed.
  4. They do. 
  5. Agreed & so do we. 
  6. Same here, who knows what will be in 2025?

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to How can i upgrade my KTS to Kaspersky Plus
  • 4 weeks later...