Funny font for credentials in the latest update

Kruk07

Hello,

Since the latest update (10.1.0.360 / 1661163879_7232 / 1.0.523.0-0.8.3.0_1) the font used for credentials have changed and it looks funny

image.png.d30dd321ab8281d2d1e8b200f01ef804.png

Is there any way to change it as I do not like it and sometimes it is difficult to read some of the characters/letters.

Thanks

Kruk

On 9/1/2022 at 7:46 AM, Kruk07 said:

Since the latest update (10.1.0.360 / 1661163879_7232 / 1.0.523.0-0.8.3.0_1) the font used for credentials has changed, it looks funny; I do not like it; sometimes it is difficult to read some of the characters/letters.

Hello @Kruk07

Update: the issue has been escalated to the KPM experts, we'll update the topic with any feedback when it's available. 

Thank you?
Flood? +?

On 9/1/2022 at 7:06 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Kruk07

Additional, have you tested the new feature: downloading passwords from My Kaspersky

Thank you?
Flood? +?

Resource:

Version 10.1.0.360 release

Not to hyjack this thread, but thank you for that heads up Flood, as that is nice feature ? To be able work, edit, download etc. passwords from online could come in handy. Thank you, Kaspersky.

10523291_kasperskypmonline.jpg.2e70832989819ce435fe82f608be4ed1.jpg

Edited by jonny quest
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, jonny quest said:

Not to hijack this thread, but thank you for that heads up Flood, as that is nice feature ? To be able work, edit, download etc. passwords from online could come in handy. Thank you, Kaspersky.

Hello @jonny quest

Welcome back!

Remember, the exported download is a simple text file, not encrypted, or protected in any way - please heed Kaspersky's notes: You must ensure the safety of such data on your own, in other words, make sure it's safe & secure at all times! 

Thank you?
Flood? +?

• Like 2

On 9/1/2022 at 7:46 AM, Kruk07 said:

Since the latest update (10.1.0.360 / 1661163879_7232 / 1.0.523.0-0.8.3.0_1) the font used for credentials have changed and it looks funny, Is there any way to change it as I do not like it and sometimes it is difficult to read some of the characters/letters.

Hello @Kruk07

Update: response from escalation team:

"We are not sure about font, but GUI was slightly changed for better view."

Very unsatisfactory (ioo). 

Thank you?
Flood? +?

I no sooner noticed the difference in font, when my computer started crashing with a BSOD
as soon as I logged into my Password Manager Software. The BSOD is reporting nvlddmkm.sys
as the culprit. I can run my computer just fine for hours on end, but as soon as I enter my Password
Manager Software password, my computer locks up, crashes, and shows the BSOD. 

I have since, updated my video drivers [No Joy] Uninstalled the Display Adapter in Device Manager,
uninstalled all Nvidia drivers and software, rebooted, reinstalled the Display Adapter, reinstalled the 
Nvidia drivers and software [No Joy]

Uninstalled Password Manager, rebooted, reinstalled Password Manager and Password Vault [No Joy]

Today, I've copied over new versions of the nvlddmkm.sys and dxgkrnl.sys files, ran some BSOD diagnostics
via "Windbg", ran more diagnostics using "DISM", ran "SFC", "CHKDSK", and "Memory Diagnostics". With
some luck I may find a solution at the end of the night tonight.

As for Flood and Flood's Wife, I'm not able to find the new option or utility for 
"downloading passwords from My Kaspersky". This would be great since I'm unable to use the software. 
If you could, please let me know how to do this. 

1 hour ago, JimN said:
  1. "downloading passwords from My Kaspersky". 
  2. I no sooner noticed the difference in font, when my computer started crashing with a BSOD, as soon as I logged into my Password Manager Software ..... . With
    some luck I may find a solution at the end of the night tonight.

Hello @JimN

Welcome!

1. Log into your MyKaspersky account, select the Passwords tab, the https://my.kaspersky.com/MyPasswords#/portal/pages/kpm/mainpassword KPM LOGIN page will show, enter (your) KPM MASTER password, select Unlock storage; at the top right of the KPM interface, select the 3 tiny green dots, highlighted by a red dotselect Export (see images)
    Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0310b12fc44cc82667cc844dbbba4aed.png

?Warning -> the exported/downloaded file is an unencrypted/unprotected text file?
  2. Regarding the KPM BSOD & all associated issues, if they persist, please log a case with Kaspersky Support; on the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the issue(*s) & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
In images there is no No 4, mea culpa?
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 12:46 AM, Kruk07 said:

Hello,

Since the latest update (10.1.0.360 / 1661163879_7232 / 1.0.523.0-0.8.3.0_1) the font used for credentials have changed and it looks funny

image.png.d30dd321ab8281d2d1e8b200f01ef804.png

Is there any way to change it as I do not like it and sometimes it is difficult to read some of the characters/letters.

Thanks

Kruk

Hi @Kruk07, which font would you recommend? The one used in the previous version? We (technical support) can pass it over to the developers as a suggestion. 

• Like 3

On 9/6/2022 at 10:19 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Kruk07

Update: response from escalation team: "We are not sure about font, but GUI was slightly changed for better view."

Very unsatisfactory (ioo). 

21 hours ago, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi @Kruk07, which font would you recommend? We (technical support) can pass it over to the developers as a suggestion. 

Hello @Kruk07,

Update from Escalation team: "A request has been submitted  to revert to the original font which was in 9.2 version."

& @Igor Kurzin

Thank you for the intervention - glad commonsense prevailed. 
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1

UPDATE:
I played with this issue for a total of about 2 weeks. I literally tried everything
I could think of. (I've been a computer and network tech since 1995)

Finally, I broke down and got a new Video Card. EVGA Geforce GTX 1660 Super
with 6gb of ram. The problem seems to be gone. But now I'm left wondering 
"what the hell happened here"

Knowing  how electronics work, the video card could
have tanked at the very same time the new Password Manager update happened.
However, that still doesn't answer "why" the computer ran fine until I logged
into the Password software. 

Oh well, problem solved and it only co$ted me 2 weeks of time, some hair 
(that either fell out or was pulled out), and $210 for a new card. 

EDIT: BTW thank you Flood for the instructions. It did work and I was able to use
the text file until I was back up and running. 

Edited by JimN
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, JimN said:

UPDATE: I played with this issue for a total of about 2 weeks. I literally tried everything; I could think of. (I've been a computer and network tech since 1995). Finally, I broke down and got a new Video Card. EVGA Geforce GTX 1660 Super with 6gb of ram. The problem seems to be gone. But now I'm left wondering "what the hell happened here?" Knowing how electronics work, the video card could have tanked at the very same time the new Password Manager update happened. However, that still doesn't answer "why" the computer ran fine until I logged
into the Password software. Oh well, problem solved and it only co$ted me 2 weeks of time, some hair (that either fell out or was pulled out), and $210 for a new card. EDIT: BTW thank you Flood for the instructions. It did work and I was able to use the text file until I was back up and running. 

Hello @JimN

Thank you for taking the time to update the Community?

Re "what the hell happened?" & "why?"; un-answerable questions, without logs, traces, etc., (none of which can be shared in the Community, without breaching Community rules & *your* privacy); it's not even remotely possible to hazard a guess; the answer may be in the Windows event logs & possibly KPM traces (if those were run, when the issues existed...?). 

But, apart from the hair loss & the ?(ouch), time & stress, we're delighted to read you're back on track & our small contribution was helpful?‍♂️

Best regards,
Flood?+?