Future of Kaspersky Security for Windows Server (KSWS)

Go to solution Solved by Guest #37,

Hi,

I want to get knowledge about the future of the KSWS product. Is there a new version planned here (KSWS 11) and if so, will it or also KSWS 10.x be integrated into KSC 12 and KSC CloudConsole? 

In general we only use KSWS (and not KES) for server protection and we have many customers who also use this protection. Since many of them are migrating to cloud management and KSWS support is neither available for the current WebConsole nor announced for the new Kaspersky Security Center, I wanted to find out about the future of the product. If it is not yet officially allowed to publish information about it, that is okay and understandable. I just have to say that as partner we have to focus on vendors who also offer cloud based server security. KES sometimes does not fulfill the requirements of customers as KSWS does.

If any other partner knows more than I do, please let me know. Also officials from Kaspersky Lab are pleased to join the conversation here 😌

Cheers✌

• 6 months later...

In addition:

"Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console" version 1.2 supports the administration of KS4WS. However, this is limited to KS4WS 11 and select-functionality.

https://support.kaspersky.com/KSC/CloudConsole/en-US/172903.htm

Advanced-functionality comes with version 2, which is announced for Q1 2021 (add 3 months).

KS4WS 10 can already be integrated into a cloud-based administration: With "Kaspersky Security Center Cloud Console", on-prem administration servers can be managed as slave administration servers. In this way, the servers with KS4WS can be managed via a KSC, which is part of the cloud-based forest structure.

I couldn't find any information regarding KS4WS and "Kaspersky Endpoint Security Cloud" - in the current version 12.1, KS4WS cannot be managed.

Regards
Alex