Google Chrome Problem - Kaspersky blocks it

Gene15644
Go to solution Solved by Berny,

Good Day:

I am running Kaspersky 21.3.10.391 (j) on Windows 10.0.19044 x64 on a Core I7 @ 3.4 ghz.  16 gb.   500 Gigabyte free.

I am using Firefox 104.0.2 and Brave 1.43.89 Chromium 105.0.5195  

Google announced a vulnerability with Google Chrome recently. 

I noticed that I had an "older" version.     I tried to update it, but could not do so.   

I needed to shut off Kaspersky to perform an update    I updated to 105.0.5195.

Since I performed an update Kaspersky seems to be blocking Chrome.   I say this because if I turn Kaspersky totally off,  I can use Chrome.  

If  I come to a site while Kaspersky is off,  I can see it.  Sometimes either Chrome or Kaspersky "remembers" the site and will let me see it while Kaspersky is on.

Normally I get the following displays on Chrome for "unlearned" sites.

image.thumb.png.5f21f239824ed1bdba4418218518fecd.png

• Solution

@Gene15644 Welcome.

Please try this suggestion from @Igor Kurzin ?

On 4/29/2022 at 7:23 AM, Igor Kurzin said:
  1. Disable Self-Defense via Settings -> General
  2. Exit Kaspersky product, on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, right-click the Kaspersky icon, select Exit. 
  3. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\ and rename the folder Report to Report1  
  4. Start Kaspersky Internet Security.
  5. Enable Self-Defense.
  • Like 6

Added advice from my following of Igor's suggestion...

1. Be sure to disable self defense.   Otherwise the System will not let you change the name of the folder.

2. You still require administrative privilege to change a folder name in this critical area of the system.
      a.  Be sure that you have administrative privileges

b.  To change the name - right click on the folder,  look below for the "Rename" with a shield that shows Administrative privileges.   Click on that to initiate a rename of the folder from Report to Report1.

3.  Reinitialize self defense under settings.
4.. I took the precaution of restarting the system to allow the Kaspersky to "find everything".

I hope that this augments Igor's instructions.   They do work.

• Like 3

In parting?   The support in the US was not getting it done.      I'm coming here from now on.

Berny saved me the misery of having to find a new Anti-Virus software.   He saved Kaspersky a paying customer.

I'm an employee of a large US company.    He saved the reputation of Kaspersky there too.

I'm in Customer Support.    Every customer matters.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!! I have the same problem, with all of the navigators I use (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozila) I could not navigate through internet. I was trying to do the steps for this solution but in my case I am not able to see the "Report" Folder. Therefore, I cannot change the name.

C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\ and rename the folder Report to Report1

The folders I have inside the AVP21.3 are the ones seen in the attached image. Do I have to change something in this folder or not? At the moment I had to disable the KIS in order to be able to work.

image.thumb.png.0c0b38a30daca3f1cb416ed7f17e2a62.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 6:47 AM, Berny said:

@Gene15644 Welcome.

Please try this suggestion from @Igor Kurzin ?

1. Disable Self-Defense via Settings -> General
  2. Exit Kaspersky product, on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, right-click the Kaspersky icon, select Exit. 
  3. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\ and rename the folder Report to Report1  
  4. Start Kaspersky Internet Security.
  5. Enable Self-Defense.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I HV BEEN TRYING TO FIX THIS FOR 2 DAYS. I knew it was Kaspersky blocking as it is only affecting chrome browser. But looking at the applications, no where said it blocked chrome. should have googled "Kaspersky blocking chrome" the first thing. Hahha. Thank you again!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I stumbled accross this thread after trying to diagnose an issue with Chromium and as it turned out the fix for Chromium also fixed an issue with Discord that I didnt realise was related (as in both Chromium & Discord could not access the internet.

So my question is, … would/did KIS start blocking some applications out of the blue..? and what the significance of renaming the report folder..? And more importantly how do I STOP this kind …happening moving forward.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Fellas.
im having same issue, but because i know my Kaspersky version is different than the other one...i formatted my pc i got hit by Redline Stealer. So i did Format all 4 drives and did clean install of everything.
im using same account from Kaspersky and the program is diferent lol?
i Mean i bought the Plus version, but by mistake it came a Pure code which gives protection up to 3 devices, which i cant even connect on my android phone i dont know why if i can use on 3 devices why cant i use on phone right?
so i only get problems using Facebook on Chrome, at least that i notice its only Facebook Page and maybe youtube takes a long time on some videos i think its not right because i got 500mb/s Fiber i can download a video game like 100gb 5min
im watching Prime video movies in 4k without any interruption on my mobile via wifi so it makes no sense.

which version of Kaspersky its the best?
cheers

Screenshot 2023-08-13 112627.png

19 hours ago, Berny said:

@Holic Welcome.

This community cannot handle license issues, please contact Kaspersky Technical Support, the link is located at the top of this Webpage.

Hello. Yes  i already figured that out...
Anyways i need help its with that problem of the Chrome not having internet...i mean makes no sense that the AV would automatically shut down the internet connection of my browser without even asking right?

im Running Now the Plus Version like before, but i got the same issue, browser consumes a lot of resources but has no connection
I go to Folder there's no Hidden files or folders with Report name...

Welp?!
Thanks its like the browser stops working on some pages...
could it be an attack from the hacker who tried to steal from me? so i would have problems changing passwords on all accounts?
Because my internet i've checked the Ip Address doesn't change its fixed he could be doing a DDoS attack or something?
I did recover 99% of my accounts that mattered, maybe now he's ....  at me?
because im using the browser here and i have no issues but after a few minutes and i go to other pages i cant use anymore. Either way i might be losing my mind after 1 weeks of dealing with a mediocre hacker...

kaspersky version.png

1 hora atrás, Berny disse:

@Holic

1. Please check Chrome for suspicious extensions ?
  2. Please reset Chrome settings to default ?

Hello, im Using there ones...but id've seen they are safe...Could it be Guardio? i dont think so im also using it on my phone...
Chrome stops working on facebook page, i get a warning that i lost connection the page freezes a few seconds later it regains internet connection but its like this a while until the browser uses like 50/70% of my CPU and up to 20gb RAM and i close it on Taskmanager. im gonna try other browsers, but it seems tio««o me that Edge is running pretty good without issues.
And im Writing you on Chrome so it seems its only on some websites and its only using 2/3% cpu and 2gb ram, Reddit its also fine

extensions .png

2 horas atrás, Berny disse:

@HolicIm not sure if its that that you meant?
The Reports on Kaspersky i dont know which ones you want? There's no threats 

Please reproduce the issue and :

1. Check your Kaspersky reports ?
  2. Check your Windows Event Logs ?

audit failures.png