Full Scan, Cloud objects skipped

MDT

Hello MDT, As well as info from Igor Kurzin & request from berny, go to:
  1. Settings > Additional > Reports and Quarantine > Log non-critical events.
  2. Run scan again.
  3. Check Scan Report, more detailed information SHOULD be available.
Ref: https://help.kaspersky.com/KIS/2019/en-US/68263.htm [Reports and Quarantine settings][Log non-critical events]. If it doesn't work please let us know. Good luck!

• 10 months later...

I am kinda disturbed that we have to activate a more detailed scan to actually scan this.  I never saw anything about cloud object skipped before in past scans.  Is this a new feature to Chrome?   And if so why does not Kaspersky scan them without us having to activate a feature.   If they could be used against us shouldn’t the program look for it anyways?

Hello @Burn4U2077,

Welcome!

1. Please provide more information so we understand the issue (for you) please?
  2. Please export the KIS, All events, 7days Report, save as a .txt file & attach📎 to your reply?

For clarification:

• If “it’s” a new Chrome feature it’s out of scope for Kaspersky. 
  • The Log non-critical events, is not a scan, it is part of a trouble shooting procedure, suggested to @MDT, to assist them resolve the issue they were trying to resolve.  
  • Kaspersky’s documented advice: Scanning files in OneDrive cloud storage
  • In Windows 10 RS3 or later, Kaspersky Internet Security does not scan files in OneDrive cloud storage.
  • If the application detects such files during a scan, it shows a notification stating that the files in cloud storage were not scanned.
  • The following components do not scan files in OneDrive cloud storage:

Full Scan
Selective Scan
Quick Scan
Background Scan

• The report on the operation of Kaspersky Internet Security contains a list of files in OneDrive cloud storage that were skipped during scan.
  • Files downloaded from OneDrive cloud storage to a local computer are scanned by real-time protection components.
  • If a file scan was postponed and the file has been uploaded back to OneDrive cloud storage before the scan is started, this file may be skipped during a scan.
  • When running applications and scripts, the Application Control and System Watcher components download applications from the OneDrive cloud storage to the local computer to scan.

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I have the same problem: when I run a full scan it says “18 cloud objects were skipped”. I activated the ‘Log non-critical events’ option, but after looking at the report I didn’t find any entry regarding (cloud) objects being skipped.

My question is: where do I find these objects and how do i scan them? 

If it matters, I’ve never used cloud services to upload my files.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am having the same issue..

I did try the log non critical option, and it’s just too large.. 

Kaspersky said “one cloud objects were skipped”.. to find that ONE in such a massive report is impossible.. I already tried for half an hour and can’t do it.

I would just like to know why this is happening and how to scan that object.

I do not have one drive installed, i.e, with my new laptop, i uninstalled it. It’s an Aorus X5 V8 which came with very little junkware and no other malware protection like most laptops do.. in other words I was able to install kaspersky total security as the first and only AV suite on the machine…

So I have no idea what could possibly be in the cloud that kaspersky can’t scan.

I did have express VPN open at the time so I closed that and re scanned, and again, the same message about one file being skipped.

Any ideas?

20.0.14.1085 is the version of Kaspersky Total

Latest threat definitions.

I have all default settings as the program was installed.. I haven’t mucked about with anything.

The first time I performed a scan one week ago, after initial installation and threat database update, there was no such “cloud” message after scan.

I have chrome installed as well as the new edge. I do not use kaspersky safe money (I will make another topic as to why, i’d love to use it, but the keyboard is broken here so I can’t use it).

I am trying to think of anything I may have touched but really it was just a plain jane default install that followed all the recommended suggestions.

Hello, I have the same problem: when I run a full scan it says “18 cloud objects were skipped”. I activated the ‘Log non-critical events’ option, but after looking at the report I didn’t find any entry regarding (cloud) objects being skipped. My question is: where do I find these objects and how do i scan them? If it matters, I’ve never used cloud services to upload my files.

Hello @lilium66 

Welcome!

Sometimes, objects may be inaccessible, due to being locked or in backup storage, at those times the ”skipped” message will appear.

• May we have an image of the error please?
  • What was being scanned at the time?

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @TTOZ,

Welcome!

Sometimes, objects may be inaccessible, due to being locked or in backup storage, at those times the ”skipped” message will appear.

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I will run the full scan again and take a screenshot when it’s done :)

Talk soon.

It exports blank.. there’s literally no info.. this is what confused me so much as well. I am not sure what to do other than maybe taking screencast showing you a scan and the result I see?

