Full scan keeps stopping

PaulH
Go to solution Solved by Berny,

On XP full scan started and ran to the end unless I paused it.

On Win10 I can leave the computer with it running, come back, it’s gone to sleep or hibernation and scan has stopped.

Sometimes even if I’m using the computer I can switch to Kaspersky to see how it’s doing and it’s stopped.

Sometimes I can be looking at that screen and it restarts by itself, sometimes not and I have to click Resume.

What’s going on?  It’s a pain.

This is a new Inspiron 3891 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz  with 8.00 GB Ram purchased just last month. 

Windows 10 home 20H2 installed 12/10/2021 OS build 19042.1348.

Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.391 (g) was the first thing installed and it has been like this from day one.

There is 106GB of free space on C and 911GB on D.

It has internet access via fibre to the house and there have been no problems accessing anything via that.

I can’t comment on SSE2 instruction set, Microsoft Windows Installer 4.5 or later or Microsoft .NET Framework 4 or later.

I’m using Google Chrome Version 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (64-bit).

More assistance needed.

Kaspersky reports:  Three logins to My Kaspersky all prior to the last scan.

2255 errors and warnings in Event Viewer since initial use.

Nothing other than information items for Kaspersky Event Log.  

There seems to be from one to three Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin errors each day.

Occasional "Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface.  hr = 0x80070005, Access is denied." entries at scan times as well as non-scan days.

Should I be looking for something more specific?

I used File Explorer, Tools Check on both drives and both came back with "You don't need to scan this drive" no errors found.

Thanks but if I go to that page there is no Contact Us tab or button that I can see.  It does have ‘Contact support’ but only a chat option or a phone number is under that.

I had a problem updating a debit card and manage to raise an incident and resolve that, but I’m blowed if I know how.  I sent an email to the address that replied to those but got a ‘Fail to register incident’ response saying to go to my.kaspersky.com, which loads the licences page.  There is a ‘Contacts’ link at the bottom of that page which takes me to a Contact Us page, with links for Customer support and a button under Technical Support for Home users, but both those take me to the same page as your link.

There is a menu on the Licenses page with a Support option but that takes me to the same page as the others.

I maybe be missing something somewhere, but I’m going round in circles.

I was able to raise an incident using the US link, so thanks for that.  Carried out several operations as instructed over a couple of days, including re-running the scan, but the problem didn’t occur.  The ‘normal’ scan ran this morning and completed in 90 minutes with no intervention on my part as opposed to 4 hours and repeated resumes the last time, so I have suggested the incident is closed.

I still begs the question of how UK people raise an incident.