Hardware Virtualization enabled on bios causes Kaspersky high cpu usage. [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by iosman123,

Hello, Kapersky says I should Leave this on in the bios, how ever I have found that turning it on Kapersky causes high cpu usage. Turning it off I have noticed better over all performance on my Amd 10 7800 cpu, by the way Kapersky is the only program that uses this feature on my pc. So I am wondering is it safe to leave this feature turned off, and what dangers there really are turning this off as I can not find a good answer online to this question? thanks iosman

Hello iosman123, Welcome! Please tell us: 1⃣ Operating system name? 2⃣ version? 3⃣ build? 4⃣(all) Kaspersky software: 4⃣a Name: Free or Licensed? 4⃣b Version? 4⃣c Patch(x) x = letter --- Have you checked your system compatability with Kaspersky products? Please let us know so we can provide the information you are seeking? --- "The use of hypervisor technology by malware and rootkits installing themselves as a hypervisor below the operating system, known as hyperjacking, can make them more difficult to detect because the malware could intercept any operations of the operating system (such as someone entering a password) without the anti-malware software necessarily detecting it (since the malware runs below the entire operating system)." --- "Kaspersky/Hypervisor Protection: technology for additional protection against complex malware that could intercept your personal data by using the clipboard or phishing". Thanks so much. https://support.kaspersky.com/12137#block2

• 1 month later...
  • Solution
Hello, Kapersky says I should Leave this on in the bios, how ever I have found that turning it on Kapersky causes high cpu usage. Turning it off I have noticed better over all performance on my Amd 10 7800 cpu, by the way Kapersky is the only program that uses this feature on my pc. So I am wondering is it safe to leave this feature turned off, and what dangers there really are turning this off as I can not find a good answer online to this question? thanks iosman
thanks my issue has been fixed.

Maybe we have a issue with Microsoft Windows 10 Device/Guard. When you disable hypervisor everythings about virtualization is fixed: In prompt with admin privileges run: bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off Restart yout PC. Kaspersky Hardware Virtualization, VMWare and other not MS VM resources will run ok.

• 1 month later...

Maybe we have a issue with Microsoft Windows 10 Device/Guard.

When you disable hypervisor everythings about virtualization is fixed:

In prompt with admin privileges run:

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off

Restart yout PC.

Kaspersky Hardware Virtualization, VMWare and other not MS VM resources will run ok.

1.In KTS 20.0.14.1085 patch e KTS virtualization work only when disable hypervisor in win 10 pro x64 18363.476

2.Malwarebytes ransomware module not work with KTS !