Has Kaspersky blocked my microphone?

Hello there,

I couldn’t use my microphone. It was working fine before I installed Kaspersky Internet Security. But, neither I can record a general offline record via Voice Recorder, nor can I use microphone for online audio exchange. Please help me. 

Thank you in advance.

Hello @aashish 
Welcome!

When you run audio and video recording or playback applications for the first time since installation of Kaspersky Internet Security, audio and video playback or recording may be interrupted. This is required to enable the functionality that controls access by applications to sound recording devices. 
The system service that controls audio hardware is restarted when Kaspersky Internet Security is run for the first time.

1. In the browser, has permission to use the microphone been granted - see image 1
  2. What is the status of Webcam access ? 
  3. Has the computer been rebooted since KIS was installed?
  4. Is KIS running? 
  5. May we have a GSI & Windows Logs
  • Also 2 videos, one (recording microphone) of Voice Recorder, recording a Youtube video of Mr. Eugene Kaspersky - sound, and a guide to check KIS Reports, including sound thru microphone, Reports show audio events, all without being blocked by Kaspersky application.

Link

Link
  • image 1 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I am using Kaspersky Total Securety and I have a problem where my mic, which functions completely fine on other devices, is not being working properly and other people can not hear me. Where can I change the settings for the mic.

Thanks in advance. 

Hello @shama,

Welcome!

Has the issue always existed or is new? 

• 1 Check Windows → Microphone, Allow access to microphone on this device - image1 → select whichever application should have access. 
  • 2 Check KTS, Application Rules, Access sound recording devices - image2
  • 3 In KTS Reports - there should be events that show x application is allowed to use audio, in image3 example, Screencast-O-Matic has permission for audio.
  • 4 Check Device manager, Audio → Inputs & outputs → Microphone - image4

• 5 Note, if the issue exists when communications are made using a web browser, check Microphone permissions in each supported browser.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resources:

About protecting an audio stream coming from sound recording devices

How to change audio stream protection settings

About applications' access to the webcam, the application controls the audio signal if it is part of the video stream coming from the webcam.

When I went to the reports it said that the application is allowed to recieve audio stream but my whenever I talked in my mic the other people I was talking to couldn’t hear me and the icon that shows you that you are talking did not light up. 

Hello @shama,

You’re welcome!

Please tell us: 

1. Has the issue always existed or is new? 
  2. Is the microphone being used via an app or via a browser
  3. Operating system name, version & build
  4. KTS version & patch(x)? x = letter
  5. Please export the KTS All Events → 30 days Report, save as a .txt file, attach📎 to your reply? 
  6. Run a GSI & Windows Logs, attach to your reply? 
  7. Run MICROPHONE TEST, see video → https://youtu.be/4_zn2tICmps

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @shama,

We understand. 

1. Which app are you using: name & version?
  2. Run the MICROPHONE TEST, make a video of the test, as we showed above, add to your reply please?
  3. If the system is run in SafeMode with Networking, does the microphone work? 
  4. Has the system been shutdown/powered off, using Shutdown, not Restart, since Kaspersky Total Security 20.0 has been installed?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Microphone Test - Check Your Mic With Our Online Tool _ OnlineMicTest - Google Chrome 2020-06-17 22-54-51.mp4: Sorry, we couldn't upload your file because we don't support that file type. Supported file types: zip, pdf, xml, txt, csv, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, jpg, jpeg, gif, png.

It gave me this error. What file do I have to convert it to? It dose not have anything at the end right now. 

Microphone Test - Check Your Mic With Our Online Tool _ OnlineMicTest - Google Chrome 2020-06-17 22-54-51.mp4: Sorry, we couldn't upload your file because we don't support that file type. Supported file types: zip, pdf, xml, txt, csv, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, jpg, jpeg, gif, png. It gave me this error. What file do I have to convert it to? It dose not have anything at the end right now. 

Hello @shama,

Thank you for the update👌

Don’t worry about converting the file, upload the .mp4 to any cloud service, e.g. Google Drive, OneDrive, IceDrive, post the share link in your topic. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I'm search a anti virus capable to detect witch is causing my Android smartphone Mic hijack. First i saw my callings became alike in mute, either by cell or whatsapp calls. After i test recording in the recorder and whatsapp messages, all without any sound. I thought a android or hardware damage, so i reset the phone and instead of use the backup, reinstall all apps, using only those internal app backups. Initially it solved, but after two weeks, again the calls became mute, but i tried to record my voice on app recorder, it sent many times a message that other app was connecting to the Mic and the record couldn't be done. When i did the same in whatsapp, it freezed. I took out the permit of all apps to access mic, except the recorder, but unsuccessful. After rebooting the cell, i didn't got other error messages or freeze on recorder or whatsapp, but stay the Mic mute. Your app is not capable to find anything. 

Hello @Maurca,

Welcome!

• If KIS is licensed, please contact Kaspersky Technical Support, include the information you’ve provided here, an AIDA64 Report, Support may require logs, if so, they will provide a special KIS version to be installed. 
  • After you submit the request, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12 digits reference #, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Lab human will contact you, also by email, you may continue to communicate with them via reply email & or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky.com account.
  • Please let the Kaspersky Community know what they say?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

I'm search a anti virus capable to detect witch is causing my Android smartphone Mic hijack. First i saw my callings became alike in mute, either by cell or whatsapp calls. After i test recording in the recorder and whatsapp messages, all without any sound. I thought a android or hardware damage, so i reset the phone and instead of use the backup, reinstall all apps, using only those internal app backups. Initially it solved, but after two weeks, again the calls became mute, but i tried to record my voice on app recorder, it sent many times a message that other app was connecting to the Mic and the record couldn't be done. When i did the same in whatsapp, it freezed. I took out the permit of all apps to access mic, except the recorder, but unsuccessful. After rebooting the cell, i didn't got other error messages or freeze on recorder or whatsapp, but stay the Mic mute. Your app is not capable to find anything. 

Hi @Maurca 

As well as above  posts.

Did you “uninstall the recorder app” then reinstall?

How long did you test Smartphone without whatsApp installed?

WhatsApp made major changes in beginning  2020, so if your phone is older than two years you will have great difficulty using WhatsApp in Smartphone and iPhone devices.

WhatsApp now need’s excellent Wifi and Mobile Data speed otherwise you have all these issues you are having now.

Also what version of Kaspersky are you using?

What Version and NAME of Android Phone.

Thank you

Edited by KarDip.