Full Scan Issue (gets stuck and disconnects internet)

Hello,

I have a peculiar problem with Kaspersky Internet Security (v21.3.10.391). When I attempt a full scan, it eventually gets stuck at exactly 87% progress (does not complete even when left running overnight) with no error or anything. When I try and check what's up, the computer has no connection to the internet. Chrome reports DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. Running Windows network troubleshooter cannot identify the no connection problem (connected via ethernet cable). The only solution at that point seems to be just stopping KIS scan and restarting the PC. Out of the ~3 attempts I did since January of this year, this same thing happened 2 times and 1 completed with no issue. I had never run into this problem using the same KIS installation and PC prior to that. I'm running Windows 10 21H2.

I was not able to find anything when I searched online so I figured I'd ask on the forums. I'd appreciate any feedback on what might be causing this and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by hknydn

Hello @hknydn,

Welcome back!

Please try this solution from @Igor Kurzin

1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?

Please share the outcome with the Community? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife