heavy writing onto SSD/disk (Apparently isn't new...)

Mr.ME

Link

So, heavy writing onto SSD/disk apparently isn't new.  By far.  But above is for Windows.

I’m seeing kavd write almost as much to disk as it reads, more than all other processes on my system combined.  Under macOS.  Any ideas?

0.1TB, though the system rebooted not long ago - uptime is 7 hrs.

What madness!

Hello @Mr.ME

Welcome back!

1. Is the KIS software install new or has been installed for sometime? 
  2. Check List of applications incompatible with Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac?
  3. Uninstall KIS.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Download new KIS installer
  6. Clean install KIS
  7. Monitor issue? 
  8. If the issue persists, log a case with Kaspersky support, either by Chat or Email, fill in Application malfunction, Other template. Support may request Logs, Traces & other Data, they will guide you. 
  • If selecting Chat option, we recommend you request a copy of the chat transcript, make sure you fill in your email address AFTER the chat is activated by the Chat agent & complete the Verify your email address email AFTER the chat completes.
  • When it’s available, please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋

Resources:

Read before you create a new topic!

Thanks.  

1. It’s not a new install.  >1 year old.
  2. Don’t have anything incompatible installed.
  3. -   8.  Not worth the trouble.  I’ll just disable it and activate it when I really think I needed it. Less effort. 🙄 

• 2 weeks later...

Link

So, heavy writing onto SSD/disk apparently isn't new.  By far.  But above is for Windows.

I’m seeing kavd write almost as much to disk as it reads, more than all other processes on my system combined.  Under macOS.  Any ideas?

0.1TB, though the system rebooted not long ago - uptime is 7 hrs.

What madness!

See if you have the writing of traces enabled. Check “Support/Support Tools”.