Hello @TTOZ,

Thank you👌

• Screencast is not necessary, I do believe you, this issue has come up a few times and never really been categorically answered, the only relevant Kaspersky documentation is “KIS does not scan files in OneDrive cloud storage. If the application detects such files during a scan, it shows a notification stating that the files in cloud storage were not scanned”, which does not apply as you’ve advised One Drive is not connected - lets check if the pgm is installed, even tho it’s not connected: go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features - in the Search🔎 field, top righthand corner, enter One, please post an image of the results? 
  • Probably, the only way to get a definitive answer is to ask Kaspersky Technical Support, they will require a GSI & Windows Logs, a detailed history & images & they may ask for Traces, captured as the issue is replicated, depending on the Fullscan duration & number of objects, the Traces may be very big < be prepared for this🙂
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

➡ Please let us know the outcome when it’s available? 

Regarding the SafeMoney issue you mentioned in your first post, please let us know the details so we can help? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello, I have the same problem: when I run a full scan it says “18 cloud objects were skipped”. I activated the ‘Log non-critical events’ option, but after looking at the report I didn’t find any entry regarding (cloud) objects being skipped. My question is: where do I find these objects and how do i scan them? If it matters, I’ve never used cloud services to upload my files.

Hello @lilium66 

Welcome!

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @FLOOD, thank you for your answer.

Here it is

I was running a full scan.

Hello @FLOOD, thank you for your answer. May we have an image of the error please?

Here it is, What was being scanned at the time? I was running a full scan.

Hello @lilium66,

Thank you so much👏 , what’s also very interesting is the notification, to Windows Notification Center. 

• Kaspersky documentation is very clear, it refers to OneDrive Cloud only, not GoogleDrive or any other Cloud storage:

Scanning files in OneDrive cloud storage
In Windows 10 RS3 or later, Kaspersky Security Cloud does not scan files in OneDrive cloud storage.

If Kaspersky Security Cloud detects such files during a scan, it shows a notification stating that the files in cloud storage were not scanned.

The following components do not scan files in OneDrive cloud storage:

• Full Scan
  • Selective Scan
  • Quick Scan
  • Background Scan

The report on the operation of Kaspersky Security Cloud contains a list of files in OneDrive cloud storage that were skipped during scan.

Files downloaded from OneDrive cloud storage to a local computer are scanned by real-time protection components.

If a file scan was postponed and the file has been uploaded back to OneDrive cloud storage before the scan is started, this file may be skipped during a scan.

When running applications and scripts, the Application Control and System Watcher components download applications from the OneDrive cloud storage to the local computer to scan.

• Please raise the issue with Kaspersky Technical Support, they’re the ones who’ll be able to provide a definitive answer. 
  • They will ask for traces, thankfully the issue is able to be replicated, otherwise, it would be a PIA for you😉

Please do share their advice when it’s available?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 months later...

Hello @MDT, @lilium66, @TTOZ, @David27, @Burn4U2077 

Advice from Moscow HQ Kaspersky Technical experts, sent: Wednesday, 24 June 2020 01:30:

"In Windows 10 RS3 1709 or later, Kaspersky Security Cloud does not scan files in OneDrive cloud storage. The notification will “say” x cloud objects skipped.”

“In order for Kaspersky to scan such files, these files have to be completely downloaded from OneDrive Storage to the local machine or computer. This process is quite ineffective as it takes some time to download files, it uses disk resources as well, plus, files are not harmful until they are downloaded.”

unquote

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• 2 weeks later...

@MDT@Burn4U2077@lilium66@TTOZ@David27 

Kaspersky Technical Support have corrected their previous advice:

quote:  

From: Kaspersky Lab Support, Sent: Monday, 29 June 2020 22:08

Unfortunately, our statement on 6/24/2020, "The skipped objects will not only show for OneDrive cloud storage, but for all online cloud drive storage such as Google Drive, One Drive, etc." is incorrect.   Kaspersky doesn't scan Google Drive and other online cloud drive storages. Article relates only to OneDrive.”  

unquote
🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi, some time ago I’ve found on my pc a folder containing the missed files from the scan. I can’t remember the exact location, but it probably was some One Drive and/or Windows Mail App-folder. (One of) these apps were storing files on the pc, probably on an hidden folder inside the “AppData” path. And there were exactly 18 files, the missed files from my scan.

Anyway, now I’m not receiveng the ‘cloud-objects-skipped’-notification, maybe because I formatted the PC or because I’ve changed the Microsoft account’s privacy settings and deleted all files from my cloud storage or because the Kaspersky software does not do that anymore (it’s been updated).

In conclusion, these skipped files are safe, they come from your e-mail/ cloud service and if you’ve never used it, it doesn’t mean that there are no files there, for example, you could receive an email with an attachment or someone shares a document with you and you open it with your app, and it automatically saves a copy on the cloud! Check your settings for that ;) 

P.S. I’ve found an interesting folder for those who use Windows Mail App → C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\