Hello, I would like to inquire about how to set up a proxy server for Kaspersky Endpoint Security. What are the basic steps to start?

Go to solution Solved by ElvinE5,

Hello, I would like to inquire about how to set up a proxy server for Kaspersky Endpoint Security. What are the basic steps to start?

1.Do I need to create my own proxy server by finding a system to set up and then have other client machines point to the proxy server?

2.Normally, can the endpoint installed on computers create its own proxy server and allow other client computers to point to the proxy server?"

I have initially configured the Proxy server Config on Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud and downloaded the installer to computer 10.10.2.4, which will serve as the Kaspersky Proxy server. Can you confirm if my approach is correct?

image.thumb.png.51a73e03f95390a7e1800bbe609df079.png

Edited by KISANA INTARSEN

• Solution

I guess that's not what you're really thinking...

here's the thing about this setting  - https://support.kaspersky.com/Cloud/1.0/en-US/138008.htm

is in simple words ...if your office (on the ground) uses a proxy to access the internet .... you can specify it in the package settings so that clients can connect to the server using these proxy settings ...

if you have for example several branches and each branch has its own proxy server to access the internet ... it will be necessary to create several different security profiles and apply them to the respective devices ...

if you mix them up ...then after installation the client will not be able to connect to the server ...because the proxy settings will not match ...

if you don't use a proxy on the ground to access the Internet ... you don't have to set this option.

answering your questions

1. probably not, if clients have access to the internet to connect to the server ....

2. not really ... a client can act as a distribution point, to organize the branch office and reduce requests to the server ...

https://support.kaspersky.com/KSC/14.2/en-US/98876.htm

but this feature is not available in the Cloud edition