Google maps unable to load the maps or the page

Hi , 

I have a problem , after the k- build of KIS 2020 google maps stops working .Is unable to load the maps or the page  and the only thing that seems to work is to close KIS .I am running Windows 10 and google chrome . 

Hello @Leaf

Welcome!

1. Is Google version 83.0.4103.61?
  2. In Google, has a full browser reset been done?
  3. Does Google Maps open if other supported browsers are used?
  4. Try adding an exclusion in Network Settings → Encrypted Connections Scanning, select Manage exclusions → add www.google.com/ image2

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳

Thanks for your quick response .I have the latest version of chrome (  83.0.4103.97 ) and so far i have tried :

1. In internet explorer works perfect ( maybe because the extension is not installed )
  2. clearing the cache in chrome , no effect
  3. adding the exclusion , work better but after a couple of minutes starts to give the same signs .   

I haven't tried a full reset of chrome .

Hi , 

1.Yes , i’m signed with a user account 

2.In incognito works without a problem

3.what kind of program do you recommend me to use

4.A couple of years ,this is way only after k build i have noticed the difference .

Thank you ! 

Hello @Leaf

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the update and the information👌

Screencast-O-Matic works well, however, as Google Maps is working in incognito mode, it indicates several possible issues, please do the following:

🅰

1. Create a System Restore Point. 
  2. Sign out of the Google account, do not sign again. 
  3. For ALL browsers, export Bookmarks.
  4. Chrome - disable ALL extensions → chrome://extensions/
  5. Run a full Chrome Reset and cleanup → chrome://settings/reset
  6. Recheck "Google Maps not working in Chrome"?
  • Same issue?

Please do the following:

🅱

• 1 Save C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data to a USB/detachable drive  → USER = your name
  • 1 [a] When Chrome User Data is saved, eject the drive. 
  • 2 Uninstall Chrome. 
  • 3 Run KIS Privacy Wizard, select ALL:

[a] Strongly recommended actions
[b] Recommended actions
[c] Additional actions

• 4 At the completion of the Wizard, select Reboot
  • 5 Login.
  • 6 Download and install a new Chrome browser.
  • 7 Start Chrome - do not sign into your account atm. 
  • 8 Recheck "Google Maps not working in Chrome"? 

Working👏 ? Please let us know?
Not working😥 ? Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳

Hello @Leaf

Thank you for the update. 

• The video is private, we cannot view it, however, we do understand, if KIS is exited Google Maps works and when Chrome browser is run in incognito mode Google Maps works.
  1. Please post a full page image of Chrome extensions? 
  2. Please replicate the problem → in the Chrome browser, open Google Maps, select the 3 vertical dots, select More Tools, select Developer tools, select Console, in the log, select Save as, save the log and attach📎 it to your topic please? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳

Hello @Leaf

Thank you👌

1. Please post a full page image of Chrome extensions?
  2. Please post a GSI & Windows logs
  3. For Chrome Developer log, we need the Console log, with the Console log open, place the cursor in the body of the log, right click, select Save as, save the log with file extension .log,  attach📎 it to your topic please? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳

Hello @Leaf,

• 1 The .xml file appears to be from the Elements tab, not Console; so yes, please recreate the maps problem & at the same time open the Console log, save the Console log with file extension .log, attach📎 it to your topic please? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳

It shoud work now :

Link

Hello,

I view lot of resources which has been blocked by anti-banner. Do you enable anti-banner function of KIS? If Yes, Please try to disable it. Also, If you enable some anti-banner addones of the Chrome, Please also disable it. Let’s see whether the issue has gone or not.

Regards.

Hi, 

I just wanted to say that I have exactly the same issue. It started around the same time as Leaf’s problem. I also tried all the things you guys suggested and I don't have Anti-banner enabled in Kaspersky; still doesn’t work.

Hopefully, someone will figure this out.

Regards,

Pascal

Hello @PascalvanDongen,

Welcome!

1. Please recreate the maps problem & at the same time open the Console log, save the Console log with file extension .log, attach📎 it to your reply please? 
  2. Please post a full page image of Chrome extensions → chrome://extensions/  ? 
  3. Please post a GSI & Windows logs

Please post back?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳

Hi, 

I just wanted to say that I have exactly the same issue. It started around the same time as Leaf’s problem. I also tried all the things you guys suggested and I don't have Anti-banner enabled in Kaspersky; still doesn’t work.

Hopefully, someone will figure this out.

Regards,

Pascal

Hello @PascalvanDongen 

Please follow @FLOOD advices to provide the console log first. We should see is there a problem record in the console log. No log file, We don’t analyses this problem. I test your case in my side. No problem occurred. So this issue is only on your side , which have some environment lead to this problem. otherwise, we can only guess the reason for this issue. We are not gamblers, we are not God, we are not your computer. We can not help you.

All the red font event we need know in console log:

All Non-200 network response types of events, we need to know in Network log.

Regards

Thank you guys for your response. 

I recreated the problem and saved the console and network logs. The network logs are saved as a .har file. I never heard of it, so I hope it is correct. 

As soon as I closed Kaspersky Internet Security, the problem was solved. So I believe it really is a bug in Kaspersky.

The requested files are in a .zip, because I got an error that not all file types are supported by this forum.  

Regards,

Pascal

Enabling anti banner doesn't work , i have noticed that after the problem occurs i cant even open another page with Maps (click it ,nothing happens ) . As i have mentioned before , the only way to fix it is to close Kaspersky .

Hello @Leaf,

Thank you👌

• Re “the only way to fix it is to close Kaspersky.

We do understand. 

➡ For the purposes of checking to see if one or both of these may be contributing to the issue, please do the following:

1. Uninstall both SUPERAntiSpywareMalwarebytes - at the completion of the uninstall, shutdown the machine, using Shutdown, not Restart. 
  2. Power the device on.
  3. Login.
  4. Make sure KIS is running - do not run anything else atm.
  5. Run a manual KIS Database update - allow it to complete.
  6. Run a KIS Full scan -  allow it to complete.
  7. Recheck the Google Maps issue. 
  8. If the issue remains, post a new  GSI & Windows logs please? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳

I have the same issue.  A few weeks ago, I started having problems with Google maps.  It will stop working after a few minutes.  I have this issue in every browser.  If I disable Kapersky protection, it works without any issues.  I don’t want to disable my protection but that seems to be the only way Google map will work.  This started happening after I obtained a Google API (could be a coincidence).  Not sure if Kapersky is blocking something that has to do with that.  I really need a resolution since I use Google maps quite a lot.  If I use Google maps on my work laptop (my company uses Kapersky as well), I have no issue so I that is why I think it has to do with the Google API, which is not on my work laptop.

We have a new bug on the issue (4302005).

Please tell about the results of the next steps:

1. Clear cache in browser, restart browser and retest the issue.
  2. Disable browser’s Kasperksy extension, restart browser and retest the issue.
  3. Disable Inject script option (Settings - Additional - Network), restart browser and retest the issue.

Thanks!